“Fantastic accommodation”
Review of Hotel Lindos View

Hotel Lindos View
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We have been to Lindos about 8 times, previously staying in Lindos Gardens apartments. This year my in laws booked the holiday, and chose Lindos View. They had never stayed in self catering apartments in Europe before, but all of us we extremely impressed with Lindos View. The staff on arrival were very welcoming and professional, and the apartments were spotless, and fairly spacious. The two pools were fantastic, and never too busy (although we were late in the season, and during term time). The apartments were cleaned every day, with fresh towels, and the sheets folded to look like flowers, or boats on the children's beds. After a couple of days we ventured down to the games room, to find a very pleasant space, with pool tables, table tennis, computer access and a few arcade type games. There were also beautiful changing rooms with showers, and even small children's toilets! The unusual design of the whole complex, with glass floors in places showing the stonework beneath was lovely, and very unique. We didn't use the restaurant, preferring to eat in some of the restaurants in Lindos itself, but we did have breakfast on our departure day which was delicious. The two managers were frequently walking around, and there was a very friendly atmosphere throughout. The town and beaches are a bit of a walk (and all uphill on the way back!) but I would recommend staying in this area as it is quieter and cooler, and the apartments are more spacious than anything you would get in the town. You also have the luxury of a pool. We love Lindos, and have already booked our next visit. We can't recommend Lindos View highly enough. The only criticism we could make is that the floor around the pool at the front is very slippy. But other than that, beautiful apartments in a fantastic location, with friendly, helpful staff.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 October 2012

My party of four arrived at Lindos view on 1st October at about 11.30p.m., and were immediately booked in and shown to our rooms. Yannis, on request, had kindly provided us with two refurbished rooms which, throughout the week we stayed, were kept clean, and towels and toilet rolls were replaced. The lady on reception had given us all the information we required.
We had breakfast every morning, and all were completely satisfied with the quality of the food. We also had drinks and snacks during the day. The waitress, Seva, was extremely helpful and friendly, as was the waiter, whose name I can not remember, but my daughter insists looks like the late Sevvy Ballesteros!
This was our fifth visit to Lindos, but our first stay at Lindos View. We shall never stay anywhere else, if we can get accommodation here. Spot on!!!! Ms. M.

Room Tip: Yannis was very obliging in providing two refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank George1Hartlepool_UK
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Hotel very good within its class. Very well presented and staff friendly and helpful. But.... for those of you who are (as I am) easily disturbed by noise then I would point out (which my Thomas Cook brochure failed to do) that the hotel is located within 100 metres of the busy North/South highway and therefore you will experience traffic noise of varying degree's throughout the day and night. Not such a problem during the day; but the nights could be difficult..
That's all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david r
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear Guests,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your stay experience with us, whilst we are pleased to learn that your overall stay experience met your expectations and you felt well looked after.

It is indeed a shame to know that you were a bit disturbed by noise though our every room windows and doors are fitted with double glazed glass. But I sincerely regret the issues you have commented about traffic noise from highway. A member of our staff offer you to change a room when you mentioned this issue, however, you refused. I absolutely understand your disappointment about the disturbed sleep.

However, if you visit us again, we will make sure you are allocated in a room depending on your wish. We are ready do utmost to make you feel comfortable.

I am looking forward to welcome you again soon in order to give you the spotless experience you deserve.

Yours sincerely,
Yannis Profilienos
Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My and boyfriend stayed at lindos view. We booked via Thomas Cook. It was our first holiday together and we didn't have a great deal of funds so we booked 6 months in advance to travel in October. It came to about £377 pp. I have stayed in Rhodes before but the next resort up, in Pefkos. I knew the surrounding are had all the amenities and things we could fill our time with like the Acroplis which the hotel had beautiful views of from its rooftop restaurant. We ate in the restaurant twice during our stay and both times the service was excellent despite it being fairly busy on the first night. The food was really good also, better than was expected. Our greeting at the hotel was great. We were the only drop off to lindos view from our transfer coach from the airport. Which takes just under and hour and a half. All the information we needed was provided on check concerning the restauran serving times etc. We where shown to our studio which looked out on to the pool so we literally could just hope over the wall of our outside seating area. The room was clean and fresh on arrival. Open plan with large bath/shower. The pool and outside areas were clean an well kept. The Grounds man was always busy cutting the grass and weeding etc.
The staff are really pleasant and helpful and are happy to help at that.
There is large games room/arcade down stairs which my boyfriend was quite happy to be left in for hours if I'd let him!
They do have entertainment/kareoke a couple of nights a week but unless your a boring old fart it's nothing to complain about. The music was usually off by 11.30.
All in all I was impressed with hotel and its staff and I hope others will find this review helpful when looking at staying at Lindos view!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Zoe_sam89
Reviewed 10 October 2012

we have just returned from the lindos view hotel after our second stay there.yannis and the staff at the hotel are so so helpful friendly and happy to oblige in any way possible.and if you ask for any special requests they will do there very best to help.when we first arrived at lindos last year (the first time in greece) for my niece's wedding,we thought we wern't going to like it.but after the first week we began to like it very much.the people in the village are so friendly ,and we go to watch the local footie matches,at a football venue with great views.which we realy enjoy.the food is also very good.they cook a lovely steak in the restaurant.and the bar meals are very good value.i would like to make one request to the chef?could you add to your menu YOUVETSI.it is i believe a greek dish we sampled in the village at maria's restaurant and was delicious..well !!! on returning home we have just booked a 2 week holiday for 2013.cant wait to go back to the view. two very happy chappies!!!!

Room Tip: if you enjoy a room ask yannis if its possible to book you the same room on return,we did and were g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We have just returned from a week in Lindos, Staying at the Lindos View. The Hotel is immaculately kept and I noted the cleaners constantly picking up any rubbish left around the Reception area and saw cleaners keeping the steps and downstairs showers and toilet area spotless. Our room was clean and our cleaner very friendly and courteous - coming back when we were still in our room.
Lindos itself is absolutely lovely with many beautiful rooftop restaurants and bars. We didnt actually realise that there was a Restaurant at the hotel upstairs! We only ate at the hotel on our last night as we were waiting for our coach to pick us up, most people seemed to stay in the snack area around the pool in the evening and when we were there I think there seemed to be a large wedding party and lots of regulars who clearly knew the owners and staff and return back year after year. There was a part of me that did feel that we were a little bit anonymous as I have stayed in such smaller pensions and apartments previously where I have always got to know the owners and staff really well which didnt happen at Lindos View but I did note that the staff (wasnt sure who the owner was) had really built up a relationship with people that had obviously regulary visited. I guess this was quite evident as when we left there was no staff that said goodbye as I have always experienced but this is a big hotel and the staff clearly knew alot of the visitors who I presume are regular guests.
There are two pools, I actually preferred the quieter adult pool but as I have children felt that I had to use the other pool which did seem noisier but as I have mentioned there were wedding parties and large families staying.
The Hotel is set up on the main road of Lindos and you have to walk down to the village which really wasn't a problem for us, we did it up to three times a day with two kids so please don't be put off by the location which really isnt far at all and overlooking the village of Lindos and the Acropolis is lovely at Breakfast time!
We stayed at the end of Septmember into October and it was much hotter than I imagined. The air con is 10E a day which we didnt pay but I can imagine if you went in mid Summer it would be a must. All the rooms have either a balcony or a little garden patio which is nice, lots of people used their balcony/patio to eat/drink on. We ate out in Lindos every night but you could easily use the facilities in the room to eat etc should you wish.
Anyway we had a lovely visit to Lindos and would definately recommend the hotel and Lindos to others.

Room Tip: Initially I was disappointed that our room was quite a way from the Reception area but actually it w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This was our fifth wedding anniversary, we were married at St Pauls Bay and had our reception at Lindos View. We returned two years ago, and came back for our third visit with friends in Sept 2012. It is a lovely friendly hotel where all the staff (most have been there for years) are always helpful and smiling. The hotel is spotless and the food in the View restaurant is excellent, the apartments are spacious and well maintained. All our party enjoyed there holiday and will return again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends