“Can't wait to return!”

TUI Sensimar Lindos Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My friend and I recently spent 11 nights at the lovely Mareblue Lindos Bay Beach Resort & Spa situated in the bay of Vlicha, just about 3km from Lindos. We were allocated a lovely twin bedded room on the 4th floor overlooking the Aegean sea, the views from our balcony were stunning, The hotel is very classy with spacious lounges, bars, reception area, the main buffet restaurant is lovely, has an outside terrace and an excellent choice of food and beverages, There are lots of activities including a lovely spa, although we enjoyed lazy days on the beach or relaxing by the pool, and of course having a glass or two of Metaxa! All the Staff at the hotel were cheerful, friendly and most helpful, as were Manager and Assistant, who we had the pleasure of meeting whilst we were there.
Some guests thought the hotel a bit isolated, as we did after the first few days, that was until we spent a busy day in the old town of Rhodes. It was fascinating and we loved it, but it was heaven to return to our relaxing peaceful hotel in Vlicha. We visited Lovely Lindos several times, explored the fantastic Acropolis, browsed around the shops and sampled a few restaurants where we enjoyed local cuisine and local wine of course.
All in all I would highly recommend the Mareblue Lindos Bay Beach Resort and my friend and I looking forward to returning in 2011!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank midnitedancer

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Returned last night from 11 nights in Lindos staying at the Mare Blue. Could not have picked a better time to go. Hotel in a wonderful location with stunning views. The room was lovely and the maid service was fantastic. We stayed on a half board basis and the food improved during our stay. We arrived in the early hours of Sunday May 2nd and the hotel had just opened for the season. There were only about 30 people staying at the hotel but towards the end of our stay in did get busy. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff worked very hard and were very friendly. We went out twice for a meal at the Kalypso restaurant which we did not know at the time was owned by the parents of Penny the beauty therapist at the hotel. We received excellent service and the food was fabulous. Would highly recommend that you visit this rooftop restaurant in Lindos at least once. Some people thought the hotel was too far from Lindos but I did not agree. It cost 12euros for a taxi to pick us up from the hotel and take us into Lindos and it cost us 8 euros back. I guess this could add up if you went into Lindos every day. But trust me, you will be quite happy on the beach or around the pool at the hotel taking just a few visits into Lindos. We got around the cost of the taxi by sharing with two other people and this way the taxi only cost 3 euros there and 2 euros back. Lindos beach is beautiful and St. Pauls Bay is a must. We took a bus to Rhodes Town one day which was very comfortable and cost 4 euros 60. Rhodes Old Town is beautiful and worth a visit. The entertainment at the hotel was nice. One evening there was wine tasting and another night we had Greek dancers.
Overall, I hightly rate this hotel and can't wait to go back. May is the perfect time to go as the weather was very good and it would just be too hot and crowded later on in the year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2009

holiday in Rhodes
Moved last minute to Mareblue Bay Resort and Spa as Lindos Royal closed early for the season. This was an upgrade for us to a fantastic hotel. Very luxurious with wonderful views over the bay, free sunbeds on the beach and wonderful surroundings. This hotel is great if you are looking for a chilled out holiday and enjoy the facilities that a spa can offer. Candles in the evening around the pool making this a very romantic location. For half board the food choice is very good and you have the opportunity to eat outside overlooking the bay, pure joy for ambiance. Downside, very expensive drinks twice as much as the local bar. Nowhere to walk and out of season only just one local bar to go to. The location is only 5 mins by taxi to Lindos at 7 euros but this is about the only local place you can get to easily. In summer this may not be a problem as the days are longer and going further afield may not be an issue ,but in October it gets dark at 6pm and for the evening there are no shops or local bars to choose from so we felt very cut off. There is also only one bus per day that stops outsde the hotel which again would not be an issue if you hired a car.

Helpful tips for holidaying here
Lemon Tree bar just 50 metres from the hotel is a great place for a change. Good bar prices and a friendly atmosphere. If you travel to Lindos there are two beaches one big and one small. If you go to the small beach, the last bar/cafe before the sea, can't remember the name but it begins with "s" is fantastic value. Toastee with salad and chips under 3 euros and was lovely.
If you walk out of the hotel and turn right, there is a carpark where the taxis wait and clearly display fixed prices. If you book through the hotel they charge at least 3 euros to book for you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayqueenBristol
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We spent a fabulous week at the Lindos Bay Hotel at the beginning of October. We were staying there to attend our daughter's wedding and have a nice break ourselves.
It was obvious that it was the end of season, there were no queues for food etc. There were no young children and the whole place had an air of calm. We found the rooms and the service very good, the food excellent, being able to choose quantity and type easily. The staff were very pleasant, efficient and friendly too. Our experience was a complete pleasure.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SylviaH1
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We booked with Thomas Cook to visit this hotel in October 2009. We used TripAdvisor to find a hotel suitable for our needs and this hotel was the best that Thomas Cook did in the area (review-wise).

Tripadvisor came up trumps. We got exactly what we thought we were going to get.

__Good Points__
Hotel immaculate. It's a 4-star hotel, but 5-star cleanliness.
Beautiful hotel, marble everywhere. 5-star feel to it !
Rooms are lovely. Not 100% sure, but I think every room has its own living room area and balcony.
Food - We didn't want half board (just B+B would have been fine (or so we thought)), but the hotel's beautiful location forces you to eat in (with the exception of a single cafe/restaurant 200m away), so it turned out that the forced half-board (with Thomas Cook) was spot on. The food was very tasty indeed. Huge variety of dishes. You'd have to be a VERY fussy eater to not find something you liked. Vegetarians also seemed well catered for. Only complaint - the odd dish was over-salted.
Staff - Generally very nice and helpful but see Bad Points (also)

__Bad Points__ (I feel guilty for putting these, because we had such a lovely holiday)
Staff - I'm nitpicking here, but the staff were a bit lax at clearing away dirty plates and setting up new tables.
NO ROOM SERVICE. I should learn but 4-star in Europe doesn't mean room service like it does in the UK. Sometimes, it's nice to not have to get dolled up for some food.
Spa Area - We visited it on the first day and we're told that the pool heater was broke. My wife is disabled, so a hot swim has huge therapeutic value so big disappointment.
Single Cockroach - I only saw ONE cockroach throughout the whole holiday and I am hypersensitive to them 'cos my wife hates them. It wasn't in the bedroom and my wife didn't see it otherwise this would have been a very different review. It was behind the bar in the reception area. It crawled up a marble column and slid under the work surface. It was a biggie, but it was the ONLY one I saw, so for hot climes, that is a result !

In summary, we had a great holiday. The good points far outweighed the bad and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We were a party of 10 and had booked 5 seaview rooms with First Choice for my daughters wedding in Lindos.My elderly parents were also in our party with walking difficulties and were celebrating there diamond wedding whilst myself and husband our ruby.We purposely booked this hotel to ensure the seaviews and paid due supplements amounting to 500 pound.On our arrival on the Saturday evening we were told that no seaview rooms were available and that we could move on the Monday.This we accepted although really dissapointed.
Monday came and we were told that once again no rooms were available.This was incredibly dissapointing as our room was over looking the air conditioning tanks and all the rooms were in total darkness at night with no views what so ever .During the day my parents had planned to watch all of us round the pool but instead looked out at a mountain.
We asked to speak to the manager and complained but he could only offer my parents a move later that day and the other 4 rooms on the Wednesday.
Bearing in mind that my daughter was getting married on the Thursday this was terribly dissapointing as we were all living out of our suitcases.
We spoke to the First Choice rep that night who immediately went on the defensive stating that this was not FCs fault but the hotels.I tried to explain our dissapointment and explained that as we had booked with them as our agents they should take some responsibility, but she talked over me and she actually said to my daughter (she did not realise) "I don't like how SHE spoke to me"My daughter said in an extremely calm manner that she was over reacting and being VERY sensitive" I was truly amazed as I never raised my voice and was asking for help
She eventually agreed to speak to her Manager to try to resolve the matter and I must admit she appeared to be genuinely sorry for her remarks
Wednesday came and we went to reception, only to be once again told that our party had not been allocated seaview rooms. 12 other couples all with FC HAD been allocated a move who were in the same situation as ourselves
All 10 of our party demanded to see the manager and we were taken to his office.He told us that reception had got it wrong (they had not) and offered to upgrade my daughter to a suite,a move by 1pm for the rest of our party.A free bar for one night and a 2 day car hire.We were also given a meal in the al a carte which in itself was disastorous with no choice available as the chef had to go by 9pm and as we were a large party we could be sat there until 11pm waiting for our meal! We had pre booked this meal for a 7pm start so WHY 11
This upset was never about compensation as all we wanted was what we had booked and paid for 11 months earlier to ensure a great holiday and wedding for our daughter.
I feel that both the hotel and FC let down what should have been a truly memorable holiday.We were all left thoroughly dissapointed but fortunately the wedding day on the Thursday with reception at Lindian Gulf surpassed everything! It was tremendous and the weather for our 2 weeks was brilliant, often reaching over 30 degrees
All I need to say is that if you book seaview rooms don't expect to get them.If you are lucky enough you will definitely not be dissapointed.The rooms themselves are brilliant and the waiting staff and food are exceptional. Please bear in mind that drinks are very expensive with one shot of gin being 5.5 euros and a tonic 2.75 euros in the hotel
You most definitely need a car or you will need to grab a taxi to go into Lindos at night as there is nothing except for the Lindian Gulf or the Lemon Tree to go out to at night.
On our first night my parents were exhausted and I rang reception to say that there were no glasses or water in there room only to be told "Then come down for some" There is no room service or care from this hotel.You also have to pay to use the fitness room.
The pool area and sunbeds are immaculate and plentiful

Overall as a large party we put our initial dissapointment behind us and did enjoy the rest of our holiday.It may seem a small point expecting seaviews but after paying out nearly 10k to book a dream hotel with exceptional views we were left feeling thoroughly let down by FC.
If you are getting married or celebrating a special occasion then stay at Lindos Mare where apparently the service and care is second to none. This was our initial first choice but due to the hilly position we decided against it because of my parents.
We will never again travel with First Choice whose level of customer care was sadly lacking.We have travelled on many holidays with them including long haul but since merging with Thomson ??????? What a dissapointment.

Please please be aware!!

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Booked with First Choice and apart from the fact that we arrived in Rhodes at about 4 in the morning we were met and transferred to our hotel with excellent efficiency.
On arriving we were just given the key to our room. We thought that the air conditioning had been switched off due to the lateness of the season so we spent an unconfortable time trying to get to sleep till I got up and opened the balcony window to look at the sunrise and found that the air con turned on when I closed it, it hadn't been closed before. Apart from that everything else was excellent.
As we were towards the end of the season it wasn't as crowed and we did not have any problems of tables etc at breakfast where you could feast like a King.
We changed our evening meal for lunch four of the six nights, once for a packed lunch, which was bread rolls, a tin of luncheon meat and a tin of tuna, six pieces of fruit and four bottles of water, however it is a good job I took the knife we had in our room as spreading the butter and cutting slices of the tinned meat would have been hard without.
We had three of the lunches in the restaurant by the pool, the ticket only allowed you to take from the self service which was a bit limiting but by the last time there were so few guests they had removed the self service and we could have a snack from the menu, OK but watch out as they will charge for any drinks you have including water.
The room was kept spotless and the nice touch of a couple of bottles of beer in the fridge and a half bottle of wine was appreciated.
You can walk along the beach to the other hotels, where my daughter and son were staying, but you do not walk by the road and certainly not to Lindos which is about 3km away.
We took a taxi to Lindos but were charged €12 for four of us, I think that was too much, we caught the bus back about €1.50 each.
I had hired a car for some of the time using Rodos Cars, I found them on the Internet.
€240 for a Nissan Note for 6 days, car had done 41,000Km so not 'new' as they claimed but the car was spotless. (at the airport they wanted up to €600 for the same) We went to Rodos for the day and when we came back had two flat tyres, he came out in about 30 mins, one tyre had deflated due to a very badly dented rim which he fixed and re-inflated the other had a screw in it. As he was unable to effect a repair he gave us his car, another Note with similar mileage, excellent service. The roads in Rhodes are not that good and the main road from Rodos to Lindos is being widened however the drivers are totally MAD, they have one speed, which is dictated by the state of the road and not the speed limit, so if 100km/h seems fine because of the road surface then they totally ignore EVERY speed limit and will overtake you in a 50 limit or an 80 etc etc, the taxis as the worst, they also totally ignore continuous white lines, overtaking quite freely and also Stop signs. Motorcyclist don't bother wearing crash helmets and cyclists are happy without lights at night!!!!!
As others have said the hotel is NOT in Lindos.
Lindos is totally geared up for tourists, the top car park is full of coaches each day , there is a FREE bus but walking down the hill is fine and you can catch the free bus back up.
The town is FULL of tourists but there is a very nice picture shop close to the entrance to the town, do go up the Acropolis, a €6 entrance fee but wonderful views, a donkey up there is €5 per person if you must but it is not that difficult.
Plenty of restaurants but none I would recomment except Marias.
Hotel charged €45 for us to keep our room up to midnight on the departure day which was 00.45 the next morning but you do get your evening meal.
Pool manager was fine about our daughter and our son joining us on the poolside when we wanted, we just asked, at the hotel down the road they charged us €4 per person to use the relaxers. I have to say though that the hotel was nearly desserted as we were there up to the 14th October and it closes for the winter on 2 Nov, it was similar in the restaurants which were largely empty.
The hotel was built 30 yrs ago and starting to show its age, and yes the small lifts could be a hinderence when it is busy.
The entertainment each night was not wonderful but you could hear it well from your balcony, DO get a room with a sea view, it is stunning. Air con and safe are included.
It is NOT geared up for children and yes most tables are only set for two. The waiters are very attentive and very pleasant.
Many dishes on the self service are not marked so it was a bit of a problem for my vegetarian wife but if you take your time you could feast every night there, soup, self selected starters, main courses and sweets and/or self served ice cream. We put on a total half a stone between us on this holiday and we were trying to limit our intake.
Local wine is poor, we are spoilt as we live in France.
There is a spa which we did not use, nor did we try the A La Carte restaurant after others comments.
There were three computers in a secluded area of reception, €2 per half hour, perfectly adequate for checking e-mails etc

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple