I can only confirm the several excellent reviews and descriptions for this hotel which have appeared on Trip Advisor. Whilst the hotel is classed 5 star, it’s important to remember this is to Greek Tourist standards, not international City standards. This is not a negative, just realistic. The gardens are well laid out and no expense spared with the mature plants lining the footpaths. The construction and fitting out of the hotel is to a high standard as you would expect.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and the management were often seen to be keeping an eye on things and talking to guests.
We travelled with Olympic Holidays, and obtained a good discount for our October late holiday. I suspect prices could jump dramatically for 2011. The hotel was near full according to the staff, but it never felt full given the space and abundant sun beds round the pools and on the beach. Our room was very comfortable and clean, with a huge comfy bed which inspired me to replace our own at home!
Beware your thirst and your wallet, the bar prices are high. e.g. €6 for a glass of poor local wine. (I bought decent bottles locally for <€4). A further negative was the fact that food served from the A La Carte menu in the restaurant was often less than warm, and I had to return a meal for lack of taste. I was not alone in this experience, but the staff were apologetic and showed genuine concern. The buffet however, was varied and faultless, and we were pleased to see that people did not abuse / waste the plentiful options. One last negative: Since September 2010, Greece has made smoking illegal in covered or semi-covered restaurant areas, and to the hotel's credit, they published a memo to inform guests which was in our room. BUT, the staff did not enforce this in the slightest and provided smoking guests with ash trays on the covered terrace.
The town of Lindos is a leisurely 25 minutes walk away, and was well worth the effort on several occasions. You must see the Acropolis. Hire a car for a few days to see Rhodes Town etc., but research costs at home first. Budget were promoted by Olympic and the hotel, but I found Hertz to be much cheaper even when adding a supplement for reducing the usual €700 excess to €70. Do your homework and make savngs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious beach-front hotel with limitless views to the bright blue of the Aegean Sea, just 1500 meters away from the renowned traditional village of Lindos. Nestled into a cliff side, the hotel blends in magically with its Lindian surroundings and enjoys breathtaking views of the Aegean. The private-like beach, in front of the hotel, stretches to a length of 200m, and although rocky in nature, its crystal clear turquoise waters are easily accessible through wooden decks and panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquagrand Exclusive Deluxe Hotel Lindos
- AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort Lindos, Rhodes