I have never been bothered enough to write a review on a hotel before but this place exceeded expectations so much I felt that the staff and owners deserve one.
From the moment my wife and I arrived at this hotel we were made welcome. Having arrived by taxi (50 mins from airport - 65 euros) at 2 pm local time, in the 45 c heat, we were handed a glass of champagne each (most welcome) and checked in quickly and easily and shown to our room.
The rooms are not overly large but have everything you could possibly ask for. Air con, bath, dressing gowns, slippers, TV, minibar, sea view balcony, safe, large cupboards, and much more.
We chucked our bags in, and walked into town in the blistering heat which took us around 25 minutes. Although the cabs were cheap to town (6 - 8 Euros) we enjoyed this walk so much, that we done it daily.
After a couple of well earned drinks in town, we ventured back to he hotel for a swim. First stop was the pool which was immaculately clean and very, very warm. Next on to the beach which was mostly sandy and on a stunning location. Like the pool, the sea was very warm and also very clear and very calm. Even though it was mid afternoon and in peak season, we managed to get sunbeds at all times either by the sea or the beach.
Our first night was a Thursday night which is Greek Night. Highly recommended for the set up and the entertainment, and it also gave us our first taste of the fine food and service that is the hallmark of this hotel.
From that first day onwards, everything about the hotel was faultless. Service, staff, food, amenities, location, attention to detail, they really have it nailed.
Only thing that is negative is that as the hotel is small and intimate, if you get a crowd of idiots arrive it is hard to avoid them. Obviously this is not the fault of the hotel, and hopefully we were unlucky, but the behaviour of a small group of people when we were there made my toes curl. This one small let down though certainly didnt cause us any reason not to enjoy every minute of our stay, and we would certainly recommend this hotel to families and couples wanting a quiet get away in top class surroundings. And if you want a bit of nighltife, then Lindos town is easily accessable, lively yet non threatening, and has plenty of good bars and restaurants in an enchanting setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa, member of Mitsis Premium Collection, is a 5* atmospheric boutique hideaway by the sea; a magnificent Adult Only 5 star Luxury Boutique Hotel, located in one of the most famous bays, Navarone Bay, just 1.5Km way from the centre of Lindos village, an ideal place not only for holidays, relaxing and jaunts to the famous Knights city of Rhodes, but also for your dream wedding. It is built on the beach in the traditional Italian style with arches and different levels, with stone and marble and promises comfort, wonderful view, warm hospitality, very good food and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindos Memories Hotel Lindos
- Memories Hotel Lindos
- Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa Rhodes