This was our third time at the Atrium and the best yet. Have tried other hotels in the area but nothing has compared yet.
Firstly the position - many reviews stated that it is a bit remote. Kalathos Beach is small but there are a few shops and good restaurants, try Nicholaos towards the sea - a lovely family run taverna. A car is a must for getting around especially going in to Lindos which is only 5 minutes drive away. Hire a car before you leave the UK, it is much more cost effective when you take the price of the airport trips into account. 12 days hire cost us £220, the airport runs total over £100. For those on a package - try booking it all yourself, it works out a lot cheaper.
Rooms are great, all you need. This time had a room in the smaller annex, wasn't sure at first but much better views over pool and it was more convenient to access the pool, breakfast and the car as we could park right outside the room. Had side sea view rooms previously in the main hotel but you are way back from the sea.
Only ever go bed and breakfast as we like to get out and about to eat in either in Kalathos Beach, Lindos or Pefkos. Lindos is brilliant, just walking around, shopping, eating (Mythos Restaurant off the main square for good food and a brilliant view) and the Rain Bird for drinks and the best view in Lindos.
The breakfast is good, lots of choice, however the 'grill/egg station' can get a bit testing and needs to be a bit more organised, you can wait a while especially if you want eggs and bacon. Otherwise, great food, so much choice.
The grounds of the hotel are stunning, gardens well kept, pools and sunbeds great.
For soft drinks in your room or by the sunbeds just buy from the shop downstairs in the hotel - so much cheaper.
But for drinks and a break from the sun the pool/swim up bar is great. This is almost entirely down to Pani, who makes everone feel welcome with his very friendly nature, his professionalism and smile. He always tries to help with tips on where to go and what to see and really goes that 'extra mile'. People spend a lot of time around the pool so it is so important for a hotel to get the pool bar right and Pani is a real asset to the Atrium. We got to know him a lot more this year (he remembered us from our previous visits) - he is a very hardworking guy working 7 days a week and nothing is too much trouble.
There are loads of places to see in Rhodes fome the beaches - Agathi best but Tsambika Bay and St Pauls Bay, Lindos good. Take a trip around the island and up into the mountains in the north - great views over the coast. Prasonissi, where the 2 seas meet is great for watching the windsurfers. Rhodes Town is a must visit for the old town, although driving can be a bit hairy for the first time if you don't know where you are going. Park in the harbour area down from Mandraki Harbour - lots of space with the old town only a short walk away (info from Pani).
The Atrium is now the only place we will stay as it has a bit of everything and we have never been disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality renowned, Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas is the ideal destination for marvelous vacations and relaxing holidays. This architecturally innovative hotel combines luxury with its delightful blend of Greek Classical styles and ambiance meters from the crystal clear beach. The hotel is situated in the tranquil bay of Kalathos, close to the picturesque village of Lindos, on the Southeast area of Rhodes Island. Its unique beauties of nature and cultural heritage characterize it as the most intriguing region of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort And Villas
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Hotel Lindos
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Hotel
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Resort
- Atrium Palace Rhodes
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Lindos, Rhodes