TUI Sensimar Lindos Bay Resort & Spa
Lindos Mare(Lindos)
Lindos Blu(Lindos)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslindos baysea viewlemon treepool barlovely hotelshingle beachrelaxing holidayhalf boardbreakfast and dinnermini marketevening entertainmenthired a carentertainment staffbeach restauranthotel lobbya la carte restaurantcost euros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My partner & i stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks at the end of June. I was really looking forward to it because it was our first holiday abroad, it was a 5 star hotel and we paid alot of money £844pp, so naturally i was expecting something great! 7

The first disappointment was that our room was one of the smallest in the hotel, understandable if the hotel was full, but it wasn't.

When we went for a walk the second day we got there we noticed there was no restuarants or bars to be found near the hotel. This ment we had to drink in the hotel which was quiet pricey (especially when they put it on a tab so you don't notice how large your bill is getting!)

The next thing was that the beach wash shingle, and VERY hot to talk on. Please take note that if u are going to walk along the beach wear trainers as the stones (yes stones, not pebbles) hurt and burn your feet very quickly. We had no indecation in the brouchure or from the travel agent that the beach was not sand.

We found that dinner meals were less than satisfactory. Most of the dishes are vegetables or fish, the chips are poor and so are the desserts. I Prayed the buffet would work on a weekly rolling basis but no such luck, i had to put up with a mixture of aweful food for the full 2 weeks. I was very disappointed as i feel the £844 that i spent on the holiday would atleast go towards some decent food.

The mini mart inside the hotel is way over priced. Take a 5 minute walk down the street to the small supermarket where prices are a little cheaper.

We tried to catch the rep on more than 5 occassions to find that she/he was no where to be seen. So if you would like to book a trip i would suggest going to the welcome meeting and booking them there and then so you know that you will definatly get to do the trips you want. We missed out on 3 trips.

Please also note that if you call a taxi to take you to Lindos the taxi drivers change the price depending on you luck. We were charged, 8 euro, 10 euro and 12 euro for the exact same trip and sometimes on the same day. We got a but to Rhodes town one day which is a real bargain at only 4 euro each. The bus stop is at the top of the hill but please take plenty of water on your journey up because it is VERY hot and its steeper than it looks. You may end up wishing you'd booked a taxi. I sure did!

The last problem which i thought was an absolute disgrace was the day of departure. We had to be out the room by 12pm and were told we could not pay to keep it any later, but we were allowed a shower room for a grand total of 30 minutes between the two of us. Which i hope the women out there will understand 30 minutes between two people to get showered, dryed and changed, is cutting it fine! we sat around the hotel till 2am (a total of 14 hours) when our coach picked us up at 2:30am.The worst part is when we got on the coach there was not enough seats and my partner had to stand up the whole journey to the airport (which is 45mins) needless to say we were appaled at Thomas Cook's customer service.

The hotel was average and Thomas Cook were less than poor. P.S cleaning staff were amazing!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne B
Reviewed 2 September 2011

As repeaters of the Mareblue group, we were upgraded to a corner suite. It was a really nice surprise and we thoroughly enjoyed the upgrade. The suites consist of 2 rooms; a living room and a bedroom. There was of course a bathroom as well and a sea facing balcony. The bathroom had a shower in a bath tub rather than a cubicle. I prefer cubicles, but the shower was good and the pressure of the water was immense.

This was a very good stay. We booked a short 1 week trip at this hotel and enjoyed almost every minute of it.

The hotel was around a 1 hour bus transfer from the airport. Around 45 kms. Vlycha, where the hotel is sutated, is in my opinion the best beach in Rhodes. Yes it is a pebble beach, but it is not crowded, has a couple of kiosks serving drinks & snacks and the water is crystal clear. I went to Glystra, Faliraki, Agathi, Prassonisi but found Vlycha to be the best. As a hotel guest, you have complimentary sun beds on the beach with an umbrella to each 2 sun beds. Each umbrella has a button which you press to call a waiter who will come and take your order and then serve you at your sun bed. I really liked this, Very nice touch.

The hotel is very clean and well run. It is not a new build, rather a renovated and refurbished property. When we first arrived, we were a bit concerned as it looks like a massive white block like the hotels of the eighties that have ruined coasts the world over. But it is more environmentally friendly to renovate rather than demolish and rebuild. The interior was nicely done up. Half of the rooms are sea view and the other half are land view, which were also not bad, just cheaper and overlooking another resort and a couple of hills. The rooms are clean, well furnished, air conditioned and elegant. Safes cost 20 Euros per week.

The Suite gave us more space and it was truly enjoyable. It was equipped with a TV, a/c, hair dryer, bathroom, mini fridge (buy your own alcohol & snacks from supermarkets to save money), double bed, balcony and ocean view. It can get very hot in Rhodes so the a/c was well appreciated. I am also delighted to declare that the mattress was great. I normally get back pains, but this mattress was soft enough for my wife and also firm enough for my back. I slept very well.

The hotel has a beautiful Spa that we never used and a tiny gym. I would not call it a proper gym as it only has 1 multi gym machine and 1 tread mill. People's houses have more equipment than that.

The food at the hotel was good. We were on half board basis so breakfast & dinner was included. Both meals were served at main restaurant by the pool. I find the layout of the buffet to be quite bad. Unlike it's sister hotel in Kefalonia, this buffet was all jumbled up. Right beside the desserts you will find the selection of salad condiments and right beside the healthy dishes, you will find the desserts! The space is pretty limited but I do think they could have planned the layout a little better. People kept knocking into eachother while serving themselves. I would suggest putting the desserts by the bread section, leave the salads where they are and let the remainder of the dishes flow accordingly. The food was always fresh, well cooked and a decent variety. For breakfast they always had fresh fruits, preserved fruits with Greek yogurt, fried eggs, omlettes, sausages, bacon, baked beans, pastries, selection of breads, etc... So they had a good selection whether you wanted a fry up or a healthier continental breakfast. Most nights they had a theme night: Italian, Greek, Mediterranean, Asian etc... and the choice was decent. Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish & Turkey was always available cooked in a variety of ways. They also had a local Greek speciality every dinner as well as a salad buffet and soups. For a person like me who prefers ethinc asian and spicy food, I found the food quite neutral. It can get monotonous. I wouldn't say bland because when meats & veggies are well cooked, they have their own flavour and here they were well prepared. I had brought my own chilli sauce with me so I could spice up everything to me liking.

Eventhough we were on half board, we ate almost all of our lunches and dinners outside the hotel. In comparison to prices in Switzerland and in London, eating out is very cheap in Rhodes. I strongly suggest you eat most of your meals outside as hotel food is never ever as good as independent restaurants.

Service was good, drinks were served fast and plates were cleared equally quickly. Kyrgiakos was a great waiter and Kristina was excellent too. Really cute friendly person.

Lunch was served at the beach restaurant. The selection was also good: pizzas, sandwiches, salads, gyros, souvlaki, steaks, etc... The food was good quality and well prepared and service was decent. They were a bit slow, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. We preferred to go to the end of the beach (facing the sea to the left) and have lunch at the kiosk. There are 2 of them, go to the last one. The ladies are really friendly and serve light snacks. On other occassions we went to the other end of the beach, got on to the road and ate at the Lemon Tree bar and restaurant. Very good Greek food and cheap. Far better than at the hotel because it is authentic and you are supporting a local business. The head waiter was a joy and cracked quite a few jokes.

Some evenings they had some form entertainment; Greek dancing, singers, etc.. We just enjoyed having a couple of cocktails by the beach bar listening to the ocean,.

The pool deck is relatively small as most people spend the day at the beach.

All the employees were very friendly and we noticed that a lot of them were either Bulgarian, Polish or Romanian. They all spoke excellent English and were very nice people as well a sthe local Rhodian employees. I didn't meet any management but the hotel was well run so good job to them. One person at the reception was not so friendly and a bit lazy but apart from that, everyone was great. I will not mention his name, but you know who you are my friend. The next time a guest wants a safe or wants you to organize bill, do it immediately rather than repeatedly asking them to come back the next day during some one else's shift!

The island is nice and quite busy. Rhodes has had tourism for many years so it can get quite busy. Lindos was our favorite location and is only 10 minutes away by car. By taxi it's a 20 Euro round trip. I suggest renting a car and driving around the island. We went to Prassonisi (excellent for kite surfers, great fresh fish), Siana (local schnapps called Souma), Rhodes city (loads of history, cultue & shopping), Lindos (gorgeous, amazing restaurants for dinner), Faliraki (terrible trash tourism and over-crowded) and Epta Piges (lush cool haven amidst the heat). I would HIGHLY recommend hiring a car for at least 2-3 days and drive around the island visiting the sights and villages. If you don't, you will be missing out on a lot. You can hire a car from the hotel or for a few euros less, go to HB in Vlycha and hire one from them. We hired a small car for 145 Euros for 3 days, all taxes and insurance included. Little pricey, but it was high season.

Driving is easy, most of the time the speed limit is 50kmh.

My honest opinion, Kefalonia is a better island than Rhodes to holiday in. It is less touristic, has much more beautiful beaches, better landscape and a better time in all. If I go back to a Greek island, it will be back to Kefalonia.

All in all, the hotel is great, the island very nice, the food outstanding and the people very warm and full of culture. Mareblue well done once again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Smoke_Trees
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We have just returned from a 14 night holiday to the Mareblue lIndos Bay, the hotel is amazing and very luxurious, the waiter staff in the restaurant are the most helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The down side to this hotel is the mini bar in the room and I advise if you have no intention of using this service you get them to empty it on your first day of arrival. We never used it howver we wer charged for water as they were adament we had used it( We had not) and after speaking to other english guests they too had been charged for items they had not had. I am sure this is a scam they are doing here, but when you argue it you have no leg to stand on as you cannot prove it was or was not in there. You also need to be aware that the drinks in this hotel are very expensive so you need to make sure that you budget for this when travelling. Half a pint of lager was around 2.60 euros and a kids cocktail was 6.50.
All in all this is a fantastic place to holiday of you want a tranquil setting with not much to do.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Emma A
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Mareblue lindos Bay hotel for our honeymoon in August 2011.

The hotel itself is very modern and well maintained. Its situated in Lindos Bay which is 10 minutes by Car/Bus from Lindos town. The hotel is in an ideal location for people looking to relax as the resort itself is relatively small and quiet. Within the resort there are 2 mini markets and several small hotels with restaurants and bars which are available to non residents.

We were on a half board basis with the hotel which includes buffet breakfast and dinner but it is possible to swap dinner for lunch if you want to venture out for a change of scene. We found the variety of food within the restaurant to be adequate for a buffet. The hotel arranged theme nights e.g Mexican, Italian, Indian which perhaps was not to our liking as we wished to sample local cuisine. They also have an al a carte restaurant which if you book with Thomas Cook are able to get one night free of charge as a replacement for the buffet. The food within the a la carte restaurant was excellent and a nice change for the normal buffet which can become repetitive.

The accommodation was excellent. We stayed in a standard room which was cleaned to a high standard daily. We were provided with fresh towels daily. We also requested a sea view which we highly recommend as the front of the hotel looks onto the sea and pool area. The rooms are also air conditioned.

The bar within the hotel is stylish if slightly overpriced but I would recommend trying their cocktails. When you book with Thomas cook you are also entitled to a % off the bar drinks.

In relation to the location of this hotel, we were able to make trips on a regular basis to Lindos as a bus service is provide which picks up from the hotel entrance and drops you in Lindos Town centre. The bus service can be unreliable on certain occasions but still fulfils its purpose. We also were able to visit Rhodes town centre as the bus picks you up again at the hotel entrance and drops you in Rhodes town centre.

Taxis are available - Hotel to Lindos €12 and coming back Lindos to Hotel €8
Hotel to Rhodes €65

There is a private beach available to residents of the hotel free of charge which is very clean and again well maintained. You also have the opportunity for a bar/food service from the comfort of your sunbed which is an excellent service. The sea water is perfectly safe to swim in as its clear, calm and warm.

The hotel also has 2 outdoor pools which on occasion can be overpopulated by children and therefore is not ideal if you want to relax.

There is a beach bar within the complex. This is where you would eat if you swapped a dinner for a lunch. I personally would not recommend this facility as the food was not of an adequate standard for a 4 star hotel. But if you have swapped your dinner for the lunch you have no choice. There are a couple of options of pasta dishes which I would recommend above any of the other options.

If you are looking to lunch in the resort I would highly recommend Azzuro which is situated 5 minutes walk from the hotel towards Lindos. The food and drink prices in Lindos bay are far from cheap, however if you choose wisely and stick to half carafes of wine rather than bottles the damage is not too substantial.

There is also the Lemon Tree which is good for a casual drink or again lunch or dinner.

There are many positive aspects in regards to this hotel such as polite attentive staff, and relaxed atmosphere, however I must point out that this hotel as with all hotels that cater for the residents with a buffet the food can become monotonous.

Room Tip: sea view is a must
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GemmaUK1
MareblueHotels, Sales executive at TUI Sensimar Lindos Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for choosing Mareblue Lindos Bay Beach Resort & Spa to spend your Honeymoon. We are really happy to see that you enjoyed your holidays and that you appreciated the room cleanliness, the relaxing atmosphere, the overall food quality and the staff's commitment. We also find your tips to be useful for future guests who would like to organise their future vacation in our Resort.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to Mareblue Lindos Bay Beach Resort & Spa.

Kind Regards
Sales Department
Mareblue Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 26 August 2011

As per the title very high quality hotel and services ideally for family vacations.

• Stayed: August 2011