“A perfect holiday hotel”
Review of Lindos Mare Hotel

Lindos Mare Hotel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at the lindos mare for 10 nights 18-28 June in a junior suite. I chose carefully as our holidays really matter as we generally can only get away once a year. I read the reviews from last season and hoped we would experience the same and I was not let down. The staff ( and I mean every single one we encountered) were excellent, happy genuinely helpful and went out of their way to help you enjoy your holiday. It's been said many times over but again the food was excellent and the rooms were spotless. The views from our room and infact most of the hotel were stunning looking out to sea with the beach down below. We stayed half board so we ate in the hotel in the evenings but they do allow you to swap to a lunch if your heading out for dinner to lindos town. I'm not one for hotel evening entertainers but they did have a variety of tribute acts which lots of other guests enjoyed, we did however enjoy the Greek evening .Seeing some of the staff wanting to get involved and show us all their dancing skills just showed it's the people here that make this place . Most other evenings tho we preferred to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge bar, which must be said had prob the best bartender I've experienced, this guy knew his stuff !
The spa was great,we both had a massage and I'd recommend having a treatment or even just popping in and looking around as the manager was so warm and friendly and they have little specials offers every day to tempt you. The pools and all the grounds were lovely and even tho it's a fair size hotel it never felt as tho it was crowded, always sunbeds around the pool available and plenty on the beach to use too.
We contacted and booked with the hotel directly rather than come with the tour operators as we wanted to plan our own holiday and make the most of our time there which worked great for us.
With all the praise I've given I feel a little constructive criticism could make the hotel even better..we felt whilst staying half board water should really have been included with dinner, it seemed somewhat harsh to charge guests €3 for a litre of water to have with their food!
I won't finish on a low tho , I would whole heartedly recommend the lindos mare hotel and I would look forward to revisiting again. The staff made our holiday feel special so well done lindos mare your hard work pays off ..

Room Tip: We had 3210 which was large and with a great view..
2  Thank Dean_n_10
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear “Dean_n_10”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us following your recent stay.

It was very nice to read that you have been impressed with many facilities of our hotel as the spa facilities, the pools and our hotel view. Thank you for highlighting to other readers that you enjoyed the Greek evening and also our bartender’s cocktails at Vergina Lounge Bar.
Your description of your time with us was such a pleasure to read, and it genuinely fills me with pride to read about the holiday experience our team was able to create for you..

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Lindos Mare in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week last October for a birthday just before the hotel closed for the season. The hotel and room was spotless and comfortable. The food was varied each night and plentyful and flavoursome. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially in the restaurant where the team made our stay so memorable and a happy experience. Entertainment was provided some nights which was professional. The beach is not that sandy but once your into the sea it is pure bliss and there are goats grazing on the cliff above, what else do you want.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear «kiwitravellernew”,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us last October, and that we were indeed able to meet your expectations on all levels. Our team is here to ensure each and every request is taken care of, and I am delighted that you were so well looked after during your stay.

We thank you for highlighting the comfortable guest rooms, the food selections served in our restaurant, the entertainment shows and the beach facilities.

Thank you once again for making the time to post your comments. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to create another wonderful experience for you here at Lindos Mare Hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for one week from 25/06/2014. I can not fault the hotel for a perfect relaxing holiday. The rooms were contemporary in style with good air conditioning (essential when it just gets too hot). Our room 411 was on one of the lower levels which is ideal for the beach which was only a short walk away and the smaller pool and bar. The beach was clean and there were lovely views over the bay.The food is very good with lots of choice to suit nearly everyone's tastes.

The staff were all very friendly and very helpful. I could not fault the service they all provided. It made for a an ideal holiday. It is a hotel I would certainly visit again if you want to chill out. .

Room Tip: Upper levels for better sea views and quick access to main pool and restaurant. Lower levels for sho...

Dear “Peter C”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

It is very nice to learn that you had a relaxing experience in our hotel and that our team members were able to make your time with us that bit more memorable.
I was also delighted that you were impressed with the food served in our restaurants, the hotel beach as well as many other facilities of the hotel.

Thank you very much for selecting Lindos Mare for your holidays, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My son and I have just returned home after a fantastic week at this beautiful hotel.What a lovely place.The food was absolutely brilliant.The hotel is built into the rocks with such lovely views of the beach.Choice of 2 restaurants and also 2 swimming pools.The entertainment on an evening was really good.The staff were just brilliant.On arrival we were really surprised when we entered our room and found 2 large plates full of sandwiches and snacks,fresh fruit and even a bottle of red wine.I highly recommend this hotel.We will defiantly be returning...A big thank you to you all at this superb and beautiful hotel.And thanks I've also jumped on the weighing scales to find out I'm half a stone heavier!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear “Johnfbradford”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was an absolute pleasure to read about your wonderful experience here at our hotel.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel location, the restaurants’ food selections and the pool facilities. I was very pleased that our product and service have met your expectations.

Our aim is always to provide true Greek hospitality and I am pleased that the team were able to display their excellent professionalism and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you very much for choosing Lindos Mare for your holidays. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was amazing. Could not complain about a thing and not that I would want to.

Went to this hotel 14th to the 24th June 2014. Checked in at 1am in the morning and were told that as we missed dinner, sandwiches and water were waiting for us in our fridge. We could also claim a lunch voucher on our last day due to the late check in and missing dinner.

During our stay we found that if we were going to miss dinner for any reason such as an excursion or if we just wanted to try out the local restaurants, we were able to claim a lunch voucher from reception for value of 24 euros. Drinks were always extra so bear this in mind. I have never known a hotel do this, if you missed dinner, it was usually tough.

The reception area is at the top of the hotel as the hotel is built into the rocks. Amazing views. Everything else is underneath. I could not count how many levels there were but there are lifts and steps to use to get from the top to the bottom. There is also a cable car lift which goes from the top to the pool area.

The staff are lovely, could not do enough for you. All staff would say good morning or kalimera in greek. The restaurant staff and management were great. Very talkative, funny and made you laugh. Buffet was great, loads of choice. The main buffet restaurant was where breakfast and dinner were held. Lunch was held in the al a carte restaurant by the pool.

Thomson are based in the hotel a couple of hours in the morning and evening and a welcome meeting is held on the first day there for any excursion bookings or advice on the island but the receptions staff are helpful as well for any questions, advice etc.

There a car rental office on site also which we used and had no issues. Very helpful with maps etc. Must see places are seven springs in Etna Piges and Prasonisi where the two seas meet at the bottom on the island.

Rooms were lovely, clean, spacious, great views. Had a sea view across the bay which was great. Room 3209.

Lindos town is 2 mins in a cab which cost 8 euros there and 6 euros back. Its costs 2 euros extra there as this is the call out fee for the taxi to come to the hotel. There is a taxi rank in Lindos town to grab a cab back, no booking. There is also a bus service roughly every hour from outside the hotel which cost 1.60 euros each, each way. Lovely shops down alleyways with white washed buildings and the acropolis sits overlooking Lindos.

Small shop on site selling most items but closed from 1pm to 5pm. Very convenient but a short walk along the beach area and there was another supermarket cheaper.

All in all would definitely recommend the hotel and would return in the future.

Room Tip: Defo recommend sea view
5  Thank thewebbs

Dear “thewebbs”,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent holiday at Lindos Mare.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of details during your stay, such as the view, the cleanliness and the comfortable guest rooms . Thank you for highlighting to other readers that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurants in combinations with the service offered.

Your description of your time with us was such a pleasure to read, and it genuinely fills me with pride to read about the memorable experience our team was able to create for you. I am so pleased to read that our team gave you so many fond memories with their commitment to sincere personalised service. I will personally pass on your thanks to all of them for their contribution to your stay.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Lindos Mare in the near future to celebrate together your anniversary.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We are now here in Lindos Mare Hotel for the fifth time and we can definitely say this is ax excellent hotel, the best choice you can do when planning to spend your summer holidays in Rodos Island. The room are beautiful, comfortable and perfectly cleaned, the beach is amazing as well as this wonderful sea. The restaurants are perfect and the night shows super. But what makes the difference is the amazing wonderful staff that always makes you feel special in this very special place. We couldn't even think of spending our summer holidays anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2014
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear “Mari B”,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on this website. Your continued patronage and support over the years is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

The food selection in our restaurants, the comfortable guest rooms and the beach facilities are some of the key elements in our hotel that we are extremely proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible through consistent service and quality standards, and I am very pleased that our team were able to display their excellent professionalism and helpfulness during your stay

Enjoy the rest of your stay here with us, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in Lindos Mare.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from our second stay at the Lindos Mare and we hope that it won't be the last.
The location, quality of food but most of all the attitude of all the staff make this an exceptional hotel at which to relax and enjoy yourself.
Without exception every member of staff is helpful and has a smile on their face. When we went into the restaurant on the first night we were immediately recognised from the previous year.
Don't be put off by the various levels of the hotel. My wife has difficulty walking distances and climbs but the series of lifts makes it manageable.
We asked for and were given the same room as last year, just a small example of the customer care provided.
In terms of food I would be amazed if someone didn't find something on the menus (different each night) that they liked given the very wide range of food on offer. From talking to a fellow guest they can also cater for specialist diets without any drop in variety or standard.
Overall we think that this is an exceptional hotel and would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear “MikeR999”,

Thank you very much for choosing once again Lindos Mare for your stay in Rhodes. Your continued patronage and support over the years is greatly valued and very much appreciated.
I was pleased that the food selections and hotel facilities were to your preference and your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome. I was very delighted that they were able to display their professionalism and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you very much for selecting once more time Lindos Mare for your stay in Rhodes. It is our aim to provide memorable holidays for all our guests, through the care and attention shown by all our staff.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Thanasis Tougounzoglou

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Lindos Sun Hotel
Lindos Sun Hotel
#10 of 30 in Lindos

Been to Lindos Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!