Just returned from a great 1 week stay in Lindos Memories. Hotel, location, weather perfect. With a few tweaks I would have given this a 5 out of 5.
This is a good quality hotel, probably a 4 star with UK star ratings, but great for Greece. Set just outside Lindos (5 mins in a cab) it is in a quiet location, one other hotel about 50 yards up the beach, other than that just goats for neighbors! It is a small beachfront hotel (approx. 80 rooms) with a private beach, plenty of sunbeds for everyone (even if full, like it was when we were there). Lovely pool, again plenty of sunbeds, sometimes we were the only people in the pool.
There is the Lindia Taverna next to the pool, serving drinks, light lunches, snacks from 10am until 6pm. They will serve your food at your sunbed if you ask. The service from the staff at the taverna is superb, faultless, friendly. The food is cooked to order with some typical Greek fayre on the menu. It is pricier than in Lindos, but you're paying hotel prices.
We stayed in a side sea view room (although we could only see the sea if we craned our necks!) on a half board basis. The room was good, but apparently it's worth paying the extra for the maisonette rooms as they're on 2 levels and are amazing. Air con was a life saver as it got to 40 degrees while we were there. Room was cleaned spotlessly every day (sometimes twice a day). Only gripe was they asked you not to remove the stuff in the mini bar to store your own goods, which is a bit petty - so long as you take your own stuff out again and replace theirs in the morning before they check it (around 11am) then they're none the wiser.
Our only big moan is about the restaurant. The service in there is not anywhere near as good as the taverna. They should use the taverna staff to train the restaurant staff. Some days we had to ask 3 or 4 times for them to bring the drinks we ordered, and at breakfast they constantly forgot to bring us tea/coffee/orange juice (the food is all self service at breakfast, so not a problem). If you're a table of good looking females, the service is far more attentive... as a couple it was harder work! Apart from the manager, the restaurant staff were bordering on rude a lot of the time. But it became part of the entertainment for us! They spent more time clearing the empty tables than serving the diners. At breakfast, they would start clearing before service ended, and even turned off the lights on the dot of 10.30, while people were still eating.
The food wasn't particularly great, quite bland, but nicely presented. If you're on half board, you can swap to eat in the taverna twice a week to the value of €25 per couple.
Drinks were expensive (hotel prices and then some!). You can only buy wine by the bottle in the restaurant. However, if you go to the Apollo bar you can buy wine by the glass and take it into the restaurant. I wouldn't say we are heavy drinkers - we would have a drink with lunch, then a few in the evening) we spent €318.00 in the hotel on lunches and drinks in 1 week. For drinking, it is cheaper to pay between $5 and €8 for a taxi to Lindos where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. (You can also get a bus for €1.50 each way). Ceasars is a lovely bar/restaurant (near the acropolis) as is the Museum bar,
So, aside from the restaurant, this is a great little hotel. Friendly, helpful staff (particularly reception and Lindia Taverna), lovely beach and pool. We got a great deal on 118travel. Wouldn't be so happy if we'd paid over the odds/full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa, member of Mitsis Premium Collection, is a 5* atmospheric boutique hideaway by the sea; a magnificent Adult Only 5 star Luxury Boutique Hotel, located in one of the most famous bays, Navarone Bay, just 1.5Km way from the centre of Lindos village, an ideal place not only for holidays, relaxing and jaunts to the famous Knights city of Rhodes, but also for your dream wedding. It is built on the beach in the traditional Italian style with arches and different levels, with stone and marble and promises comfort, wonderful view, warm hospitality, very good food and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort Beach Hotel. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindos Memories Hotel Lindos
- Memories Hotel Lindos
- Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort Beach Hotel. Rhodes