Coming to the end of a lovely weeks stay at the Atrium Thalasso.
Hotel - Lovely layout, large selection of swimming pools which ,means it does not get overcrowded. There are a large number of different nationalities, French, Spanish, Dutch and a lot of Russians (which are all friendly) not many English which didn't bother us as the other children still played with our daughter. We actually preffered that it wasn't overrun with to many British people, it seemed more peaceful ;)
Hotel was very clean, we had a room on the 2nd floor with garden view. We went on a B&B basis, only ate in hotel one night which was a buffet style at €20 per adult and €10 per child. Breakfast had a great selection and all of the staff were very attentive my partners coffee was topped up every 5 seconds.
A few reviewers have said maids just let themselves in, we didn't find this to be the case they always knocked first and just poked their heads in. If you know room gets cleaned at 5pm just stay out for half an hour or so.
Rooms were very clean and quiet, powerful shower and towels replaced if you put them in the bath.
Beach - If you're dreaming of a white beach this isn't for you. Its all shingle and pebbles, we didn't spend any time at the beach.
Rhodes - We took the Rhodes Saturday tour (FYI its not a tour they drop you of and pick you up but this suited us) from around 10am once you arrive until 3:30pm which is just enough time to sight see and grab lunch.
Lindos - Taxi took 10 mins from hotel into Lindos and cost €14, cost €9 on the way back. TOP TIP - wear shoes with a good grip, I had standard sandals on and slipped several times, way to top is very slippery. Wasn't too impressed with the sand at Lindos beach was a lot of cigarette ends. €8 for two sunbeds, we did hire a pedalo which was great fun for an hour and cost €10.
Where to eat - We had lunch at Milos taverna approx €30 - 35 for child portion of slag bol, chicken ceaser salad and other main meal, lrg table water and a mythos beer.
Dinner - We ate most nights at the taverna across from hotel called Konstantin the service was fantastic and food amazing, also very well priced. Menu was extensive and lots of traditional food to choose from. They also gave our daughter free ice cream on two or of the four nights we had been which was a nice offer.
Animals - There's a few street dogs and the normal cats but they won't bother you and staff hush them away very quickly.
Supermarket - there's a shop across from hotel which sells everything you need including fresh fruit.
Price - We went B&B basis two adults a and 1 child (age 6) and took approx €1300 Euros, which you'all need as Rhodes isn't cheap and anything in hotel is as you would expect - a little expensive (€4.50 for a tiny coffee).
We always stay 5* when holidaying at home and im always paranoid that the hotels abroad wont be a high standard but we would rate the hotel 5* for abroad as its just what you would expect, prob a very good 4*+ if it was based in the UK.
We don't really go to the same place twice but would highly recommend to friends and family wanting to visit Rhodes.
Weather - Absolute bliss, approx 30' with a very slight breeze.
Couldn't fault the holiday at all, travelled as a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality renowned, Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas is the ideal destination for marvelous vacations and relaxing holidays. This architecturally innovative hotel combines luxury with its delightful blend of Greek Classical styles and ambiance meters from the crystal clear beach. The hotel is situated in the tranquil bay of Kalathos, close to the picturesque village of Lindos, on the Southeast area of Rhodes Island. Its unique beauties of nature and cultural heritage characterize it as the most intriguing region of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort And Villas
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Hotel Lindos
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Hotel
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Resort
- Atrium Palace Rhodes
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Lindos, Rhodes