“Good Hotel Made Excellent by the Staff”
Review of Lindos Mare Hotel

Lindos Mare Hotel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lincoln
“Good Hotel Made Excellent by the Staff”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We've never been to Greece before so we don't know if every hotel is like this one. OK, so let's get the boring stuff over with first. The Lindos Mare is a competent 4* hotel about 2km out of Lindos. Its on the main road buit setr down the hill so its not noisy. You can walk to Lindos but it's along the main road and definitely not recommended at night.

The hotel itself is tiered. The reception is at the top and the rooms and other public areas are distributed down the hillside. There are lifts, and a lovely little funicular one from reception, but whereve you go you will have to use the stairs at some point. Our room was smaller than I expected, and small by UK standards, but it was well furnishedand immaculately presented.. The food is excellent, as is the location and view, but the shining star here is the staff. Without exception theyare friendly, polite, courteous and seem to actually both genuinely care and anjoy what they do. There is a Greek night on a Tuesday where the staff actually dance, all of them! and its really good fun.

All in all one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in for a while (In Europe anyway)

Room Tip: traditional rooms are bigger, choose carefully if you have mobility issues. All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Filey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went back to this lovely hotel again, please see my other two reviews, And I can honestly say that we both had another fantastic time here! I am very surprised to read what was written in a couple of recent reviews! as I don't think that the hotel deserves them! for the simple reason that If you ever have any problems with whatever it may be, all you have to do is go and see the hotel manager who will definitely sort things out for you! believe me they are all an excellent team and they really want you to enjoy your stay! Michalis and Savvas are amongst the best at this, and they can't do enough for you! also the restaurant team give an excellent service, we also had dinner in the Pelagos restaurant twice and the food was absolutely great! well worth the money, The main restaurant has both inner and outer dining areas now and is a vast improvement, and the choice of food is immense! The hotel is built into the hillside so there are a mixture of rooms with a sea view and some without, you just need to ask for whatever type of room you want when you book your holiday, and yes there are numerous lifts but there always will be if you want stunning views! if the hotel was built at sea level nobody would complain about steps, but there would be no views! so the choice is yours, The Towel situation is no problem at all as 3 days is perfectly acceptable between changes and just think about the hotel laundry situation with the sheer amount of washing that has to be done on a daily basis. we can all help! And as far as there being nothing to do, absolute rubbish! we had two weeks and it flew! you have the beaches and various little towns to explore, we use the local buses for cheap transport to and from Rhodes and Lindos and this time we had a trip to Marmaris from Rhodes by fast cat which took about an hour! And contrary to what others said you are not pressurised to buy anything! its just a day out shopping if you want and very enjoyable too! and a few degrees warmer if you don't mind that, They take you by coach to the Gold centre then drop you off at the Bazzar, the carpet shop is the meeting point, then they pick you up four hours later and take you to the Turkish delight factory, it was great! and by the time you come out its back to the dock and back to Rhodes, it was a very exciting day! I would recommend it. we arrived back at the hotel at 8.30 pm and went for dinner in the main restaurant and there was everything to choose from and all served by an excellent array of staff. And finally on a last note, when I go on holiday I go to chill out! that means I don't care about weather I get wifi or not! I leave all that at home! because I enjoy being on holiday with my partner! and being looked after by the hotel staff as there's more to life than technology! Well done again to all of you! we will be back next year for another chill, I can't wait! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to book! go ahead and enjoy!.

Room Tip: Try rooms 221 222 223 for fantastic views.
1 Thank Nick F
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Positives
The staff are all wonderful
The junior suites are spacious, stylish, have huge balconies and lovely sea views
The food was varied, there was plenty of choice and it was of a good quality. If you can't find something to suit you must be very fussy
Everywhere is spotlessly clean
Sun beds are comfortable and there was no shortage while we were there
Evening entertainment was great, but we would have liked on more evenings
Price of wine very reasonable and of good quality
Fridges to use in rooms. We stocked up on drinks from the supermarket on the beach

Improvements that could be made
Free wifi throughout the hotel. Wifi is available in reception, but if you want to use anywhere else you have to pay. At a hotel of this quality we would have expected this to be free throughout as in other hotels we have stayed at in Greece.
Make Poached eggs and bespoke omelettes available for breakfast
The food at the Greek evening was not worth paying more for and was really no different to the restaurant. As You could get a table and watch the entertainment without paying the extra amount we ended up not being sure what we had paid more money for. Need to either make the food worth paying more for or make the entertainment exclusive for those who had paid for

To note
THere are lots of steps at this hotel and a steep climb back from the beach. Not for those for whom steps and hills are a problem. There are lifts via a convoluted route but some of these are for a max 4 persons
You cannot walk to Lindos by any safe route. Taxis are €6 each way
Drinks are just about an acceptable price compared to outside of the hotel. Any more expensive and they would have have tipped into 'expensive' territory.

All in all a very enjoyable stay and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. The management must do a great job as all the staff appeared very happy in their jobs

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I left a review for the Lindos Mare after our 5th visit in 2010, we leave today after our 10th and feel it's time to leave another review. Dining in the main restaurant is even better now following the recent extension to give the choice of dining outside - it certainly makes a great difference and the views are beautiful. The food offered is second to none with the choice of main meals served to your table or a great choice of buffet. The staff at the Lindos Mare are truly fantastic and make your holiday even more enjoyable - special mentions to Michalis, Assistant Manager and Savvas, Maitre d'hôtel - they really know how to look after their guests. It was disappointing to read a couple of recent reviews who do not share the vast majority of the other reviews. I've not experienced any problems or complaints in all the times I've visited and if I did then I'm certain they would have been dealt with in double quick time. We are now looking forward to returning again in 2014 when we know we'll have a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view - great to wake up to in the morning and to sit out and enjoy in the evenings.
1 Thank MandM19
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We went to this hotel for one week in September 2013 for my son and his wife's renewal of wedding vows. It was breath taking, the venue was in the hotel grounds and the staff made sure everything went according to plan. We had a room overlooking the bay for the reception. I would recommend this hotel for any occasion.

Room Tip: Any room is good as there are lifts .
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our two weeks vacation to Hotel LINDOS MARE at Lindos on Rhodes, Greece was one of our best ever - thanks to the very helpfull staff, who always did their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible..

We can highly recommend this hotel - situated very beautifully with full sea-view from all the rooms..
Besides to that the quality of the food was really GOOD - and there was plenty of it..

We don`t hesitate to give the highest ranking.

Room Tip: The rooms 142-143-144-145 are all with a marvellous view over the sea - it was wonderful to wake up...
1 Thank Finn G
London
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed with my family at this fabulous hotel in July and have been meaning to write a review since. So today I decided to do so, but before I started I thought I would read the latest comments first and was very surprised to see a couple of recent reviews giving negative feedback. My own experience of Lindos Mare was thoroughly enjoyable and fully satisfying. Of course everyone has a different view on service, standards and expectations, however sometimes opinions can be formed based on one or two minor personal irritations and therefore can be out of context with the general experience, I'm guessing this must have been the case with these instances. For my part, from the minute we arrived at Lindos Mare it was clear high customer service, strong attention to detail and very friendly & engaging staff are the key priorities at this hotel. Nothing was ever too much trouble and the staff were very friendly, polite and happy. Our rooms were large, well appointed and recently refurbished. The food & service were both of an excellent standard and the prices for wine, beer & spirits were what I would expect to pay at a hotel of this standard anywhere within Europe. We had a two week stay on a half board basis, however we chose to go out for dinner about 50% of the time as we always like to venture out of the hotel to experience different restaurants. We tried a variety of establishments in Lindos, Rhodes Town and a wonderful small restaurant by the beach at St Pauls Bay, all were of an excellent standard and very reasonably priced. Incidentally, when on a HB deal at Lindos Mare you can take lunch in lieu of dinner should you want to opt out of the evening meal. In terms of location, the hotel is situated on the hillside overlooking Vlicha Bay, so the views are stunning, particularly when dining in the evening as the sun is setting. There are a small number of bars and restaurants in close proximity to Lindos Mare, but the majority are beyond walking distance. That said for a few euros a very reliable taxi service is bookable at reception, so within minutes you can be in the centre of Lindos. Back to the hotel: A great barometer to demonstrate the quality and satisfaction level of a hotel is the number of returning guests. I was staggered at the number of returning guests Lindos Mare receives, I would say about 60% of the people we spoke to had visited previously, most of who had returned several times. After a few days of your stay you begin to understand why this, the staff at this hotel manage to deliver excellent service that feels both respectful and very personal, quite unusual for a hotel of this size. It is difficult to single out individual members of staff as all deserve very high praise, but there are 3 I feel I must mention. 1. Michalis, who's endless energy and superb management is at the heart of the everything that makes this hotel so special. He is present from breakfast to late into the night and never takes his eye off the ball. He also manages to remember the name of every guest from day one and has time for everyone, very slick and highly professional. 2. Dimitris from the Pelegos restaurant. A fabulous head waiter and quite possibly the nicest man on the planet. His style and genuine warm nature made everyone feel very welcome and special, plus he never stops smiling, its very obvious he loves life and wants you to share his happiness. 3.Lastly, the lovely Panayiota from the spa and fitness centre, who very kindly arranged for me to have access to the gym prior to the stated opening time so I could do my daily workout early before breakfast (I'm sad I know)! A wonderful girl who clearly understands the value in providing excellent customer service and all done with a beautiful smile and warm & friendly manner. To conclude, a fantastic hotel with a staff who genuinely want their guests to have the best holiday experience ever. Rhodes is a beautiful island with wonderful people, Lindos Mare reflects this in every way and is a hotel I will definitely be visiting again, Thank you to all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank AlanB_London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Ville di Lindos
Ville di Lindos
#1 of 30 in Lindos

Been to Lindos Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!