“Nice low-key meal”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is one of the first restaurants you encounter as you stroll down Donkey Hill. Nice spot and ambiance. I had chicken souvlaki and it was served with saffron rice and a beetroot salad. It was most welcome. My partner had the lamb kebab with yogurt sauce which was served with pitta and chips. This was washed down with a carafe of red wine. At the end we received a complimentary dessert. I really enjoyed my evening, it was relaxed and there were a nice pair of tabby cats - very cute. Wo

1  Thank Peeps-Bocadillo

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat in Lindos. We picked Dimitris, as they had a better menu choice. It was directly opposite the 'tree' which is like a mini-roundabout. So in a very prominent location!.

We were hot, tired and hungry and choose Dimitris has they had a the better menu. But I don't regret my choice, the food was great, the view amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic.

I did try lentil salad (don't ask me why, I was craving pulses!) and it was fanstastic. My partner did not want me to order it, but she loved it.

The Tzatziki was great too and the grilled Calamari was huge and fantastic.

The Courgette balls, where creamy, as they Feta Cheese. A bit heavy, but tasty. Good for sharing.

They had Wi-fi, which worked on and off.

The mens toilet could be improved, as I could hear pot and pans from in the kitchen....

We were told, they were open only for Lunch, as it was still low-season for them!

I would recommend this place to eat. I tried two places in Lindos, this one is better out of the two.

Getting There: From the main road near the bus stop, take the road downhill. When you get to a square, with taxi stands and a tree as a mini-roundabout. Veyr prominent location. You can't miss it!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We asked for a fresh fish and got sea bream. It was good! But octopus was awesome!! I got the next one as a dessert. Too bad they do not have fresh orange juice.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This year we visited Dimitris for lunch, snacks and dinner. Every time we go there the welcome is very warm and friendly. I tried the spicy meatballs, they were delicious. The pork fillet was the best and freshest piece of pork I have tasted.
I really love sitting there during the day and ordering different starters to try. Nothing is ever to much trouble for the staff and the atmosphere is laid back. It reminds us of a typical Greek taverna.
It must be good as we saw many Greeks eating there.
I will be returning later in the year to work my way through the menu.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The four of us ate here one evening, the place was very quiet, only one other table occupied which should of told us something!
Starters were pretty poor, we had beetroot which turned out to be 2 thick slices which fizzed on the tongue and tasted nasty – not a good sign. Along with that we had Prawn Saganaki which was only just warm, had a few small prawns and nothing close to the quantity or quality of the dish we had eaten elsewhere. For mains I opted for pork gyros, which was very poor, in fact I left the meat, we all know gyros are produced on a spit, it looked like the pork offered here was just chopped up and fried / boiled in a pan with oregano, yuk!
The salmon steak was thin and had far too many bones which could of easily been removed by the cook beforehand. We were really looking forward to a great evening meal and were very disappointed.