“Great value, super clean and friendly”
Review of Lindos Sun Hotel

Lindos Sun Hotel
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
London, United Kingdom
“Great value, super clean and friendly”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Lindos Sun offers a really great value hotel and I was bowled over by just how clean the whole hotel and grounds are. It's family run and the staff are so friendly and helpful. They have a golf buggy to take you to your room - nice touch and Wifi around pool and reception is free.

We booked a superior room with private pool which was FAB! They aren't secluded though and you can see into everyone else's pools but lovely to have all the same. These rooms are brand new and although simply furnished, they aren't just modern white boxes. Super comfy mattresses!

Food is what you would expect from a 3 star hotel (unlike the rest of the hotel which feels a bit more than that) but is plentiful. Buffet breakfast (large selection) and dinner - not much Greek food but they cater to lots of different tastes. We preferred to eat out in Lindos' amazing roof top restaurants which are great value.

The hotel is 1km from Lindos which is a bit of a pain to get to the town and beaches (don't attempt after about 10.30am - too hot!) and it's up a fairly steep hill so we resorted to taxis.

Overall the Lindos Sun is great and as I said, brilliant value. It's not the perfect location but didn't stop us having a great holiday.

Room Tip: Superior room with private pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Daisy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Oxford
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from a lovely stay here. It was our first visit and having researched hundreds (literally!) of different places to stay I was not disappointed with our choice of the Lindos Sun. We paid extra for a superior room with private pool, and it was definitely a good decision. There is a mini fridge in the room so whenever we got too hot stretched out on our sun loungers we could dip into our private pool or fetch a cool drink from the fridge.

The rooms have air con which was great as it was incredibly hot, and I have to say that the mattress was one of the comfiest I have ever encountered in a hotel. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of food choices, but they did have a tendency to run out of plates, cups, cutlery and the more popular food items later in the serving times so I would recommend you visit before 9.00 am to be guaranteed not having to wait for things to be replenished. The evening buffet was marvellous and we only ate out once as we felt that the hotel buffet offered great value and a wide choice of well cooked and tasty food. The banoffee pie in the dessert section was to die for and I'm ashamed to say I went back for seconds!

The staff could not be more helpful and as we arrived on a late evening flight they had sandwiches waiting for us as the restaurant was closed, which was a really nice touch. Our half-board option didn't include drinks, but the bar prices were really reasonable and cocktails were only 5 Euros which is pretty good so one simply had to indulge.

If I had to raise any tiny niggles there were just a couple of small points, but these are minor things. There is no mirror in the room so if checking your outfit or appearance you have to use the mirror in the bathroom which isn't full length. Also, there are no drawers in the room so underwear etc has to be folded and placed at the bottom of the hanging space. (Again, no biggie really but I did hear one gentleman at Reception getting quite annoyed about this and the staff bent over backwards to find him an additional table to put in the room.) Also, there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but this was easily solved as we popped to the supermarket down the road and bought a travel kettle, two mugs and some teabags all of which came to less than 20 Euros.

Our only other niggle was that the snack bar only has one chef working in there and he was incredibly busy so lunch took ages to arrive each time that we went there. On one occasion we waited over an hour for our food, and whilst they were really apologetic I do think the hotel should look at putting on a second chef as the poor chap was really struggling to prepare two or three different meals at the same time and we found that each person's food came out separately as he couldn't manage to prepare them all together.

All in all a lovely stay, in a restful and very pretty hotel with gorgeous sea views. We would definitely revisit and recommend it thoroughly.

Room Tip: Go for a premium room with sea view and private pool - well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank anne_and_oliver
england
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our third visit to this hotel and it gets better every year! We stayed in the superior room with a private pool and it was amazing! definitely recommend upgrading to these rooms, beautiful and simple interior and the comfiest bed, if your looking for a peaceful holiday this is definitely the place to stay. The stunning village of lindos is only a 20 minute walk away and has the most fantastic rooftop restaurants. I'm sure we will be back again very soon!

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank elisha04
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hi we stayed at the Lindos Sun at the end of June 2014, What a great decision, this is a beautiful hotel close but not to close to Lindos town. We stayed in the new section recently opened and had no complains it was excellent and the air con was great as it was 42 degrees when we arrived! The older part of the Hotel is lovely too and would have been just as nice to stay in, the pool area is beautiful and has a great snack bar, there is no rushing for a good spot as it is very relaxed.
The food is lovely and varied and the staff are always friendly and helpful, special thanks to the lovely Natalie for helping print our tickets for our return flight.
All in all I would say this is a little gem of a hotel which we would return to again, just a lovely holiday!

4 Thank George M
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from Lindos Sun last Wednesday and have stayed in a hotel close by with 4/5 stars but Lindos Sun by far the best! Felt really at ease in this hotel with a lovely relaxing atmosphere with great food, plenty to choose from ( being a vegetarian) and really friendly staff. Our room had its own private swimming pool which was a real bonus if you want your privacy. We even had our own "stars in the sky" when we turned the lights on at night. Thank you Lindos Sun for a wonderful holiday which could not be faulted at all! See you next year.

6 Thank 720Margaret55
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have just returned from Rhodes and stayed here at the Lindos Sun Hotel. This is a truly beautiful hotel and spotlessly clean. The music they play in the background creates a lovely relaxing ambience in the hotel. I asked Natasha (a few times incase she forgot ha ha) if she could oblige me with a sea view. She not only obliged the sea view but I had a stunning balcony too. The hotel is draped in pink jasmine and it really does make everywhere look stunning. I like to stay in traditional hotel's on holiday. I'm not into high rised modern hotel's. Lindos Sun was extremely traditional. In the greek colour's of blue and white washed wall's. The room and indeed the rest of the hotel was spotless. Maid's came in every morning and left fresh towel's and changed bed's daily. The dining room is exceptional and part of this for me was the lovely sea view whilst eating breakfast. I felt like I woke up in paradise everyday honestly. The breakfast buffet was impressive. Selection of cereal's, fresh milk, dried fruit's. Freshly baked seeded roll's, sliced bread for toast, Every flavour jam. Jug of local honey. Greek yoghurt, plain and strawberry. Pineapple's, peaches (tinned). Fresh local watermelon. Block's of feta, cucumber, tomatoes, ham, cheese. Bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, mushrooms. Hot drink's tea and coffee. Fruit juices. What more could you ask for. All that food mean's there is something for everyone and you get the most beautiful view whilst eating. You can eat inside or outside and the view is seen from both. The hotel has been well planned out with so many lovely little homely touches. Even the tin pots painted blue with plants in fitted the décor perfectly. I have not only fallen in love with Rhodes, I've also fallen in love with the beautiful pink jasmine. The reception area is so welcoming as are the friendly staff. One receptionist used to come into the dining room in the evening to have a little chat with holiday makers about their day. Giving great advice on sightseeing. We did only eat dinner in the hotel twice as I wanted to sample some of the Greek restaurant's. Dinner was impressive and plentiful. The pool was the cleanest pool I've ever been in. And so quiet around the pool. You can truly relax in the Lindos Sun and I would recommend it to anyone. If you want to stay near Lindos choose Lindos Sun. You won't be disappointed honestly.

I think the only thing for me (as I have lung disease and can't walk too far) that I regret is only hiring a car for 3 day's. If I stayed there again I would have the car for the whole week. There is a bus stop outside the hotel and taxi's everywhere but it's once you get off the bus as it's quite a hilly island. Not around the hotel though.

Natasha the manager is as somebody said a beautiful lady inside and out. She is so nice. And she gave me my sea view. One happy customer here. If you are trying to make your mind up where to stay. Look no further and stay here.....Oh I would also like to point out that an awful lot of places on Rhodes charge silly prices for air con. It's all included in this hotel. Which really saves you money. It wasn't noisy and very effective too. Also a fridge in the room and a very powerful hairdryer.

Room Tip: Ask Natasha via e mail for a sea view. That's what I done.
10 Thank Karen F
London England
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This place is all that has said before in reviews, I am writing this prior to checking out. The people here are a credit to customer service, and no problem is to small to be solved. The rooms are basically furnished,functional and are exceptionally clean. The food is local basic and tasty. This is true value for money. Thanks for all those in the team who made our stay to celebrate our 35th anniversary a wonderful experience. The friends we made also helped the holiday go a long as well as everyone here is so friendly. Special thanks go to Addie and Theo and the other who's name I can't remember. Keep improving team and with mikal I think you will.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CRS61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Mare Hotel
Lindos Blu
#2 of 30 in Lindos
Lindos Village Hotel & Suites
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas

Been to Lindos Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!