Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort & Spa
Hotel Lindos View(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$148
  • Pool
US$257
US$210
Hotels.com
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Lindos Sun Hotel(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$184
US$173
Lindos Mare(Lindos)
US$242
US$236
Lambis Studios(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$48
Lindos White Hotel and Suites(Vlycha)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$41
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate beachgreek nightapollo barhalf boardside sea viewpool arearestaurant managercold towelssmall hotelglass of champagnewedding nighta short taxi ridebeautiful hotelfresh fruitcold meatsamazing locationbottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I always check trip advisor before booking any hotel and there are always positive and negative comments about every hotel as you would expect. One of the main points I always look at is the comments about food. In this case they all seemed fairly positive and everything else looked great so I took the plunge and booked. I have never felt the need to write a review before and travel quite frequently but wanted to in this case not to criticise but to share my disappointment.
The hotel is very well layed out, spacious and overlooks a lovely beach. There is plenty of room around the pool each day and it is extremely peaceful and relaxing. The rooms are good, not amazing but big enough and clean. The staff were very atttentive and friendly. It is a 30 min walk to Lindos which I loved(not the walk), very traditional (few tacky shops as you always find) fabulous views and history. I really enjoyed strolling around the old cobbled steets;although it is quite easy to get lost initially(be careful not to slip on the flooring, there are polished pebbles which are very pretty but scary to walk on and definitely don't wear heels)!!!
Now for the reason for my review......the food!! Firstly the food in the snack bar by the pool is fine although quite expensive as are the drinks! It's the main restaurant that I wish to comment about. Maybe there is now a new chef at the restaurant as I don't understand how so my people can say that the food is great. The food is odd. I think if I was staying in a 3star hotel then I would be fairly happy as my expectations wouldn't be so high. Actually I have stayed in 3star hotels where the food has been considerably better. There isn't much choice, 2 choices for each course(you would be completely stuck if you were vegetarian). It was difficult to know what to choose when the options weren't great so you just had to chance it. I would say that they (the management/chef or whoever puts the menus together) are trying too hard and decide on a meal and then add some strange ingredient into the mix just to make it look posh or individual (which it certainly was)! My advice would be to stick to simple, traditional grrek food that then know how to cook. On the positive we ate out 5 out of 7 nights in Lindos and once on Pefkos. The little roof top restautants are lovely and the food is mainly traditonal with a few british or italian options thrown in.
Despite my negative comments I did have a really lovely holiday and the food didn't spoil it, my advice is to choose b&b instead and enjoy choosing a new restaurant in Lindos every night, you won't regret it!!

1  Thank BeigeCoat
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Fabulous hotel ! We were greeted when arriving at the reception with glasses of sparkling wine and when we entered our room we were given a complimentary small bottle of red wine and a fruit platter. The room wasn't huge and there were no tea / coffee making facilities however, it was spotless with a comfy bed and slippers, robes and every toliletry needed. As it is a small hotel, the rooms are quiet.
The staff could not do enough for us and there was plenty of room by the pool or beach on comfortable sunbeds every day. The pool was beautiful!
The restaurant has a wide variety of food that caters to all caters. The pool/beach bar food was tasty although not as varied and we felt it was incredibly expensive as was the drinks in the hotel.
The hotel is small,classy and we knew that it would be perfect fo our wedding next year and for our guests. They do a great wedding package too!
A great hotel, super staff - a perfect holiday!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stewpotUk
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week in peak season and absolutely loved it. The staff can't do enough for you. The rooms are beautiful and kept in pristine condition, as is the rest of the hotel.
We paid just over £500 per person for a week bed and breakfast here, including transfers and flights and for that price we cannot fault the hotel at all. We received a half bottle of wine and fruit selection to our room on arrival, which was lovely, with a partial sea view even though we hadn't paid for one. There are safes in all rooms, which can be used for free and the air con is also included...and very much needed in the intense Rhodes summer heat.
All staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.
The hotel has a beautiful pool are that leads down to a private beach area in a secluded cove area between Pefkos and Lindos, which are both easily accessible by bus (timetables can be gotten from reception and its 1.50euros each way, cheaper than a taxi by a long way.)
We were staying bed and breakfast, and the breakfast was amazing, I have never seen such a selection of food, and all tasted wonderful.
We ate at the hotels restaurant one night which was very nice, and paid 20euros each another night to stay for the 'Greek night' which is like a BBQ buffet with music and dancing one night a weeks, which I would really reccommend. But we chose to explore nearby Pefkos and Lindos the other nights.
The only negative points are that the prices in the hotel are very expensive, eg 3.90euros for a cold drink round the pool. And you are unable to keep things in the minibar fridge in the room, which is a bit annoying, as it means we had to eat at the poolside area everyday, which was a bit expensive, but I can't complain too much as the food was beautiful and the service very pleasant.
Overall, a wonderful holiday, I would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Kathryn1231
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We loved this hotel. We travelled with a 19 & 15 yr old, they also loved it.
The welcome was lovely even at midnight, with complimentary wine, fruits and cheese platter.
The pool was so clean and you could always get a spot, even in the late morning. Breakfast was fantastic, but the evening meal did get a little boring- a buffet a few times a week would have been welcome.

The staff were all really friendly and attentive. The place was so serene, just what we needed for a relaxing holiday. The only downside was the gym, one bike, one treadmill and a rowing machine that didn't work. But the air con in there was lovely. You could also refill your water bottle from their water cooler, as they charged way too much in the pool bar (as they do in all hotels).

You will have a quiet, relaxing and friendly holiday in this hotel- our teenagers loved it too .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank 66Firehorse
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My wife and I had a great holiday in Lindos Memories and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The staff are courteous and welcoming; the food was terrific (we had only booked B & B and regretted not going half board - the evenings we stayed in the hotel, service and food quality were impresssive); the pool and private beach area were pleasant and relaxing (no scrum for sunbeds either which was a relief). Each day a little complimentary 'treat' was brought round the pool and beach area - very nice it was too (especially the days it included ice cream)
On the down side the rooms aren't terribly big but are well appointed - the bar is expensive 5 Euro a pint etc but the staff were great and drinks are accompanied by free nuts or fruit and it's really nice to sit there in the evening. The hotel is a good 20 mins out of Lindos but you can get the local bus for only €1.50 and you don't need to go anywhere - there's even decent entertainment almost every night. We've certainly left with happy "Memories".

1  Thank CandSF