The AquaGrand certainly didn't disappoint-it looks just as good as the photos on their website! We arrived at about 4.30am but were greeted by friendly staff. Sandwiches had been placed in the room due to late arrival which was nice. Also complimentary is a large bottle of still and 2 small sparkling waters. We had a deluxe guestroom which was spacious with a huge bed and large flatscreen tv. Nice touches included a light in the wardrobe, a digital complimentary safe and an electronic please clean my room/do not disturb system. The room was spotless and really fresh. The bathroom includes a separate bath and rainfall shower and is of a high standard- robes and slippers are provided although it was generally too hot to wear these!
I was a little disappointed that we had a rather obscured view of the sea (more like a concrete wall) but to make up for this we had a larger than average private pool to share with 4 other rooms and a large sun terrace. To be honest you can see the sea from everywhere else in the hotel so this wasn't a problem for us.
We didn't use the spa since you had to pay an additional 50 euros. It included an outside pool with jets and an indoor jacuzzi (one of those you might buy for your back garden!). Perhaps these facilities would be nice in the winter but I don't think they are worth it in the summer!
The main pools were lovely and the decking area very nice-towels for the beach are provided daily. My boyfriend absolutely loved the private beach with all the snorkling opportunities-definitely invest in some beach shoes before you go though like we did! No problems getting a sun lounger anywhere in the hotel and none of that annoying reserving with towels you get at many hotels
Breakfast was good with a large selection. The evening meal was also nice and better than average for buffet style. The lady who greets you every evening is incredibly welcoming and you are welcomed with an aperitif which I thought was nice. We found lunch was not up to the same standard as the evening meal, however. The bar was overpriced and we only had one or two drinks. I recommend going to Lindos where the cocktails are half the price. Lindos is a 20 min walk, with lighting all of the way but unbearably hot during the day. It's an absolutely beautiful place to visit. We also took the boat to Old Rhodes Town which is so very different (medieval)!
We had a fantastic, relaxing holiday which I will never forget. Only downsides are that it would be nice if they had a concierge (another couple stole our taxi nearly making us miss our boat) and a free shuttle bus to Lindos (which I have experienced in 4 star hotels).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious beach-front hotel with limitless views to the bright blue of the Aegean Sea, just 1500 meters away from the renowned traditional village of Lindos. Nestled into a cliff side, the hotel blends in magically with its Lindian surroundings and enjoys breathtaking views of the Aegean. The private-like beach, in front of the hotel, stretches to a length of 200m, and although rocky in nature, its crystal clear turquoise waters are easily accessible through wooden decks and panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquagrand Exclusive Deluxe Hotel Lindos
- AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort Lindos, Rhodes