“Lovely, quiet, clean hotel, perfect for relaxation”

and 1 more site!
TUI Sensimar Lindos Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We experienced consistantly good service from helpful, friendly, happy staff.

Rooms are recently refurbished, modern in style and spotlessly clean. I would recommend paying a little extra for a sea view, it's incomparable to the 'mountain view' rooms on the other side. The hotel is situated right on the beach, so the sea view rooms have uninteruppted views of the bay (and gorgeous sunrise if you're up early enough). Rooms are spacious, beds are firm and comfortable, balconies large, and showers hot and powerful.

All the hotel is very clean, they employ an absolute army of cleaners who dust, scrub and polish literally every surface, every day.

Hotel pool is good, large enough to swim lengths in, and plenty of space with loungers around to sunbathe.

The hotel do ask you to dress for dinner, to avoid shorts/vests in the restaurant, and not to hang towels over the balcony. We thought it was good that the hotel was trying to maintain some decorum.

The location is quiet, this hotel is not in a resort as such, so not a good choice if you want lots to do. My only criticism is that there was nowhere really to wander in the evening. It's a quiet drink at this hotel or one of the few others on this bay or an early night! However, Lindos is closeby, 4km, and taxis are cheap and plentiful, either from the hotel (9 euros) or the main road (5 euros). We found Lindos itself, while beautiful, to be a bit touristy. The bars tend to cater for 'English' tastes (which can be a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view), restaurants tend to all try to encourage you to go in from the street, and the shops seem to all sell the same combination of lovely jewellery/ceramics and tacky souveniers! Nevertheless, Lindos is pretty for a walk and a drink, and the acropolis is definitely worth a visit during daytime (but get there early!) If you like lots of activities or are there longer than a week I would recommend a car hire to see more of the island.

The advantage of the location is that this hotel doesn't attract the sort of crowd who want to drink as much as possible, generally cause as much irritation as possible to everyone else, and make me ashamed to be English. All the guests here are well-mannered and polite!

The beach is beautiful. Although not private (Greek beaches are all public), the hotel supply good quality loungers and umbrellas (no charge), the sea is stunning, clear and calm, and if you're feeling particularly lazy, the hotel also offer a call button on each umbrella, for you to summon drinks and snacks.

My only criticism of the hotel would be the food. We stayed half board, but the included evening meal is buffet style, and in my opinion very average. Having said this, I'm told that for Greece the food was quite good, and I guess it's no different from any other buffet-style fair on offer at similar hotels. An alternative is the hotel's a la carte restaurant, set overlooking the beach. The service here is impeccable, the food pretty good, and it's a lovely setting for a romantic meal. However, it's not particularly cheap (approx 35 euros for two courses, not including wine). If you're staying half board, you do get 12 euros per person allowance towards this cost, but be sure to tell your waiter that up front, as once the food has been ordered, they cannot apply the reduction (I have no idea why!). The lunchtime snack bar is also very good, and good value at approx 5-10 euros for a pasta/risotto/pizza/kebab etc.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples who want sunshine and relaxation in a comfortable hotel and nice setting.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeeZane

Reviewed 29 September 2009

I was very impressed with the hotel, we had a sea view room which was spotlessly clean and came with complimentary drinks and fruit. I also thought the dressing gowns in the hotel were a nice touch especially to wear if you fancied an early morning swim.

I personally found the location was a bit too far out of Lindos and the taxi's did add up albeit there was a bus service through the day but if you were content to spend your time at the hotel the facilities were fantastic, decent sized pool and a small indoor pool with decking area outside. The hotel is right on the beach which was kept immaculate.

On the food front I thought they had a decent choice but my partner did struggle as he is vegetarian and it was a bit uninspired on the vegetarian front, so we did swap the evening meal for a lunchtime meal a few times and ate out in Lindos.

The Spa was a pleasure to visit and all in all this was a very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My wife and I have just returned from the Lindos Bay Hotel after two weeks stay, and thought the hotel was fantastic and excellent value for money. The hotel was spotless and the staff all very friendly.
The hotel was everything the brochure said it would be, and more. The rooms are lovely, spacious and comfortable with the added bonus of fridge, air-con and safe free of charge. I advise that you book a sea view, the small extra cost is well worth it.
I unfortunately was taken ill and hospitalised whilst out there and the staff where up to the challenge with lots of help and understanding. My wife was overwhelmed with the kindness of all in a very difficult situation.
I really couldn't fault the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Well, what can i say, the hotel is in a fantastic location, adult focused which we liked, we
had two older children travelling with us. I would recommend booking a seaview room,
these are spacious and very clean, a nice touch was the fruit and wine and fridge which
was complimentary. The hotel was on a half board basis, and if you wanted to swap your evening meal for lunch you could, the food was high quality and the service was
excellent we had no problems getting a table and the staff were very attentive when ordering drinks. The drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel and service always came with a smile especially michael and maria at the pool bar. One night we went to the a la
carte restaurant and food and service was excellent, I would recommending treating yourselves and experiencing the restaurant. We also used the spa facilities and my son used the gym. My husband and I had massages which were very relaxing and just added to the whole holiday experience. At the end of the day you pay for what you get, and what we got was a brilliant holiday and the managers spyros and christos were fantastic and gave us a really warm welcome. I would definately recommend this hotel to my customers and have already booked some for next year. Hopefully I can return in the near future, in fact i did not want to come home!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank janetravelsKent
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Visited this hotel with my wife and 2 children, aged 10 and 6 years. Is this a good hotel? Well, that depends on what you are looking for. I would not say that this hotel is geared towards families with children. Our two are fairly resourceful and make their own fun, as long as they have a pool they are reasonably happy. But, the brochure described the hotel as having an 'exciting entertainments programme', but we found no day time entertainment and what was on offer in the evening, when it happened, was very poor to say the least. It must be one of the few occasions when I was thankul that the children had brought their Nintendo DS games with them, because even I was getting bored.
Even though the exchange rate is poor this hotel is not cheap, particularly for drinks. 3 euros 50 for a large beer, 15 euros for house wine,and 5 euros for a short made me a tad envious of our friends who went all inclusive in the north of the island.
The hotel is clean, rooms spotless, food of a high standard and with good variety. I think this hotel is more for couples, which may be borne out by the fact that the dining tables were ever only set for two people, we always had to ask for two extra place settings.
This hotel is stylish and the communal areas show it is trying hard to be contemporary. Most of the staff are obliging and helpful, though I certainly felt that some guests were favoured more than others by certain senior staff members.
We were really impressed with the setting of this hotel. We had concerns as this is a pebbly beach which gets really hot and is impossible to walk on bare footed. However, the plus side is you and the kids don't end up taking half the beach back in your suit case. The sea here is crystal clear for a good distance out. Good advice is to pay extra and get a room with a sea view, it really is worth it. I know it's a holiday, but get up at sunrise, around 6.30 ish in August. Normally on hoilday I wouldn't entertain the idea of getting up so early, but it was a quite spectacular sight.
This is a perfect holiday for couples who want a get away from it all break who aren't too bothered about organised entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We booked one week half board here for the last week in August with my Mum and my son then aged 10yrs. We had a fabulous time...visited Lindos by day and night....went to Rhodes town on the bus then returned via taxi, had a glass bottom boat trip from the beach, used pedaloes and kayaks.....the ONLY down side was the beach is small pebbles not sand so take suitable footwear. The staff could not have been more helpful, the weather was great and we found the greeks very very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2009

just back from 7 nights on late deal, with wife.

This is a decent 4 star and no more.

There are no major issues but quite a few niggly ones:
The food is good if somewhat samey each night. They only seem to label some of the food on offer which is very confusing when looking for non meat dishes. Staff can appear too keen to clear your plates between courses. Not sure if this is attention to service or to chivy you along! Only 2 very small lifts. They charge for the gym which is part of spa. Up to 10 euro for gym is out of order. Drinks at bars are expensive.

Rooms are large and cleaned daily. Free safes and fridge in room. Air con worked fine. Hotel right on pebbly beach but has decent fresh water pool. The real downside is the lack on any real entertainment, especially for kids or teenagers. There is a very enthusiastic guy that organises a few daily pool games but at night you have poor singing synth combos types. Lindos is a 7-10 euro taxi away and that mounts up every night. Buses are not reliable as far as I can see and most only stop at top of very steep climb to road. Staff are generally friendly.
If all you want is a quiet sun based holiday with decent food and decent accommodation it's fine. I cannot understand why people book here with kids, it must bore them to death.

Tips: There is a great taverna right at the bottom of the road (left out of doors) that you should use at night. They have really friendly staff, good music and the drinks are half the price of the hotel. Book your shower room well in advance for your last day. Use the hotel lobbly mini market for drinks in the day as they are half the price. Visit Lindos, Rhodes Old Town and the South and West of the island. Use the German SIXT car hire in the lobby which was over 20 euro per day cheaper than Thomas Cook option. You can get bottles of wine opened at bar but best to take your own corkscrew. In Lindos there is free shuttle bus up and down the hill which most people aren't aware of. When its 40 degrees you'll need it.

This was our first time in Rhodes and to be honest was not impressed with the island in general. Too dirty and full of of half completed property no pavements and litter everywhere. I have a theory that they do not have ruins, it's just how far they got before they went off to start another job.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple