“Stylish dining with a distinctive local flavour”
Review of Amfithea - CLOSED

Amfithea
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I couldn't work out from the other reviews what sort of restaurant this was. It was on my list to try because it was highly rated, but the menu outside wasn't tremendously appealing. Somehow ended up in the next door Mythos instead after visiting an actual working cashpoint and hearing nice jazz coming from the garden. But after waiting for ten minutes to be given a menu, and seeing what other diners were being given to eat (it all looked a bit cheap and cheerful) we scarpered, and decided to give Amfithea a try after all. I am so glad we did. The interior is stylish, with elegant tables with simple white linen. A lot of the food is local. Fish is fresh. I started with a salad comprising lovely fresh crisp leaves, halloumi, apple, raisins, pine nuts and a fabulous dressing. The waiter recommended local shrimp for my main course, which would have been lovely, I'm sure, but I had sea bass instead, which was served with aubergine, courgette and carrot, a small portion of rice (despite what one reviewer said, these are not 'huge' portions, but just normal) and oregano freshly picked from the waiter's garden. I did, however, go with the waiter's recommendation for pudding, and I am so glad I did. Traditional homemade orange pie with ice cream. Basically like a Greek marmalade cake. Beautiful. And when I said so he described how it was made and even offered to write down the recipe for me.

Three course meal for two without wine came to 70 Euro. Take cash, or phone ahead to see if they will take cards. At the moment they are quite new, and, like so many other places, affected by the crisis. Places like this need our support. They are making delicious, distinctive food.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Me and my husband went here and it took 25 mins for the waiter to give us the menu we then ordered some water and our starters plus main another 30 mins later no food and when asked when food would be served he replied its just being started!! We over heard other ppl complaining how long it had been for food plus we observed their order being brought out at 15-20 min intervals so some had finished before others have started! We proceeded to walk out just paying for the water where the waiter said "it wasn't fast food" I know it isn't buy we have been coming to lindos for a few years now and never had to wait as long as that it was unorganised as only one waiter we will not be returning.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have just eaten at this gorgeous restaurant.
The staff made us feel so very welcome
We were seated on the terrace/balcony which has only room for one table, so we had no idea of other people in the restaurant and it was only when we were leaving that we realised that there is a big outdoor space too.
We had greek salad and bread for starters, really lovely - big portion enough for two to share.
I had stuffed chicken and my partner had chicken souvlaki.
Homemade chips accompanied his meal and mine came with vegetables and rice - again big portions.
Same price as other restaurants, but the staff really cared about the way the food was presented, and to ensure that the customer has a great experience.
Definitely recommend and will return.

1  Thank teany
Reviewed 26 August 2013

we visited the restaurant Amfithea in Lindos and we enjoyed the real good food! we took meal and was delicious! the service was so kind and prompt! the decoration of restarant is especial which gives a warm atmosphere.

1  Thank MERISA L
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This restaurant my proposed my cousin!

and I finally left the best impression and a perfect taste I've ever seen! my kids loved it as it was a very beautiful place for my family! The island was gorgeous but this restaurant was unique!

Friends of greek-tourism.com