My wife and I stayed here for two weeks end of June/July. The hotel is clean and very nicely set out however the gardens could do with a little more upkeep. It wasn't till our last day that the grass was cut. We had a lovely room witha magnificent view over the sea however I wasn't too keen on the fact that our glass fronted balcony looked straight over rooms with private pool and the large gentleman next door who delighted in naked swims. I ceratinly wouldn't want to pay extra for a private pool to be stared at by someone sat on the balcony above. That said however, the pool areas and decking are great, we used the smaller pool everyday by the beach which was very quiet and the staff at the beach bar, Captain George and his wife (good luck with the pregnancy in that heat!!) Thethspina, (Canadian/Greek) and the beach girl Spohia were fantastic and very helpful. We always shared a lunch as portions cab be quite large. The beach itself was also very quiet and made up of pebbles and sand so you do need beach shoes to venture into the sea as the walk out is very rocky, but once out put the mask on as there are alot of fish to watch.
The restaurant was ok, the food was edible but in some cases not always warm, we did eat out three times in nearny Lindos. The staff here can be quite slow at times in clearing plates and then on other accasions grab your plate before your partner has finished eating.
We noted a lot of comments about prices of drinks, 0.4lt of draught local beer was 4.5 euros, a large glass of local wine, 6 euros and a G and T was 7 euros. These are comparable with where we live in England, gone are the days of cheap booze on a Euro holiday, even duty free is expensive nowadays.
We used to get the bus every night from outside the hotel on the main road, 8pm prompt, 3.2 euros for both of us and 6 euro taxi ride back. Nice to have a walk round Lindos, a couple of drinks and then bed. Lindos is a 25 minute walk away and in the heat out there you are sweating ny the time you get there. There is no where to walk by the hotel.
We didn't use any facilies so can't comment on those but all in all a good time was had and we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious beach-front hotel with limitless views to the bright blue of the Aegean Sea, just 1500 meters away from the renowned traditional village of Lindos. Nestled into a cliff side, the hotel blends in magically with its Lindian surroundings and enjoys breathtaking views of the Aegean. The private-like beach, in front of the hotel, stretches to a length of 200m, and although rocky in nature, its crystal clear turquoise waters are easily accessible through wooden decks and panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquagrand Exclusive Deluxe Hotel Lindos
- AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort Lindos, Rhodes