Xenones Lindos
US$539
US$138
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lindos View(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$292
  • Pool
US$308
  • Breakfast included
Lindos Sun Hotel(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Lindos Village Resort & Spa(Vlycha)(Great Value!)
US$131
Lindos Mare(Lindos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblock drooftop terraceair conbeach towelsdamp smelllovely courtyardprivate balconydouble bedstone stepsbars and restaurantshot watershower headperfect baseelevated positionshort strollapartments are cleanlate check
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Me and my partner have just returned from an amazing week staying at the lovely Xenones Lindos apartments.
If you are looking for a relaxing, friendly, picturesque place to visit, Lindos is the place to go. Beautiful weather, sandy beaches (which were never too busy) and clear blue water. Staying at Xenones was simply the icing on the cake.

The positives:
Location: simply put you couldn't ask for a better location in Lindos. The Xenones is about a 2 minute walk from the shops/bars/restaurants but when sitting on the roof top terrace, you could feel like you were the only people in the whole village. Some of the other accommodation located on the outskirts of the village looked really nice but the whole place is quite hilly and I don't think I would have liked the walk in and out every day.

Roof top terrace: we stayed in C12 which was directly below the roof top terrace which looked out over the beautiful village and out to the ocean. I must say I was slightly apprehensive before arriving about not having my own private balcony but it is spacious and in all honesty in the whole time we were there I think I only seen two other couples using the space and it was quite nice to have a chat over a glass of wine

Service: upon arrival we were given a lovely bottle of wine from Andy the owner who also told us the best places to eat and make our way around the island. Our kettle in the room didn't work and we just popped down and a replacement was with us in about 5 minutes.

I only have one negative which is a little personal to me and my partner with us both being extremely light sleepers. In our room the fridge was a little loud I don't know whether it might just need a quick service. Also as we were directly under the balcony in the morning, when it was cleaned and the furniture was moved the noise woke us up most days.

Regardless of the above I must say we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in Lindos and I am extremely pleased with the choice we made in accommodation. Andy does state that this is not a 5 star hotel which is correct, the towels aren't changed every day but the apartments are extremely clean and the room was tidied each day. The light fuse did trip whilst we were at the apartments but there is certainly no need to worry about electric shocks! the trip was resolved within about 5 minutes with no fuss at all.

I am sure there are lovely 5 star hotels in the Lindos area but I would encourage anyone to give them a miss and stay here as I think it made us feel more at home and enjoy the charm and character that Lindos has to offer.

Usually we do not visit anywhere twice but I would certainly be tempted to return to Lindos for a relaxing break as I can honestly say I have never felt more at home in a European country, if we do come back we will be staying at Xenones so have the wine ready for us!!!!

Thanks to Andy and his staff for making this a great holiday!!!

Adam & Lisa

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
XenonesLindos, Owner at Xenones Lindos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guests,

We are extremely happy, we have added value to your holidays and made them beautiful and relaxing.

Thanks a lot for the detailed review and recommendations in public. Iam sure these will educate and assist future guests, in terms of our property structure, services and of course our village and what they can expect. Highly appreciated.

Once more, thanks so much for staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Several problems: the shower head was broken, the towels were dirty and an electrical shock occured! We called the owner, but he didn't fix the shower for two days neither changed the towels so we were practically unable to use the bathroom. It was indicated that they change sheets and towels every three days; we stayed four and even when we insisted for new towels they simply answered there are no available ones... Our room was dark overlooking to an internal court, the service was very bad and we payed around 100 euros per night. Honestly we wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madeleine A
XenonesLindos, Owner at Xenones Lindos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in public and we are sorry we did not manage to meet your expectations.

Please allow us to point out the following:

1. The fact that the once and only the general electricity switcher in your room's fuse box, tripled does not make it " electrical shock". This happens for your own safety, as it might happen in every house for various expected and unexpected reasons. During your childhood you experienced some electrical shock sand this left you with several bad memories and physiological issues in respect to electricity, as you advised us later, but unfortunately what happened in your case while staying with us, was not an electrical shock. That is why, you were unable even to open the "door" of the fuse box and switch on the general switcher of electricity and had to call me 2am after midnight - no problem for me though - whereas, my assistant, Meggie. woke up and came to the property to assist you, with this minor issue.

2. The shower head was not broken in fact you mentioned that it was not cleaned properly - but this iam sorry, even if not a fact, does not make it broken.- In our case we replaced it with a new one, just to have a "head of shower" shining! in your bathroom.

3. True, we change bed linens and towels every 3 stayed overnights, unless its necessary earlier. In your case we changed them at least 5 times!, as you were not satisfied with any set of fresh ones we were bringing, by saying " the smell is not nice or they are not total white or they do not feel silk and soft". For obvious reasons we give out our laundry, due to lack of space and we are not a 5 star hotel which would give you the chance to choose the towel / sheet type or make the pillow selection of your choice or change them twice daily.

4. Your room is 35 sqm sharing a courtyard with an other studio of ours, something very common in Lindos. In addition, you had direct access to our roof top terrace , by climbing a few steps. Your room has bright orange, light grey and light green colors and of course is always cooler than many others, as under the trees of our garden. Regulars of Lindos and not only, know very well that our village is famous (one of the reasons) for the sharing ground level pebbled courtyards, as balconies etc, strictly forbidden by the Archaeological authorities.

To close my point of view, i personally spent more than 2 hours daily to listen to your preferences and complains in respect to any of our services, our staff and our product itself. With yourself being very rude to our staff, which had to clean the courtyards at 11am in the morning and the noise of the water could not allow you to sleep? Furthermore, tried unsuccessfully to replace myself, by giving orders to my housekeeper Lilly on how to clean, when to clean and what to clean.

My friendly advise is next time to choose a real 5 star hotel of the area (only few real 5 stars) for 400 euro per night, where you will be able to demand much more than what we are offering, but where iam confident, they will not pay the attention we paid to you and your husband. In our case the price you paid was 85 euro per night, which includes a commission of 25% and vat + our expenses. Hence i guess that for less than 55 euro per night, you had a descent, clean and with some comforts accommodation in one of the most beautiful villages.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 16 night stay in Lindos, the first week spent at Xenones. How we wished we had stayed there for the duration. !! Andy and his team were more than welcoming, always on hand for questions etc and supplied some lovely touches with welcome wine on arrival, beach towels etc ( All included ). We had a superb apartment with it's own private terrace furnished with table / chairs / Large Parasol and even 2 x Large sunbeds.
The apartment itself was spotlessly clean with everything you would need for a self catering stay and the Air Con was perfectly powerful enough.( Cleaned regularly with clean towels provided etc. )
In terms of it's position in the Village it could not be better placed. A very short walk to the beautiful cobbled streets of the Village with it's amazing restaurants / bars end even better was the short stroll to the 4 X lovely beaches that Lindos offers in the 2 X Bays. ( Lindos Main and St Pauls ) Back to Xenones and I can honestly say that after 6 x visits to Lindos and the surrounding areas, staying at Xenones was our best decision yet . We will certainly be going back next year and this time will stay there for the duration of our trip. Many thanks once more to Andy and his team..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
XenonesLindos, Owner at Xenones Lindos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Guests,

Great to hear from you and very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and Lindos Village.

Your kind words and comments are so highly appreciated and I really hope to see you back soon!

Our best wishes for this coming winter.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

the hotel is very nice and quiet.
great location about 5 minute walk to car park, and a minute walk from main street of lindos.
we stayed 4 nights at family apartment B8 - very nice room with beautiful arch and great terrace with beautiful view of acropolis and village.
andy was very helpful with usful info even before arrival. thanks andy.
we recommend this place !!!

Room Tip: contact Andy for any info you need.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
XenonesLindos, Owner at Xenones Lindos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guests,

Thanks a lot for visiting our small property this summer and we are very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and the magic Lindos.

Your comments in public are highly appreciated.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My partner and I stayed here the first week in August and had a fabulous time. Andy was very friendly and helpful as were all of the staff. We stayed in apartment A2 which was big enough, well equipped and very clean. This is the second time we have stayed in Lindos and the location of Xenones is brilliant, very central but away from the noise. We will be returning to Lindos next year to get married as I proposed to my partner in ceasar's restaurant and she said yes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian C
XenonesLindos, Owner at Xenones Lindos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Guests,

We are excited to learn that you have decided to move forward with your common life, while being on holidays in Lindos! It will be a great honor for us, to be able and take part in this unique and special moment of your life next year.

Thanks so much for coming this summer and for sharing in public your satisfaction and enthusiasm. We look forward to seeing you back soon!