My wife and I stayed here for 10 days from 29 June 2014. There are many fine features to this hotel and the best is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Without exception , they all go out of their way to assist, from the moment you arrive to departure. We encountered too many staff to name all , but top marks go to Sam, one of the bell boys , Marcin our waiter ( polite, friendly and courteous ) and Vladimir ( a character and a good laugh). The guy who operates in the main pool bar, also works so hard and never losses his cool.However , we found the star of the hotel to be Agota in Guest Relations who sorted out a problem over room allocation and more than made up for a slight inconvenience we had. She is an outstanding individual and is a credit to the hotel.
The hotel has a beautiful reception and main lounge area. There are some toilets a short walk from the reception and the reason I mention these is that I have not encountered such clean and immaculate toilets anywhere - well done to all the cleaning ladies.Indeed , the hotel is very well maintained both inside and throughout the extensive grounds. There loads of sun bathing areas around the attractive swimming pools and more than enough sun beds to go round.
We booked a junior suite and there was adequate amount od cupboard and wardrobe space. The room itself was spacious but I think more care should be put in to making the sitting area a bit more defined as a sitting area. The furnishing were ok but I would have preferred to see lighter and more modern fittings.
The food was good and varied and I would recommend the exclusive dining/drinks option , as this proved excellent value for money, including as it did all meals and an extensive drinks choice.
My only issue with the hotel is the dress code - or I should say lack of one. The hotel has signs up requesting that men wear long trousers for dinner. My holiday company even sent a polite reminder a week before the holiday reminding us of this, which I fully support. However , over the time we were there, I estimate less than 25% of guests made any effort to dress for dinner and I saw no attempt bymanagement of the hotel to address this, which was a pity. I realise this is a difficult issue for the hotel to tackle, as the hotel seemed full and management will not want to upset guests. However , this is the one issue which would prevent us returning. I think the staff deserve better from many of the guests.
The hotel is a bit remote and there is no promenade or short walk close by . Lindos is well worth a visit - short taxi ride. as is Rhodes Old Town , where we went on the local bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality renowned, Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas is the ideal destination for marvelous vacations and relaxing holidays. This architecturally innovative hotel combines luxury with its delightful blend of Greek Classical styles and ambiance meters from the crystal clear beach. The hotel is situated in the tranquil bay of Kalathos, close to the picturesque village of Lindos, on the Southeast area of Rhodes Island. Its unique beauties of nature and cultural heritage characterize it as the most intriguing region of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort And Villas
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Hotel Lindos
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Hotel
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Resort
- Atrium Palace Rhodes
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Lindos, Rhodes