“Ticked a lot of boxes”

AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in pool suite with sea view in June. Room great and private pool now a must have for future holidays, although so sheltered my husband preferred to lie at the beach which had bit of a breeze. Hotel was beautiful and felt very good value for money. Loved our first experience of adult only hotel... So peaceful and no children disturbing early morning peace, which as a light sleeper, I loved. Lindos is gorgeous .. We took taxi in on a few occasions but chatted to another guest who said it was pleasant walk.

While we loved the overall holiday so much we are going back next month, do not really feel it was true five star experience.... Breakfast buffet was lovely, but dinners nothing special. We are only going b and b on the next trip because so many great choices in Lindos. There was a daily charge for the gym which was pretty basic, so I only went once as too tight to pay! Wedding was held one night and the live music shattered the peace, which was a pity, but hotel would be stunning wedding venue!

All in all, very happy ... Have been to better five star resorts but they have been in more remote locations, the proximity of the beautiful resort of lindos elevated the experience into a really special holiday and we cannot wait to go back and escape Scottish rain!

Room Tip: If you are booking pool suite best to go for sea view so not overlooking pool. Sea view rooms totall...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gill_Dundee_Scotland

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This place is in a great location, just outside the city of Lindos. You will have to take a taxi any time you want to leave the property (about 7 Euro one way to Lindos), but the location on the Aegean is great. The hotel seems to blend in to the mountains behind it! The room we had was standard, very clean. We had a private pool suite and I am glad we did. There are three pools on the property but I am glad we had our own. The beach is beautiful, as is the water. It is a rocky beach, but that wouldn't stop anyone from going into the water. The beach umbrellas, however, are lame. They are way too small so you have to constantly move your chair. Also, there appeared to be cocktail service out on the beach, but for the 3 hours we were out there, a server came out twice but never came to our side of the beach.

I should say that a highlight for us was the concierge. He is the most passionate concierge I ever met! A true asset to that hotel.

Overall, I did not think this hotel was spectacular. There were no stand-out features but of all the places we researched for this trip, this was definitely the best we could find! I would recommend this hotel, but don't expect anything new and truly outstanding or different.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LT1175
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Transfer from the airport in Rhodes took about 45Min. but we got a chance to see the landscape on the way. When we arrived we were served a glas of champain (or orange juice). We were taken to our room per golf cart (very fancy). Very friendly, very big, very clean. The resort is a bit away from the town Lindos which makes it hard to reach. No problem with the taxi or bus though. Temperature was very hot during our stay. I woudn'd book during the middle of summer again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank flindstroem
Reviewed 9 August 2012

It went downhill right from the start. We arrived at 1.30pm, later than we had told the hotel, but were still made to wait an hour for our room. Then we had Panos who showed us to our room who completely went over the top in explaining all the intricacies of the room. How to turn the television on, how to open the mini-bar!!! All we wanted to do was shower and go to the beach. His job title was 'Butler', heaven knows why.

Then there was the saga of the beach towels. Only the chambermaid could give you a new set which you had to leave in the bathroom. It begs the question as to what were we meant to do in the meantime in the morning when we were heading to the beach without any beach towels? We ended pinching them from their trollies during the day just to make sure we had a clean set at least.

Also the staff were more than hit and miss. More like miss. There were only two exceptions of friendly and helpful staff, the rest were plain awful especially the manageress at the beach restaurant who was plain rude and obnoxious.

The hotel itself is nice, excellent artwork within the lobby, lovely views, nice beach and great for sea swimming. However, our experience was extremely disappointing for the price we were paying. We stayed also at the Lindos Blu hotel which was ten times better. Ok, a bit more expensive, but staff were a 100% friendlier and helpful. If you want to stay in Lindos avoid the Aquagrand and stay at the Lindos Blu.

10  Thank Ed A
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The Aquagrand is very close to perfection for a lazy and relaxed holiday at the beach; the hotel is stunning, one can see architects, artists worked together at it and didn't leave any detail to hazard, service is great, we felt very pampered and comfortable, food is perfect, plenty of choice and variety in menu (except maybe for breakfast, a bit monotonous, but one can't really complain, there is everything needed there), Lindos town is very close and easy to visit either by rented car or taxi (and by foot, of course, if you don't mind the heat), but frankly we felt so great at the Aquagrand that we didn't wish to go away too often. I really hope we will visit again sometime...

Room Tip: Myself I wouldn't care for a room with private pool, since I love swimming in something more spa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ioana C
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We too have just returned from the Aquagrand hotel and experienced the same problems as the review below. Such a shame as it is a really lovely hotel but the staff are just too hit or miss. For example I wanted to change the beach towel - it toko FOUR phone calls to sort this out and I was told on one call to 'go and find the maid myself' to get them changed! - hardly Five Star service in my opinion! Also this Panos who is the manager - he didn't even ask how WE were getting on - he either sucks up to you or not (and we were in the not section). Also be very aware that this place IS in the middle of nowhere so there is nothing to walk to of an evening - very isolated!

I used the spa and SANDRA was lovely (BUT) the spa bath was really dirty with a tide mark around it and looked as though it had not been cleaned for a while - so very off-putting.

We had one of the rooms with our own pool which was lovely but ours overlooked to main pool so everyone could see us lounging in ours - ask for a sea view one if you want a bit of seclusion!

The food was very decent but hardly outstanding, the waiters were annoying after a day or two as they took your plates away while you were still eating and if you wanted another cup of coffee you often had to ask twice or not be served at all.

On the whole a lovely place BUT I won't be booking again - more a good four star for me - five star really is 'nothing too much troubl'e and here this just didn't happen.

Room Tip: Pool rooms - get one with a sea view - the pool view is too overlooked!
3  Thank BillyNellie
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Fabulous adults only hotel. From the minute you arrive by private transfer to the minute you leave you are surrounded by wonderful views from amazing rooms and fabulous staff who are so courteous and friendly. I completely echo all former reviews of this paradise.

From Panos the butler who greets you on arrival to all the staff in the restaurants/bars who are so kind. Manoli, Christos and Elena in the main restaurant made our holiday, and not forgetting Andra who walked up and down a scorching beach all day making sure you had a cool drink to hand. We moved to the beach from the main pool as there was no service there, strange!

Food was excellent and the breakfast chef "burned " my bacon crispy for me every morning, just how I like it. Dinner was also excellent however I do have one major bug, I have dined in many places and always as you sit to dinner a jug of iced water is placed on your table, in the Aquagrand however water with your dinner will cost 3 euro's and there is not an ice cube in sight! very dissapointing!

Others have mentioned the expensive drinks, I have to agree, some will say 5* you expect it but I disagree with that, if they made the prices more realistic and in line with other bars in the area then surely the business would improve and they might fill the Zen bar in the evenings, the place was virtually empty every night of the 14 we spent there. We watched from our balcony each evening as we sipped our wine bought from the supermarket in Lindos!! So wisen up Aquagrand and improve your guests enjoyment of the facilities.

We saw entertainment twice, a guitarist who was really good and a dance group, the advertised acts did not appear the other nights, I can only presume this was because there was no one in the bar. however I personally am not fussed with entertainment since I left the kids at home a few years ago now, so it was nice and quiet!

Went to the beach bar one evening and it was the same, no one there, people must either go to bed early, drink on the balcony or go into town, they most certainly do not frequent the bars in the hotel.

We did the Boat trip round the Island and it was fabulous, we then went to Rhodes for the day and that was amazing, the Old Town is stunning, well worth the 16 euros each! Coaches pick you up from the sign at the top of the road. Book in Lindos.

All in all a very pleasant stay, excellent room, was envious of the rooms with the private pools as it was soooo hot, had a private pool at our last holiday in Egypt but we didn't use it so didn't bother this time.....BIG mistake would definately opt for it in Rhodes in July.

Would I return, probably not, not because the hotel did anything drastically wrong but the bar prices coupled with the fact it was a taxi ride to the neigbouring towns and no water with my dinner did niggle. If you had the minimum of a bottle at night and 3 through the day for 14 days you were spending 168 euros on water alone in the hotel which would cost a fraction of that in town. the wee shop on site did sell it for one euro but it was not chilled and took 2 days to chill in the room fridge.

all in all, gorgeous, well presented and very very comfortable accommodation with first class service, enjoy!

Room Tip: in July book a room with a pool, you WILL use it!
3  Thank fio5na
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Lindos Mare Hotel
Lindos Mare Hotel
#4 of 30 in Lindos

Been to AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort? Share your experiences!