“Sandra D”

Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were in Lindos second week in June 14 for our sons wedding.We stayed at the memories hotel and had an absolute ball.We chose the memories because the rest of the wedding guests were staying else where and we wanted the rest of our holiday to be our own.We couldnt fault the hotel in any way.The staff were excellent and very friendly especially Chrissa at the taverna she was a gem.The hotel was very clean and it had all the facilities we needed.We never had a problem getting sun loungers as they had more than enough for the guests.The pool and views were stunning.The food was great with very good buffet breakfast and eggs cooked as requested(a must for my husband).Greek night thursday fell on my 40th birthday so was serenaded by the band and received birthday cake and bottle of champagne although the rather lovely waiter did try to give my cake to the young ladies sitting at the table behind us(hilarious).Only tiny wee complaint was the tv they put in the bar to watch the world cup on had terrible picture but we were able to to watch it in the room with a perfect picture.Would go go again in a heart beat we had such a lovely time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sandra McHale D

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Could not believe our luck when we arrived at this hotel. It is perfectly situated with the most beautiful bay and clear waters just a stone's throw away. You literally walk through the middle of the hotel - which is immaculate by the way - and before you, there is a beautiful dining terrace, the tranquil pool area (always spotless) and the dazzling aegean sea. I am an extremely picky person with very high expectations, but this hotel certainly ticks every box if you are looking for a nice, relaxing break with amazing food and service. The room was also lovely, with a balcony with sea view, looking out to the surrounding mountains. And seriously clean - that goes for the whole place. Definitely worth going half board - there is so much choice at breakfast, you never get bored. I loved having the pancakes made for me every day! And dinner is incredible - not the normal buffet service that you would expect but more of an a la carte experience with excellent table service that does not disappoint. The hotel also puts on a Greek night once a week, which is thoroughly enjoyable. The main town of Lindos is only a 6 Euro taxi journey away and has quaint, cobbled streets with plenty of character, bars, restaurants, but just too many people for my liking. I much preferred relaxing in the hotel in the evenings and enjoying the live music. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel, I cannot fault anything. Unfortunately, during the last few days of our stay a large group of guests arrived with what seemed like a million children with nannies who were extremely rude and took over the whole hotel. However, it feels unfair to place any blame on the hotel or staff for this, as many reviews state before - the staff are lovely and provide an exceptional service. I would say that, normally, the Lindos Memories hotel is a very tranquil place mainly aimed at couples/adults. We were just unfortunate that all these kids turned up (I don't mind kinds, but the parents were extremely obnoxious and allowed them to run riot). Would highly recommend and hope to visit again :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at a suite at Lindos Memories for 2 weeks end June, start of July and could not fault it. The staff were friendly, the views were breathtaking and the facilities immaculate. The hotel is situated in Navarone Bay and is reknowned for having the bluest sea on the island. The sea was like the Carribean. Some days we spent on the beach, which was clean and only a few metres from the stairs leading back up to the pool. Some days we spent by the pool. We have chasten aged 8 and 10 so it was ideal that the beach and pool we adjoining. During the day staff came round and distributed iced towels and the waiter service was great. Everything was really clean. We got married on Lindos whilst on holiday and the night of our wedding staff had left a bottle of champagne in our room and decorated it with rose petals, towel swans and white silk. It really was lovely. The food was faultless. Extensive buffet for breakfast, outdoor Greek night on a Thursday (not to be missed), Italian night on a Sunday and buffet/menu for the rest of the time. The suite was really spacious, with 2 floors and 2 bathrooms. The only fault I could find would be that we stayed on a half board basis and had been advised prior to arrival that we could swap dinner for lunch if we were going out. We liked this as had 35 family and friends staying in various hotels so wanted to meet up and go out for meals etc. however we found out after we had done this twice that you could only do it twice for the entirety of the stay. Didn't really make sense to me as dinner was 4 courses and lunch only one!! Apart from that the place is faultless and I would definitely recommend and would stay in a mitsis hotel again without hesitation

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in June 2014 for a week. The second we arrived our cases were taken for us and we were met with a cold glass of bubbly and a warm smile. We were given a spotless room with a beautiful view overlooking the pool and sea . We were impressed with the cleanliness of the whole hotel and even more so by the wonderful polite, personable and genuinely sincere staff throughout the whole of our stay.

I unexpectedly suffered a problem with my back and had to spend most of holiday in the room and call medical help. This was a real worry for me being in a different country. Realising this, various staff from reception to waiters and mini bar attendants were constantly asking my husband if they could help in any way. Even the Dr from the medical call out rang 3 days running to see if I had improved. If only the NHS put in this effort I may not be suffering still now... I was really impressed with the kindness and care that was shown by everyone at this hotel . It was truely remarkable how genuine and sincere everyone was. I have to also mention the management who were always visible and very personable and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for these people and each and every one of them take pride in their hotel and want everyone to have a holiday to remember.

The breakfast buffets had everything you could wish for and more. The evening meals were all fantastic, as was the food at the pool bar. On many occassions we were allowed to swap the evening meal for a voucher to use at the pool restaurant as I could not sit for dinner. In additon to this, staff were actually volunteering to provide additional room service to help us as I was stuck in the room and having to eat in there. The maid was also so lovely. Bringing me a mountain of pillows and extra blankets to try and make me comfortable.

I managed to surface for the final couple of days and enjoyed the relation of the comfortable loungers at the pool area which was spotlessly cleaned every day. There was a lot of effort put in by the team for the Greek night which was a beautiful setting by the pool/beach and the food was wonderful.

I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel when I am mobile again I am determined to get back to have my holiday there eventually!

This is the perfect hotel in Lindos if you want to chill out and recharge and I would to hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: pool and sea view rooms beautiful but nearer bar area so noisier if you go to bed early
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have been visiting this hotel for over 10 years and it gets better with age. The staff are loyal which means we get to see the same friendly team each year. They go above and beyond to cater for our needs especially dietary requirements (gluten free) and are just genuinely lovely people and a huge credit to the hotel. We have busy lives yet manage to unwind as soon as we step through the door as don't need to think about anything. The sun beds have thick comfy cushions , the beach is perfect for small children. Both out 16 year old and 3yr old love it here. Lindos in only a 5 euro taxi away if you want to venture out but its hard to peel yourself away. We won't hesitate to rebook for next year and never tire of this beautiful hotel and location.

Room Tip: There are only a limited number of rooms that 'front' the sea. The majority are side sea vie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at Memories Hotel in June 2014. Brilliant location fabulous food. The staff are so eager to make sure your stay goes without a problem. The whole place is spotless . Although a little way out of Lindos taxis very cheap to Lindos Town 8 Euros in to town 6 back even 3am in the morning which I thought was an excellent price. Also air con , room safe and comfy beach beds all free was a great saving. Only couple of downside on week 2 of my holiday the hotel had overbooked and people were moved to another hotel they did have a months warning and could have cancelled but this would not have suited me. Also since I last visited this beach 10 years ago the walk into the sea has changed. Back 10 years ago there was a higher sand level and there was a sandy path the whole way in. Now you have to walk over about 6 feet of rocky area to get to sandy path, quite easy but not so enjoyable as before. BUT even with the 2 problems I had a fabulous holiday in a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited Lindos Memories in October 2013 and were so impressed with the Hotel, Service, Staff and surrounding area we vowed to return for 2 weeks this year. Having just returned again we can only say that the Service is something that makes this Hotel. Fantastic staff who believe it or not welcomed us back and truly remembered who were were which I thought was amazing. Food is fabulous, Greek Night is good and the entertainment is ok. Cleanliness at the hotel is excellent they are always washing down the pool area, cleaning sun beds etc. I even emailed the hotel 4 weeks before our departure to ask if it was possible for us to have the same room as last year, as it had a lovely view, sunshine in the afternoon and was quiet. They emailed me back to say they would try to accommodate. When we arrivived at 3 am on the Sunday we were greeted and shown to our room - same as last year :) . Not far if you want to get a taxi into Lindos after dinner 5 euro or 8 euro dependent on taxi driver. We hired a car for 3 days which was great to get out and see the Island. Cost with Avis was 200 euro for 3 days which we thought was reasonable as we had a Suzuki jeep and with the high temperatures experienced were very glad. Found beautiful beaches, Prasanisi a must just beautiful. As for the comment on the beach I can only say that we witnessed on the Private beach daily cleaning, picking up of any rubbish etc and always so clean. If of course you wish to walk further up the public beach which we believe is not part of Lindos Memories then yes it does have plastic bottles on it, but these are not on the private part of the beach. One of the nice touches on the beach when temperatures were 40 c freezing cold hand towels were handed out to combat heat at the beach, another nice touch. Water and chocolates delivered almost nightly to our room by the porter another lovely touch. All staff are so friendly and the bar waitress Kristina in the bar believe it or not remembered our drinks when she saw us. Panajiotis in the restaurant came running up shook our hands and said you were here last year. Always a great table waiting for us each evening and nothing too much trouble. If only all organisations were this service orientated . The Manager at this hotel is always doing his rounds to check everything is in order and he is so very lucky to have the Staff he has as they are wonderful. We were lucky enough to see a wedding which looked fabulous and what a great setting for it. Seriously of all the hotels we saw I would not have wanted to stay at any of them Lindos Memories for us is one of the very Best Hotels there is. Thank you Lindos Memories

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sillybillypenguin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
#4 of 30 in Lindos
Atrium Platinum Hotel
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!