“gem of a place in great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lambis Studios

Lambis Studios
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Lindos
London, United Kingdom
“gem of a place in great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Some of our wedding guests and family stayed here and so we were here alot. My mum's room was great, spacious and clean with a lovely front garden area. Staff are warm and attentive and the views are great. It's about a ten minute walk into town so fine unless you like to wear high heals like me!!
We ate at the snack bar a couple of times and the prices were good as was the food. we would definitely stay here in the future and i'm pretty sure our family and friends would too.

Room Tip: I'm guessing the rooms by the pool could be noisy in high season so older people may want an apa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My Wife, 2 Children and I spent the first week of June at the Lambis Studios. We all enjoyed the Holiday very much and would thoroughly recommend the Lambis Studios. The setting is very relaxed and this is complemented by the warm welcome offered by all of the staff at the Lambis, nothing is too much trouble but the atmosphere is unpretentious and friendly. During our stay the staff were also very friendly with my children (which I think they enjoyed as much as my kids!!). The pool and bar area is quiet, clean and has a small children’s play area with a couple of swings and a slide (for children up to 6 or 7 I would think), the bar area also offers some reasonably priced, reasonable quality food. Our accommodation was spacious with a small kitchen area, modern fridge, kettle, toaster and couple of hotplates. There was a separate shower room and toilet, one small criticism is that I did find it a little difficult to shower the children as the door way into the shower was a little small (this is however being hyper-critical). The main room of the apartment also had a large table and a triple wardrobe and in our case twin beds (although this would be a sofa if there are only two guests). The main bedroom had a large (bigger than a standard double) bed, dressing table and another wardrobe, this leads onto a small balcony with a table and a couple of chairs. The accommodation was comfortable, well maintained and clean with a maid cleaning the rooms daily, I think that our towels were changed twice during the week which is acceptable to me! The location of the Lambis studios was excellent in my opinion, it is located on top of the hill above Lindos and has a great view of the acropolis. It is a short (10 min) walk into to Lindos square, I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who had difficulty walking - however I probably wouldn't recommend Lindos to someone who had difficulty walking! I did not visit the main Lindos beach but did walk down to the slightly closer St. Pauls Bay, this is a beautiful, small enclosed bay with very little current, great for swimming and relaxing, sunbeds are €4 per day but nice and comfortable - the walk back up will definitely require a drink and possible even an Ice Cream to get you through it though !! you have been warned !! The studios are self catering and Lindos has lots of good restaurants (they are not really cheap though) however if you need to visit a supermarket there are a number of small tourist supermarkets along the main road, these are however quite expensive and don't hold the biggest range of stock, if you have a car I would recommend that you take the short drive north to Kalathos which has a more familiar type of supermarket on the left hand side just before you get to Kalathos centre, It has a logo like a giant orange (information only because I drove past it twice before realising what it was !!!) We all had a wonderful time in Rhodes and felt that the Lambis was a great place for us to explore Lindos and the Island from ! Many Thanks to all the staff and hope to see you again some day !!

Room Tip: The rooms away from the pool have a better view and are quiter, but they have a bigger hill to climb...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stiff_Legs
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

WE have just returned from a wonderful holiday staying at the LAMBIS STUDIOS in LINDOS RHODES Vangelis and Dimitri are great hosts and make you feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is splendid with lovely views over Lindos, conveniently situated for Lindos and the restaurants and lovely shops. THE Apartment we had was clean and spacious , lovely pool in nice setting, Sundays GREEK NIGHT good fun, go and enjoy yourselves as we did.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary F
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have just returned from the Lambis studios with my wife and young daughter and all I can say is that our 2nd stay here bettered our 1st, Christean and Dimitrious were more than helpful throughout our entire stay here and my daughter loved them both.
I booked the holiday myself this time using various firms and because of this we ended up with a room in the block at the top of the hill but these rooms are actually much bigger than the rooms around the pool area which was ideal for us as we had somewhere to put our daughter when she was sleeping.
The food was again good and very reasonably priced as where the drinks.
I would definatly recommend staying here and we will definatly be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Just back from a week at the Lambis studio's. Apartments are clean, bright, well equipped and spacious. The pool and surrounding terrace is clean and tidy. Vengellis and Dimittri are the staff team who manage the bar, they are helpful and build good relationships with the guest creating a good atmosphere. The lambis is ideally situated about a ten/fifteen min walk to Lindos so easily managed.
We spent a few lovely days by the pool and then for a change found another pool in a nearby , facility. This was called Waterside pool bar. This is a gem..... We escaped the children that had arrived on our 3rd day and found this little retreat of calm.
The Waterside could not be faulted, Clean pool and terrace, lovely comfy sunbeds, home cooked Quiches and desserts and a friendly homely approach was given to us from day 1.

Karen, Chris and Tony have got a perfect balance in their business and we wish them continued success.
The waterside is situated next to the Flora supermarket, at the bus station. Go and explore, I know you will like it..........

Back to the Lambis, I would recommend this as a ideal holiday for a break away in low season if you are not wanting to have lots of children around. Whilst we were there a few excitable children arrived and this is the main reason we went to the Waterside. Nothing against the children it was just a little noisier than we wanted.

Thankyou to all the staff at the Lambis for an enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank traceyEastbourne
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed in Lindos, Lambis Studio from 2 to 9 May 2012. The hotel was very quiet at the time what suited us, the swimming pool area completely deserted, perfect condition to rest. The apartments are new and clean, enough space for our stuff and a balcony. Great value for money, plus nice good size pool and short walk to the near by town and shops, we couldn't get it any better. Also the people working in the hotel, especially Vangelis, were so nice and helpful, always ready to give a recommendation or an advice. Thank you very much!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
South Shields
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Can i just say to all those that have put a review on this site about this hotel. I LOVE YOU! Me and my wife first went there back in 2005 and it was possibly the best hotel i have stayed in! no frills but not cheap, if you know what i mean. I am actively looking to book here 7 years after we first stayed there but now with our 3 children, going off what everyone is saying about how they treat kids IT SEEMS A DAM SITE BETTER THAN THE CHAIN HOTELS!!!

Word of advice ALWAYS GO TO SMALL FAMILY RUN HOTELS!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple