“Overall a great stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bordon, United Kingdom
“Overall a great stay!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have recently returned from the Atrium Palace after spending a weeks holiday with the family, my mum and dad, sister, brother-in-law and their 19month old son and my boyfriend. We had done research into different holiday destinations to find a place suitable for the varying ages within our party and this hotel did not fail to accommodate us. upon arrival we did have a little trouble with one room as they had been confused with surnames, however they were fantastic and got us a temporary room and then upgraded us to a room with an amazing view we couldn't complain at all. throughout this temporary glitch they admitted fault and were extremely helpful. the hotel itself it absolutely stunning with beautiful grounds and scenery to walk around. it also had a few pools some which were quieter which my parents liked and the main pool had a nice shallow area in the shade perfect for my nephew. My boyfriend and I enjoy exploring on holiday and i have to admit there is nothing in the direct area however a quick taxi ride and you are in Lindos which is beautiful, we also made a trip to the watermark in Falaraki which was a lot of fun! the meal times were tricky at times with my nephew not wanting to sit still but all the staff were amazing, with a special mention to Nikos and Marcin who served us every night, Nikos the chef even cooked special dishes to please the little one!! overall an amazing holiday although the pool bar could do with slightly quicker barmen and the kids disco in the evening could have more enthusiastic staff (the one night we had the guy was amazing however the usual woman wasn't exactly engaging with the children!). seeing as they are the only 2 real complaints i would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on going to Rhodes. Absolutely beautiful!

1 Thank Danielle E
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Atrium Palace. We’re happy to be informed that you enjoyed the hotel and your overall stay. We thank you for recommending us and hope that you will visit again.

Atrium Hotels Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
bournemouth
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having done a lot of research on the internet I thought I had found the perfect hotel for my first visit to Greece with my husband and 7 yr old daughter, however this hotel was sadly lacking in many departments.
We arrived in the evening around 10.30, no one came to help us with our bags when we got out of the taxi, we made our way to reception and felt straightaway as if we were an inconvenience. The girl at reception barely spoke whilst checking us in, no welcome drink ( usually offered at 5 star establishments) no smiles, she then informed us that there was a problem with our room and so we would be in a temporary room for the night and then moved the following day, not a great start.
We were not given any other information regarding breakfast, meals, facilities etc.
Next morning we went to enquire as to when our room would be ready but they could not be sure, as we were only staying for a week we were keen to unpack and settle in to our holiday so this was a bit annoying. We then went to see the childrens mini club, this had been a key part of our holiday requirement as our daughter had had an excellent experience the previous year at a very good 5 star hotel and was keen to go to the mini club to do some activities and meet other children. The hotel states that the mini club runs every morning and offers a range of activities and also has a mini disco each evening. We arrived at the mini club, which is a small dark room, inside were 3 members of staff, a young girl and 2 young lads, the young lads were slouched at the desk deep in conversation the young girl stared at us! We asked if our daughter could stay, she nodded and gestured to a small table where 2 other children were sitting colouring, our daughter joined them. I asked if I needed to fill in any forms and again the young girl gestured to a piece of paper on the desk, she then told us we should not bother to fill in our mobile number as their phone was not working so if there was a problem they would have to come and find us!
We left and returned 45 mins later to check on our daughter, luckily she had made some friends and seemed happy to stay but we felt that this was facility was run in a very slap dash way.our daughter only went back to the mini club on one other occasion and when I dropped her off one of the lads asked me if I knew the difference between play dough, clay & plasticine, when I asked why he told me that he did not know what they were and had to order some , I almost offered to run the session for him he looked so totally clueless. On 2 occasions children arrived at the swimming pool having been sent away from the mini club early as they had decided to close. Very poor indeed and again NOT 5 star service.
Finally our room was changed, some of our clothes were rather creased so my husband asked if we could have an iron and ironing board, he was told they do not provide this service but we could have items ironed but there would be a charge for this- again not something you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Our new room was nice but the bathroom was very small and the decor dated, there was no welcome pack in the room not even a bottle of water.
The pools are lovely and the grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the restaurant staff were excellent, especially Vladimir our waiter in the evening who was so kind and attentive.
The food in the buffet restaurant was reasonable. We had an excellent meal at the lobster restaurant near the beach which made a welcome change from the busy main restaurant.
The evening entertainment was hilarious, I don't think I shall ever forget the 4 young girls who were billed as " Cher Tribute Night" quite exceptional for all the wrong reasons!
The childrens mini disco got shorter and shorter each night, it is listed as 9.15-9.45 but seemed to start any time between 9-9.30 and last about 20 mins. The disco staff were scruffily dressed and not terribly enthusiastic.
This hotel needs to up its game if it wants to be worthy of 5 star status, there are a lot of little touches missing which make all the difference when you have paid a lot of money for a five star experience. At best it is 4 star. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Front sea view room is nice
1 Thank frances g
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and the incidents you brought up are being investigated.
We trust that your arrival was an isolated incident as there’s always a welcome drink and a member of the staff to carry the luggage and show you to your room. Same goes for the members of the animation team, who are pleasant with the kids and we have never received such criticism before.
Our on-going objective to rise above guest satisfaction and we are sorry to hear that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. All the best.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Were travelling in the August of 2013 with family. The hotel location, rooms and service was a very superior and special. The worst thing was - a very bad ultra all inclusive variation of dishes, but there was a great restaurant in villas part. Would like to thank especially Konstantinos Stainert for the professional restaurant services and politeness. Hope to visit you this year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dmitry_Panursky
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the service. Hope to welcome you back later this year.

Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We returned Last week from a wonderful family stay at this gorgeous hotel.
From the moment we were picked up in the car park and taken by golf buggy the 30 yards! to Reception, to the moment we left, we were really well taken care of. Our rooms were upgraded to a Villa which was spectacular! Most important of all however was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the Staff. They were fantastic. Thank you especially to Kiki on reception -most kind. The breakfasts were amazing- they have everything! The rooms were cleaned twice daily and the beds turned down for us at night. Always spotless, lovely pools and gardens with plenty of sunbeds. Restaurants nearby were all great and Lindos was beautiful although a car is certainly advisable to get there or to the sandy beaches. We would highly recommend this hotel for a great relaxing stay on a very friendly unspoiled part of the island. Thank You to Management and Staff for our wonderful stay. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We’re happy that you had a wonderful stay and experience with us at Atrium Palace. We also appreciate your recommendations and hope to welcome you back next summer.

cumbria
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hi, we arrived here on the 1st of August at around midnight. We went for a full sea view, but when we got to our room , we could not see the sea. I went to reception and they explained that we had been upgraded to a junior suite, which is great. To be honest the sea is around 5 00 metres away and is not really a great view. There is a funny grating sound coming from above , which we have to notify reception when it is happening. All the staff are great, especiaiiy the lady from Canada who is very helpfull. The pools are great and our girl aged 10 is never out of them. The food is good, and is even better if you order from the menu, guaranteed.so far so good. Will write again at the end of our hols. Cheers.

Room Tip: Have not seen other rooms but for peace and quite, it doesn't really matter as we were in the ho...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank paul m
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. We’re pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your stay so far and hope that you will enjoy the rest of your holidays even more.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

we arrived to the hotel, tired and slightly stressed as our trip over was...eventful, but fun, we stepped out of the taxi, and a bell boy came and took our luggage, and we walked in to amazing lobby, bright, clean, cool, and were offered water, juice and champagne!.
Check in was easy and the staff could speak 4 or 5 languages! so we didnt have a problem chatting to them!, we were shown our room, and in fairness, i did squeal with joy seeing the patio and private little pool there.
The idea was that we go and see the sights, but once i saw the pool, and the pool side bar, that changed, My husband and i spent our time by the pool, no rushing for loungers, there were plenty all day long, my son spent the two weeks playing with the other teens in the pool, going to the music events at night, and generally having fun, and i didnt mind, as there were staff everywhere, keeping an eye on them, during the second week i did my open water diving course, and passed!
The staff here were amazing, meal time was always a treat, as there was always a wide selection of treats on offer, each night had a different feel to it, from traditional greek meals, to Chinese meals, and everything in between...oh, and try there fruit flavoured greek yogurt, its to die for, and fresh
The pool is huge, and its not the only one, there are three different pools, (or so im told, i stayed by one all week)the pool bar staff are fun and talented, those two boys deserve a medal, they always had fresh mint for my husbands mojito and made me a Much More every day without me even asking, they knew what i liked!
The staff, now, what can i say apart from, wonderful, i felt like royalty walking around, as i was greeted warmly every time i walked into the dining room, or pool area, they made our stay amazing, even when i was feeling a bit sick on day due to to much diving and sun, the staff went out of there way to see i was ok, offering to let my husband bring food from the buffet to me, and asking how i was when i ventured out of my room

the bedroom was heaven, when it got to hot by the pool, i would head for my room for a nice nap in an air conditioned room, and the beds, wow, so comfy, i have a bad back so i need a good bed, and i can say without a doubt, there beds rock, no pain in the morning, just waking up refreshed
i would go back in a heartbeat, it was perfect!,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your great review. We’re thrilled to hear that you had an amazing experience with us at Atrium Palace. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward to it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I arrived at the Atrium Palace with all the usual burnout associated with a high-stress job, and then Easyjet managing to land at the wrong island! (Ok, so yes, Kos is within 40 miles, but you do get your feet wet!). From the minute I arrived at Atrium Palace, everything was taken care of. The staff are excellent, with the service manager, Savvas Papantoniou particularly attentive. I really enjoyed the relaxed, carefree style of the hotel - if you wish to have a formal dinner then of course you can, however my family and I enjoyed the lavish buffet.

Facilities in the hotel are top-notch, including a gym (for the holiday masochists), spa, and numerous pools. It was a lovely surprise to find that our rooms had been upgraded to include a private swimming pool, although we took advantage of the large pool in the centre of the hotel, complete with a poolside bar, and two very witty bartenders! The pool-side bar has a wet and a dry area, so you can have a dip, a drink (or two), without worrying about getting out and drying off. Poolside sunbeds are very comfortable.

Atrium Palace is a family-friendly hotel, and it was great to see how my son enjoyed playing volleyball and water polo, and making friends at the hotel. My wife took advantage of the sub-aqua club who visited the hotel and got her Openwater course, in between relaxing and getting some sun!

And me? I enjoyed a well-deserved poolside mojito or two. Cheers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and managed to sit back and have a relaxing holiday. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back next summer.

Atrium Hotels Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#4 of 30 in Lindos
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!