“superb location for a relaxing week in excetionally friendly well run hotel”
Review of Lindos Mare Hotel

Lindos Mare Hotel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Birmingham
“superb location for a relaxing week in excetionally friendly well run hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We have just returned from an extremely relaxing week in Lindos Mare which successfully combines superb location ( good quiet beach with sunbeds & service from hotel), well appointed rooms ( we had stunning seaview) ,local cuisine & friendly excellent service.
Restaurant manager Michael was welcoming,attentive & added value to our holiday.
Near by Lindos ( 5 mins in taxi) is a picture postcard town overlooked by ancient acropolis ( 10 min on donkey!!)
I met a fellow guest who had stayed in this hotel every year for 50 years - they must be doing something right.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Me and my hubby stayed at the hotel from 6th-20th May 2009 for our wedding on the 14th May and can honestly say we have never stayed in a hotel where the staff are so friendly, the hotel so clean and the views are fantastic.
The room was cleaned and towels changed every day. The view from the room also was out of this world!
The food at the hotel was lovely and Michalis was so nice, he remembered what language everyone spoke, when they arrived and when they were leaving.
The night of the wedding we returned to the room to find a fruit bowl, large bottle of champagne, a lovely hand made photo album and petals scattered around the room. Then the morning after we had breakfast in bed brought to us, which was prepared by Michalis.
If i had to say what i didnt like about the hotel it would have to be all the steps, although we was aware of them before we booked and there are lifts to every floor so you dont have to walk them.
All our guests that came to the wedding stayed at the Lindos Gardens and were so envious when they came to see our hotel, a few have even said they are going to book to stay there themselves.
Location was perfect as we wanted to be away from everyone so we could have a few days honeymoon alone. Its about a 30 min walk into lindos which we did a few times but in the heat was tiring and not something that we would do on a night as there is no pavement and few street lights. A taxi though is quite cheap, 7 euros from the hotel to lindos and another 5euros back again. I cannot wait to go back next may for our 1st wedding anniversary!!

norfolk uk
Reviewed 14 May 2009

The view form our room was fantastic (i guess some views better than others) but all rooms look out to the bay.the room standard was very high and modern, and the staff were all fantastic and very very frendly. the food was great and very varied. huge pool but check out the lower smaller pool near the beach (a little hide away).this really was a great hotel all round made extra special by the staff. we would recommend a car but Lindos town is only short taxi ride. only small criticism is that the drinks in the hotel are very expensive ,but perhaps expected from a hotel of this standard. But thats the only downside, i truly recommend this fantatic hotel , so peaceful as the nearest hotel is round the bay. would go back tommorrw and change nothing, brilliant !

1 Thank NorfolkUkRichard44
Abergele, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We booked a holiday half board for a week in May. Firstly, the staff are brilliant and extremely friendly and helpful. I was particularly impressed that the hotel manager greeted everyone at breakfast and dinner on a daily basis. The hotel is in the greek style and very comfortable. It has 2 restaurants - one is where breakfast and dinner is served and has large windows overlooking the bay. The other restaurant is where lunch is served and is on a terrance area, again overlooking the bay. Being half board meant breakfast and dinner were included, however, if you preferred, you could swap your dinner for a lunch which we did once. There are also 2 bars - one next to the lunch restaurant and the other on the top floor by reception with a balcony area. There are also 2 swimming pools with the main one having a great view. There is also a smaller one further down the hill. There is also a nice spa and fitness area (where you can obtain free beach towels), a games room and a small shop selling things from food and drink to suntan lotion and newspapers. Lastly, you can also walk down the slope to the shingle beach area just below the hotel which is very nice for swimming and relaxing with its own sun beds. It is much quieter and more hidden than lindos beach. The room is very nice and simple and all with either a balcony or terrance. They also have a very unique bathroom! The food was fantastic and I would recommend going half board. I thought I may get bored but the variety was outstanding with soup and salads and cold meats to start, at least 4 different meats and seafood for main course and 4-5 different desserts. The breakfast also had a nice continental and cooked breakfast range. The hotel is located around 1.5miles from lindos which actually I prefered as Lindos did seem to get quite busy in the day. There is a bus stop outside the hotel which takes 2 mins and costs 1 euro 40. A taxi costs 5 euros. The hotel itself is set in the hill and has a great view of the bay below. It is also set away from the road.
Some small critical points: some of the things I expected that were advertised on the hotel website including free wireless and toweling robe and slippers were not included in a standard room. And also be aware that because of the exchange rate the drinks are quite expensive. For example, a glass of red wine and a glass of lemonade were around 7 euros.
Overall, it is a lovely hotel with friendly staff, clean tidy rooms, fantastic variety of food and stunning views.

1 Thank To_Do_Before_You_Die
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I got married at St Pauls Bay on 4th August 2008 and the location was PERFECT as was the weather hot hot hot!! We had our reception meal back at the hotel which was great and we had the upstairs area to ourselves was great as the wedding party got a bit merry into the night :-)

The hotel is fab and the rooms were great very clean we had an amazing view with our room and as I requested sea views for my family they also had nice views too. The food was amazing at the hotel by far the nicest I have experienced on holiday.

The prices of the drinks are very expensive, there was a happy hour between 5-7 and we made the most of that with our cocktails etc.

I also used the spa services for my hair and nails for the wedding my nails were excellent but my hair was very expensive just to be styled and I felt it didnt stay in very well.

There is a beach close to the hotel which is ok its not great. I wouldnt reccomend this hotel for children either, my nephew was pageboy and was quite happy with the swimming pool and the fact all the family was there however alone there is not much around for kids the 'playground' described in the brochure is shocking I wouldnt let my kids use it.

The staff are great and very friendly, we struggled during the day getting a bed around the pool and it was the case of sad people putting their towels down early in the morning too which was annoying!!

Overall I loved this holiday it was fab, I would def go back for an anniversary :-)

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Twilight1982
Walmer, England
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We stayed at the Lindos Mare for 2 weeks in September 08. The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before.
We married at The Acropolis, Lindos on 17 September and The Mare was the most perfect place to stay.
The restaurant and food was amazing, so much choice, even my fussy husband found lots he liked.
Family had stayed at The Mare in 06 and when we decided to get married, we just knew where we wanted to stay. Since then, they have added another pool, very quiet with fantstic views over the bay.
The location was perfect, a short bus ride or taxi, and the hustle and bustle of Lindos eagerly awaits you.
Fantastic hotel to have your honeymoon and all our guests who surprised us by coming out to the wedding loved it too!
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday!

• Liked — Location, location, location!
  • Disliked — Steps
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Weding
Warwick
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I wanted to write to say what a lovely week my husband and I enjoyed at the Lindos Mare hotel at the beginning of October this year. We travel quite a lot and I can honestly say that I have never met such friendly and dedicated staff. Nothing was too much trouble and we had such a relaxing time, it was hard to leave. And... to top it all, we had glorious weather throughout the whole week. I would like to express a personal thanks to Michalis , who arranged for us to have breakfast at the Lindus Blu
and to Efrosini who was the pool bar manager during the day. Both of these members of staff made us feel really special.
It was our wedding anniversary during our stay and the hotel staff decorated our room and left us a bottle of champagne, which was really nice of them. Also, regardless of where your room is, you get a fabulous view.
We would not hesitate to return to the Lindos Mare and maybe next time treat ourselves to a stay at the Lindos Blu.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Having to get a taxi to Lindos
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Kelltown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#9 of 30 in Lindos
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Lindos Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!