“WOW”

AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We spent a weeks holiday in the middle of august here what a beautiful place.. We were quite worried at the reviews after we booked it but it did not dissapoint..From the moment we arrived to the second we left it was pure Luxury. The food was good and there was a good choice even for my fuss partner we did eat in lindos a few nights even though we were half bord as it was cheep and beautiful on the roof tops. Our room had the ultimate WOW factor just what we needed we booked our own pool and sea view and it was just like we ever wanted the room was clean and what ever we wanted they could get.. The walk to Lindos wasnt bad at all if you stick to the pavements its fine (we did it one windy night otherwise it woul be too hot). Would defo consider going back the luxury and sophistication is well worth paying more for...

2  Thank Zona K

Reviewed 16 September 2012

The time spent at The Aquagrand Hotel Rhodes was very special. It is a place that is focused on relaxation and a quiet, and calm atmosphere. Our room was a deluxe ocean front room. Perfect. No need for the private pool rooms, because the beach front is very pleasant.

The beach area is superb. Plenty of sunbeds free of charge and cabanas available for daily rental.

The sea water was crystal clear and warm enough for me to swim in.

Advice;hire a car as is makes it easier to get to the town of Lindos. Parking is easy. Also, it is nice to take a drive up to Rhode Town and explore the many beaches a long the way.

Room Tip: Ocean view room.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The Aquagrand is a beautiful hotel, if you are staying here you will not be disappointed! It's he of the best I've ever stayed at.

On our arrival we were greeted by Panos who was so welcoming. He showed us to our room and provided some useful information about the hotel. We were upgraded to a room with a shared pool which was an unexpected surprise! The views from the hotel are fantastic, all rooms have sea views.
The rooms are well equipped, robes slippers and beach towels all provided (would be useful if they could be changed around the pool. House keeping change these when they clean your room but generally you are using the towels when they visit.)

We were b&b as we like to eat out on an evening, but he food we I'd have at the hotel was excellent and very reasonable. Breakfasts are excellent with everything you could want. The omelettes and waffles are particularly good! The restaurants by the pool and beach do excellent lunch menus and the staff are lovely.

There are two large swimming pools, no- one reserves the beds in the mornings and there are also loungers on the pebbled beach. a waitress service is provided on the beach. it's an adults only hotel so pool areas are nice and quiet and relaxing!

Despite what some of the reviews say, you can walk to lindos. We walked every night and got a taxi back. There is a street lit footpath along the main road. It took us half an hour to walk in. It's well worth a visit! Lindos is so pretty with beautiful restaurants and lovely bars. We liked odyessia and dionysis and Yannis bar in particular. A taxi is 6 euros and they are plenty of them.

The weather in late August was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky all week!

Only one small negative, the gym was fairly basic but cost 5 euros to use. I thought this really should have been included with the cost of your stay.

Overall though We loved lindos and the aquagrand, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The 200s are in the main block. If you want to be further from the bar reception etc request a highe...
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have just spent 6 nights at the Aquagrand. We cut it short by one night & moved to Rhodes town for a couple of nights to relieve the boredom, before spending what is at present our last 6 nights in Ixia at Villamare, which is fabulous , see separate review, when I get chance.
To start with, our room was a "pool sharing room", which basically was on either side of the main building, about 7 rooms shared a pool. It was enclosed, and surrounded by buildings, so no air whatsoever and our view was the back of a building.
When I enquired about moving rooms, a very rude and sharp, receptionist, namely Nicole, told me I had " requested " this room and they were full. End of! When I explained that I had never been to the hotel before, so had no ides that I would be spending the week facing the back of a building, she repeated, several times, "but you chose it ". I gave up, couldn't be bothered and spent our time around the other pools, so not a lot of point having a sharing pool, which by the way, no one else used. Wonder why.
The hotel itself is quiet beyond belief, no holiday feeling, rubbish entertainment, Very pricey drinks, so no wonder everyone escapes to Lindos at night!
Panos the butler. What can I say? Lovely man, pounces on you at every opportunity . I used to avoid the lobby area, I think he actually has his bed under his desk so that you cannot escape! Whatever happened to the inconspicuous concierge? In fairness, he does a good job if you need anything, and is quite charming.
This hotel is out of the way, no way would you want to walk that road in to Lindos at night, but they are quite happy to rip you off if you stay in.
I must mention the lovely Nicole again. She was on reception when we checked out. "Most people want to stay longer, I am amazed that you are checking out early" she tells me.
I was so fed up, I just wanted to leave! Please do not consider this hotel, it is in no way Grand!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellygirl1984
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This year we brought our two daughters along and stayed in a private pool suite with sea view ( the girls stayed in a sea view suite without the pool ) the amenities , service and quality of everything from the breakfast to the rooms where excellent for this type of holiday and the price we paid .
The addition of a butler service was also a welcome addition , Pathos (that's the Butler !) was great and organised everything we requested with great professionalism and a big smile.

We will definitely be back and both Daughters are already speaking to their respective boy friends about it.

If you enjoy the freedom and sophistication a luxury resort can give you and don't mind spending a bit more (ok a lot more ) then every penny is worth it

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2012

After not having a proper holiday for 3 years I booked the Aquagrand for my wife's 40th birthday, our first holiday without the children for over 10 years. I looked through all the reviews before booking as I was looking for somewhere a bit quieter than the normal hotels in Rhodes, and quiet is what you get! I will first of all list explain what I thought was poor - We arrived on the 13th of August this year and as soon as we got into the room I noticed the a/c was not working, I telephoned reception and they sent a repair man. To cut a long story short it was 3 days before the a/c was fixed and there seemed to be no rush at all although it was very hot and unpleasant in the room. We dined in the hotel resteraunt on the 1st night and after being surrounded by cats and paying close to 100 euros for the meal(including drinks) we ate in Lindos every night after, the decision to go breakfast only was a smart one as full board is certainly not worth the money. The Zen bar although decorated to a very high standard and run by a lovely Greek lady(cant remeber her name) it is lifeless and very few people go to it. There are lots of comments about prices of drinks but we found them to be reasonable, maybe this has been addressed this year. The hotel itself is very nice and it seems as though you are almost alone although all the rooms were full, the pool area and bar close to the beach is excellent and very relaxing. The hotel is close to Lindos but we found that hiring a car was a must, as walking to Lindos was not an option. All in all we had a nice time but I would not return to this hotel, not that there was anything bad but it just lacked any holiday atmosphere(i guess being an adult only hotel this is maybe the idea) would I recommend this hotel? yes but the problem is I dont know who I would recommend it to!

Room Tip: In my opinion the rooms with 'private' pools are not private at all and they do not have poo...
3  Thank davidbosty
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I love modern resorts with a view, and the Aquagrand has both. The rooms are clean and spacious, with just enough blend of the Greek/sea feel in the blues and woods, without compromising on modern amenities. We stayed in a sea view room - highly recommended because the property is situated in a gorgeous location. The balcony was HUGE - I would lay on the couch outside and read while watching the sunrise.

The pool is gorgeous as well, we had a great time just relaxing and swimming there. The beach is rocky, so if you want to go there you should wear shoes. We didn't really use it because there were other beaches we wanted to see. The pool wasn't crowded, probably because there were so many suites with private pools. I personally was glad not to have gotten one because I preferred the second floor view.

I would highly recommend renting a car in Rhodes because the island is so big and there's so much to see. It was easy to park our car every day at the hotel, and it was a 5-10 min drive to Lindos. And if you're arriving by airplane, it's cheaper to rent a car (even with the exorbitant price of gas) than to get to this hotel by taxi, because it's an hour away. I personally liked the fact that it was quiet and not in the midst of crazy noise and partying - it was close enough to Lindos that you could experience the nightlife, but come home to relax or sleep.

Panos was really nice about corresponding before our trip and answering all of my questions about the island. I really appreciated his service.

Our only complaints:

-our bathroom doorknob handle fell off and though we asked them to fix it, no one did in our 3 days there.

-they delivered some sandwiches to our room one night, which was a nice touch - but then that created an ant problem. I don't know where they came from, but another reviewer had mentioned that before so I had explicitly tried not to leave any food out.

-the service varies depending on who is at the front desk. We asked the gentleman at night for a voltage adaptor and he told us they didn't provide those (although Panos had explicity told me via email prior to the trip that they did). The next day, there was a different lady and she gave us an adaptor and it was fine.

The breakfast was good, there's a guy making omlettes that were delicious, and they had a great selection. The view was amazing.

Overall, I would come back, I really enjoyed the hotel and thought it was beautiful. My husband said he would have preferred to stay closer to Rhodes Town because we ended up doing so much driving (the island has main roads that circumvent it - but if you take a wrong turn and end up driving across it, you may find yourself going on windy hills and feeling very nervous going through the mountains).

Room Tip: Get a sea view room on the second floor - this will also be more private/quiet if you don't like...
1  Thank ChristinaP588
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Lindos Mare Hotel
Lindos Mare Hotel
#4 of 30 in Lindos

Been to AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort? Share your experiences!