See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I agree completely with the review below. I have just been there (2012) AND NOTHING MUCH HAS CHANGED. The cockerel is still there and there was no privacy due to the family living there. Our every move was watched and it felt as if we couldn't talk or sit out at all. The steep hill is an understatement ! It must be the highest place in Lindos. It was my 7th visit to Lindos as I love the place but it was completely ruined by the steep hill and steps, the lack of privacy thanks to the owners, and the livestock outside the bedroom window! As there were no curtains except a net, I showered and was changing when I found them staring in at me. (Granddaughter I think).
Absolutely appalling place.
DON'T GO.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 2 May 2010

The reason I am writing this is because Olympic are still advertising this dreadful place in their brochure using the same glowing terms that we fell for. We were attending a family wedding in the beautiful White Church in Lindos. My husband, sister and brother-in-law booked, with Olympic, the Herife Villa. Two bedrooms, kitchen, shower room and terrace. What a nightmare it turned out to be. There was a hole in the ceiling where the fan was supposed to be, some of the wardrobes had locks on, others had personal items such as wedding pictures and clothing, the "cooker" was sitting on top of a low folding table right outside one bedroom door and when we opend the oven door it fell off, family pictures adorned the walls, one bed, a set of drawers and a chair collapsed when used and to cap it all, when the bedroom window was opened there was a yard which housed a load of rubbish (rat heaven) and a pile of pallets put together to keep some chickens and a COCKEREL which started cock-a-doodling at 2.30am. The kitchen sink had been placed in front of a door leading to the owners accomodation and the backboard was damp and was a haven for cockroaches. The owners seemed to live in one room and always had their door open which meant they watched every move we made on the courtyard terrace. Their bathroom door also opened onto the courtyard and a man would come every morning and leave that door open whilst he washed and shaved. That was also their toilet!!! We realised that this was not a holiday property but ther home which they let out in the summer.
On the first day we complained to the Olympic Rep and what followed was a travesty. They kept putting us off with excuses as to why they would not move us then tried to charge us the same amount again as the holiday had cost to change our accommodation. We even phoned their head ofice in Cyprus, when we were told (I had it on speaker-phone which was a good job because they tried to deny their advise later) that if we found somewhere else to stay we should save our receipts and forward them to the office for a refund. Eventually we moved ourselves and found a loveley place.
We had wasted five days of our holiday.
On our return home I started the complaints procedure. Olympic tried their best to wriggle out of their responsibilty but, after nine months, we got our money back. Advice for readers, take photos and videao, get statements from as many people as you can, go to ABTA mediation services and, finally, DON'T GIVE UP.
If you stay at the HERIFE VILLA you want your head examining

Date of stay: July 2008