“five star service by the most professional and happy staff in a beautiful small hotel”

Mitsis Lindos Memories Resort Beach Hotel.
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
hutton essex
Reviewed 13 August 2010

As a frequent traveler to many fine hotels.this was my first time to a small boutique hotel.The hotel as you would expect from a 5 star, is extremely clean and full of the usual facilities. The one thing that really made the difference though was that all members of staff were exceptionally professional and a credit to the management,we only stayed for 7 days for a family wedding,but after only a few days most members of the front desk and pool/restaurant staff remembered our names or room number,this is very unusual in today's hotels as different staff work different day,.however at Memories the staff don't have days or weekends off they work continuous for several months during the peak season,.this is however a grate advantage to the holiday traveler as the service you receive is very friendly and personal, if you would like to stay in a large hotel with queues for dinner and loads of people with loud music around the pool then this hotel is not for you. How ever if you want to have the best service by the most friendliest of staff then treat yourself and pay a little more because your worth it. I will say however that you should take your own hairdryer as they are only 1 star in my wife's view, and more like a hand dryer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank markmoody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2010

You will not be disappointed when you arrive at this hotel. The staff and service are second to none. We were on a Bed & Breakfast basis and chose to eat out every evening in Lindos or Pefkos. A short 5 min taki ride takes you to both places for 5 euros there and 7 euros back. This way you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the hotel facilities and beach during the day and the lively atmoshpere of Lindos town at night. The hotel is immaculately clean with super comfortable sunbeds both at poolside and on the beach. The beach is a little rocky getting into the sea and beach shoes would have been useful, but the sea is cyrstal clear and calm. There are no shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel (apart from the small expensive hotel shop) so either take everything you need with you or make your purchases in the evenings when you go out. We will definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janey003
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Not a 5* more 4*. Rooms are very small and cramped. Staff very helpful and look after quests well. Beach is poorely maintained. A small hotel cut-off from the rest.& very little
to do at hotel other than relax by pool. Very expensive for what it is. Unlikely i would stay there again.Shame hotel doesn't run a free shuttle service into town or other parts of nearby villages.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sinda3
Wales
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I always check trip advisor before booking any hotel and there are always positive and negative comments about every hotel as you would expect. One of the main points I always look at is the comments about food. In this case they all seemed fairly positive and everything else looked great so I took the plunge and booked. I have never felt the need to write a review before and travel quite frequently but wanted to in this case not to criticise but to share my disappointment.
The hotel is very well layed out, spacious and overlooks a lovely beach. There is plenty of room around the pool each day and it is extremely peaceful and relaxing. The rooms are good, not amazing but big enough and clean. The staff were very atttentive and friendly. It is a 30 min walk to Lindos which I loved(not the walk), very traditional (few tacky shops as you always find) fabulous views and history. I really enjoyed strolling around the old cobbled steets;although it is quite easy to get lost initially(be careful not to slip on the flooring, there are polished pebbles which are very pretty but scary to walk on and definitely don't wear heels)!!!
Now for the reason for my review......the food!! Firstly the food in the snack bar by the pool is fine although quite expensive as are the drinks! It's the main restaurant that I wish to comment about. Maybe there is now a new chef at the restaurant as I don't understand how so my people can say that the food is great. The food is odd. I think if I was staying in a 3star hotel then I would be fairly happy as my expectations wouldn't be so high. Actually I have stayed in 3star hotels where the food has been considerably better. There isn't much choice, 2 choices for each course(you would be completely stuck if you were vegetarian). It was difficult to know what to choose when the options weren't great so you just had to chance it. I would say that they (the management/chef or whoever puts the menus together) are trying too hard and decide on a meal and then add some strange ingredient into the mix just to make it look posh or individual (which it certainly was)! My advice would be to stick to simple, traditional grrek food that then know how to cook. On the positive we ate out 5 out of 7 nights in Lindos and once on Pefkos. The little roof top restautants are lovely and the food is mainly traditonal with a few british or italian options thrown in.
Despite my negative comments I did have a really lovely holiday and the food didn't spoil it, my advice is to choose b&b instead and enjoy choosing a new restaurant in Lindos every night, you won't regret it!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeigeCoat
uk
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Fabulous hotel ! We were greeted when arriving at the reception with glasses of sparkling wine and when we entered our room we were given a complimentary small bottle of red wine and a fruit platter. The room wasn't huge and there were no tea / coffee making facilities however, it was spotless with a comfy bed and slippers, robes and every toliletry needed. As it is a small hotel, the rooms are quiet.
The staff could not do enough for us and there was plenty of room by the pool or beach on comfortable sunbeds every day. The pool was beautiful!
The restaurant has a wide variety of food that caters to all caters. The pool/beach bar food was tasty although not as varied and we felt it was incredibly expensive as was the drinks in the hotel.
The hotel is small,classy and we knew that it would be perfect fo our wedding next year and for our guests. They do a great wedding package too!
A great hotel, super staff - a perfect holiday!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stewpotUk
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week in peak season and absolutely loved it. The staff can't do enough for you. The rooms are beautiful and kept in pristine condition, as is the rest of the hotel.
We paid just over £500 per person for a week bed and breakfast here, including transfers and flights and for that price we cannot fault the hotel at all. We received a half bottle of wine and fruit selection to our room on arrival, which was lovely, with a partial sea view even though we hadn't paid for one. There are safes in all rooms, which can be used for free and the air con is also included...and very much needed in the intense Rhodes summer heat.
All staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.
The hotel has a beautiful pool are that leads down to a private beach area in a secluded cove area between Pefkos and Lindos, which are both easily accessible by bus (timetables can be gotten from reception and its 1.50euros each way, cheaper than a taxi by a long way.)
We were staying bed and breakfast, and the breakfast was amazing, I have never seen such a selection of food, and all tasted wonderful.
We ate at the hotels restaurant one night which was very nice, and paid 20euros each another night to stay for the 'Greek night' which is like a BBQ buffet with music and dancing one night a weeks, which I would really reccommend. But we chose to explore nearby Pefkos and Lindos the other nights.
The only negative points are that the prices in the hotel are very expensive, eg 3.90euros for a cold drink round the pool. And you are unable to keep things in the minibar fridge in the room, which is a bit annoying, as it means we had to eat at the poolside area everyday, which was a bit expensive, but I can't complain too much as the food was beautiful and the service very pleasant.
Overall, a wonderful holiday, I would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn1231
Belvoir, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We loved this hotel. We travelled with a 19 & 15 yr old, they also loved it.
The welcome was lovely even at midnight, with complimentary wine, fruits and cheese platter.
The pool was so clean and you could always get a spot, even in the late morning. Breakfast was fantastic, but the evening meal did get a little boring- a buffet a few times a week would have been welcome.

The staff were all really friendly and attentive. The place was so serene, just what we needed for a relaxing holiday. The only downside was the gym, one bike, one treadmill and a rowing machine that didn't work. But the air con in there was lovely. You could also refill your water bottle from their water cooler, as they charged way too much in the pool bar (as they do in all hotels).

You will have a quiet, relaxing and friendly holiday in this hotel- our teenagers loved it too .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family