All reviews private beach greek night half board side sea view pool area restaurant manager cold towels wedding night glass of champagne small hotel the hotel was fully booked amazing hotel changed every day cold meats peaceful location navarone bay bottled water
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here in september 2011 but had very enjoyable stay staff very efficient ,friendly and professional beech is bit rocky need water shoes to go on beech but pool is very nice for relaxing and was on half board food very nice.
Land around is a little barren but all in all a good holiday and would recommend.

Room tip: Ask for room on upper floor with sea veiw
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is a bit of a waffly review - but I feel it is important to get all the points across!

I returned from Lindos on 25th August 2013 and it was the most relaxing holiday I have ever been on. Myself and my fiance wanted to book a hotel that would be a little bit out of the way because we wanted it to be quiet.

The beach... was beautiful with clear waters and it pretty much is your own private beach. There were always sunbeds available, and they were lovely and comfy. The locals do tend to appear in the evening and at weekends, but they bring towels and sit away from the hotel guests. The water is warm and there are often yachts and boats that dock in the bay (which shows how lovely it is - a popular destination for scuba-divers too). The walk into the sea is a little rocky, but it seems the hotel have made a small pathway into the water which is sandy, so easy to walk into the water.

The hotel... is very very clean, the rooms are cleaned daily, along with the change of towels. There are dressing gowns, slippers and free shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, soaps, showercap, sewing kit etc. Just little essentials, but the shampoo etc was topped up if you used it throughout your stay.

When we arrived, we got there at around 1.30am and the reception staff brought us a bottle of wine, a plate of fruit and a plate of breads, cheese, ham etc, which was complementary and a nice touch.

We had booked the bed and breakfast option, which is definitely worth it because it it served from 7-10.30am and we tended to eat later so that we wouldn't need lunch! The choice of food is amazing. From toast to fruit, to cereal to full english, to cakes and jellies! They make pancakes and fried eggs as you want them. There was croissants, chocolate muffins, dried fruit, iced-tea, orange juice... it literally is endless! I could write the whole review on the breakfast! (worth it anyway - so I would recommend booking B&B!)

The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful, there is free wi-fi in the reception - and the reception is large with aircon, sofas and comfy chairs for you to relax in and use the internet if need be.

The pool is lovely, large, has a bridge and a little jacuzzi corner. It also has a children's pool with a little umbrella fountain which goes on and off every 30 minutes or so (the sound is quite relaxing!) There were a few families whilst we were there, but its expected that children are also there to enjoy themselves and have fun too.

We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but we did have one lunch at the tavern near the pool and the food was a little pricey (9euros for a chicken sandwich and chips) but it was a large plate and it was yummy.

Some good little pointers:

The hotel will ring a taxi for you whenever you wish.
The sunbed/beach/pool towels are free to use and can be swapped daily, you just exchange a card that the hotel give to you. (so you don't need to pack a bulky towel!)
Take a hair dryer if you have long or thick hair and are used to using a high powered hair dryer (the one in the room is really slow and not very powerful - luckily it was so warm I could let my hair dry on the balcony!)
The shower was lovely and powerful.
The beds comfy.
Aircon is great, free and can be altered to whatever temperature you require.
There is a safe in the wardrobe.
Coat hangers in the wardrobe.
There is a mini bar in the room, though quite expensive (this is checked daily - instead of the mini bar there is a shop on site where you can purchase suncream, water, bottles, cans, olives - all sorts and a large bottle of water is 2euros, a large bottle of fanta lemon is 3euros - so it is best to use the shop!!)
Balcony is a good size - there are views to the sea from every room, but you do have to look out and down to the sea - our room was a side view, still a lovely view, but a couple do face directly onto the pool and out to sea).
Walk-in spa (appointments had to be made in advance & they bring in a therapist).
The gym has two bikes, one rowing machine and some weights.
TV in room only had one/two english channels which were news! We didn't watch TV - I just thought I would pass on the information!

One of the main pointers, which isn't a negative for the hotel but I think it needs to be expressed. I have read reviews that say the walk to Lindos is only 15-25 minutes walk. I am 27, my fiance 29 and we found the walk to be longer. We walked into Lindos once at around 7.30pm and it took us around 40 minutes, it is up hill most of the way until you get to the top of Lindos (then it's down). But it is a bit of a trek. There is a path along the road side and the views are lovely but be warned that it is not a quick walk and it is obviously quite warm. Walking back when it was cooler and down hill probably took about 30-35 minutes. Most evenings we booked a taxi which ranges from 8euros - 6euros and because the taxis drivers whizz about - it takes about 3 minutes in a taxi - so a great spot being far enough away to relax but close enough to visit the beautiful town!

Final last little bad point - there is quite often a wiff of gone-pff eggs! I know this is a standard smell abroad, but it does linger at times and there are some drains around the pool so try to avoid sitting by them!!

I would recommend visiting St Paul's Bay - there is a tiny but beautiful little restaurant that is on the beach. You do have to book it a day or two in advance, but for the views and being able to sit on the seafront it is worth it.

All in all - an excellent, relaxing holiday to a location and hotel that we would recommend to anyone. Lindos is beautiful and the hotel clean, fresh, cool and relaxing.

I hope this has helped! Enjoy your holiday!

Room tip: We had room 309 - which although was very clean - it had a drain right outside the balcony and often wiffed a bit!! But other than that I can't comment on any other rooms, size and cleanliness wise, I assume they are all superb so go for any!!
1  Thank CB786
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for a week in the summer and although it was unbelievably hot at times, the whole experience was wonderful! The lack of a walk-in spa (appointments had to be made in advance & they bring in a therapist) or operational gym is the only reason I didn't give it the full 5/5 but apart from that, it was a gorgeous place to relax for a week. Lovely food (particularly the lunches!) and a beautiful stretch of beach just steps from the pool. Lindos town (which is a short taxi ride away) is worth a visit too with its cobbled, winding lanes filled with shops and lovely places to eat and drink. Not to mention the historical acropolis which we're saving for next time! A lovely week made all the more fabulous by having great friends with us!

1  Thank JeccaRae
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My partner and I spent 5 days at this hotel. The hotel is very nice the staff is very friendly.
The following points that let the hotel down in my view are as follows.

Lunch and Dinner time's was not the best, Lunch time menu very poorly put together and Dinner time food had little or no taste. We had to pay for win and no coffee or tea was offered at the end of meals. We eat out in Lindos town on three occasions, they have lovely restaurant.
The other complaint we had was the TV in room .no English or sport channels, so again we had to go into Lindos town to watch foot ball. The evening entertainment was little or nothing, so again we had to pay taxi to take us into Lindos Town, each time EC8 there and back.

1  Thank Paula21_13
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Lindos Memories at the beginning of August chilling out. The hotel is spotlessly clean everywhere - the pool area being swept and mopped first thing every morning and the sunbeds wiped too, which I have never before seen. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and hard-working. The food was excellent and I am happy to say was not all buffet food the whole time, which does get very samey. Instead there were daily menus to choose from with a soup, followed by buffet starters, a main dish and dessert. Our only criticism at the evening meal was that you had to pay for bottled water and there was no coffee included after the meal. There was also no tea making facility within the room, which today is most unusual. Breakfast buffet excellent and drinks included. The beach is very pleasant and, contrary to other reviews, it is perfectly fine to go in the sea without shoes! You just have to pick your path sensibly. I have never been in such perfectly clear warm sea (even having been to the Seychelles). I don't think there would be any chance of drowning as buoyancy is great. You can swim out far to a different depth of amazing blue water and snorkelling is fun. Make sure you are back on your sunbed for 3.30pm each day, when frozen flannels are brought round - a nice touch and very welcome to cool down a bit.

The walk to Lindos is very do-able and it is a charming typically greek town. Pefkos in the other direction in our opinion is not worth the bus fare - unless you particularly want water sports. We would definitely return to this hotel purely for the total relaxation but until we do please can someone feed the mother cat and her three pretty kittens for me! There are loads of cats there who all look like they need a square meal and I'm afraid that being cat lovers, we succumbed to buying cat food in Lindos for them.

1  Thank Jill D