“beautiful lindos”
Review of Hotel Lindos View

Hotel Lindos View
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I like most people read trip advisor before booking,and was very impressed with what i read so we booked ,after an awful holiday the year before in Sharm el sheik.Well what a lovely place Lindos is and what a lovely hotel the Lindos view is and what a lovely holiday we had with our moody 15 year old daughter who rates this as 1 of her best holidays ever and we have had a few.It has taken a while to write this review because am still miserable having to get back to reality,i think some of the views of other people are harsh but thats there opinion,[Different strokes for different folks] We had no problem getting a bed every day and there seemed to be beds till midday,we e-mailed Yannis and requested a modern room but he had none available but said he would try and he did and we got 1 after 2 days which we very grateful the room was fantastic, The views from the patio looking out to the Acropoils were breathtaking and when we had our afternoon beer it was worth an extra 2 or 3 euros for a pint ,the prices were the same all over lindos.We like most went to the market by the bus stop to get our supplies ,and the prices were very reasonable .We didnt need fancy cooking facilities as some people seem to ,we were on holiday ,and we didnt want to cook and if you do cook all day clean up after yourself and you wont get ants.also the 2 reception girls were very friendly and helpfull and helped my wife when she had an asthma attack,the air conditioning was expensive but this is down to the holiday companies trying to keep the cost down and leaving the hotel to face the wrath of the tourist.And the brochure does state the hotel is a wedding hotel,hence the large groups,and to my little anti-liverpudlian friend the dominant groups were London and Manchester when i was there,last point i found the little beach the nicer one with no stones on the seabed ,and i will be breaking a habit of a lifetime and going back to the same hotel next year.thank you sean+ jacqueline LIVERPOOL

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank seanfatty

Reviewed 16 September 2010

My family and I stayed at the Lindos View August 2010 (children 10 & 8 years)

I've read the comments left regarding ants, price of drink etc etc. All I can say is that I was not disappointed with one element of my stay - the whole place is very very very very clean, cleaner than most 5 star hotels that I have stayed in around the world. The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. If you don't like hotel entertainment (I hate it) Lindos has more than enough to offer!

Great location, easy to get into Lindos and the surrounding beaches. I didn't have one bad meal, and that says alot as I'm very fussy!

Regarding the brits leaving their towels on the sun beds! It is a problem, I sat on my balconey at 6.30am to watch the sun come up over the Acropolis (amazing!) only to be disturbed by 2 Liverpudlians (you know who you are) with arms full of towels ready to stake their claim by the pool (they took 12 sun beds, even though there was only 10 in their party) They didn't come down to use only two of their 12 their beds until midday! All I can say is do what I did, pop a couple of their towels onto the floor and move the sunbeds that you require to a spot that you want. It's quite amusing watching them scratch their shaven heads as they stand there counting the sunbeds for 5 mins until they realise what has happened!

Great hotel, great location, great service, very very clean. I would recommend Lindos View. Just make sure that large families from Liverpool and Newcastle don't take over the sun beds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Owwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Like the review before we found that alot of sunbeds were reserved by towels with no one appearing until early afternoon and sometimes not even used. I have read the managements comments but he has clearly not taken any steps to resolve this at all. We was a little disappointed with the room, although quite long and biggish it had no privacy whatsoever and 2 adult children also in the room this caused a bit of queing for the bathroom for changing in!!! Catering in the room could be a problem if you were to cook as it was extremely basic. We ate out all the time so this did not bother us. Storage was another problem as there was only 2 draws for 4 people. The bathroom however, was very nice, beautifully tiled. The grounds were very well kept and lovely and the staff we thought were very nice and helpful. There is a lovely lady, named Kate who comes to the hotel to do massages. I would definately recommend having one, she is definately an asset to the hotel providing this service, it was lovely being pampered in the open air, very relaxing. Lindos is no doubt a beautiful place and the views from the hotel were stunning, however, i do not think this is a suitable resort for a family with young children in pushchairs or the elderly/infirm due the steepness. We found Lindos is more expensive than other resorts we visited around the island. The rooftop restaurants were brilliant. Our favourite restaurants were Stefanys and Dionysis (next to each other) Dionysis Moussaka is a must. All in all a lovely holiday

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DerbyCazza
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2010

I was really surprised to read your comments and I was really sorry you did not find a few minutes of your time to speak to me personally or at the front desk regard your comment on trip advisor about the sun beds because the action which it has been taken immediately from the previous guests’ comment it was that we bought more sun beds and we had it available for our guests call, this unfortunately did not happen with you. Also I regret that the management has not taken any steps to resolve the problem.

Also I am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations about the room but to be honest with you when you visit our website or the companies we collaborate website you can read the description of the rooms so as to know what you expect.

I really wish you could give the Lindos View another chance and come again for Holiday so that you change your opinion about the hotel. I would nevertheless like to thank you for taking the time to send your comments to the site,

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Spent last 2 weeks of August at the Lindos View.

At first glance, it appeared to be a very nice hotel. However, that soon changed when we woke up in the morning. Every sunbed had been reserved by 8am by people throwing towels on them but not actually appearing until 12 at the earliest. Some people seemed to go the the beach for the morning but still reserve their sunbeds at 7am for the afternoon.

The hotel could be lovely but has dec ided to pander to the lowest common denominator with karaoke nights, greek nights, Sky Sports, roast dinners and full English breakfasts. Maybe outside the 6 weeks, it's different but it was a bit like chav heaven in August.

Having said that, no regrest about going there as Lindos village is a delight. Full of a maze of little streets, rooftop tavernas and friendly bars.

I'd say go but not in the school holidays unless you love football shirts as evening wear and set your alarm for 3am to make sure you get the best sunbed.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SW12018
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

Please be assured that we are most grateful that you have taken the time to bring the above mentioned matters to our attention. It is through constructive comments such as yours, that we are able to monitor our operations more closely and take corrective action when required.

We would like to express our apologies for the disappointment you must have felt over your recent stay and we trust that you will not judge us on this one experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lindos View Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I stayed here with my husband and our teenage daughter, this was our second visit to the lindos view so we knew what to expect, high standards, lovely food etc...
we were highly disappointed with the 'OEA' restaurant (lindos view own restaurant), compared to our last visit it was totally different quality. we did complain and bring this to the attention of the manager, who mostly just shrugged his shoulders! he did knock 4 euros off the bill and offered a 10% discount off our next visit-somehow we won't be using that. my recommendation to fellow travellers is avoid the OEA restaurant, unless you fancy some poor quality food that is!
we did go to stephanies taverna in lindos itself and had to wait for a table, so I reckon that tells you what the quality was like, excellent.
the apartments at lindos view are lovely so my recommendation would be go to lindos, try it out for yourself, take plenty of money and avoid lindos views own restaurant.

1  Thank maz068
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

I am really glad that you so much enjoyed your stay at Lindos View and thank you for letting other people know. We are pleased that our hotel room met your expectations, we are however disappointed that you were not entirely happy with our restaurant.

Managing a restaurant can be a difficult job as the perception of a prepared dish varies from customer to customer although our cooks try to be consistent at all times.

We are sorry that the dish you ordered was not to your taste, we were happy to offer you another choice that you would have been happy with but you declined our offer.

We have only billed you for the half price of your meal that you consumed the 90% of it and offered a 10% discount off your next visit

All our products are freshly provisioned each day and we cannot accept your comments that our restaurant served «poor quality food ".

More than 90% so far have been satisfied with the food and service in our restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Stayed in the Self catering Apartments. 2 electric rings, 1 kettle,1 toaster, 1 pan!!! Myself my wife and 15 year old son arrived at about midnight on Saturday 21st Aug 2010. We booked 6 months prior a 1 bed apartment with Air Con. We paid extra for both via thompson. On arrival we were shown to our apartment. On entering the bathroom is on the left. Behind the front door is a double wardrobe next to that is a 1.5m kitchen unit housing a sink double electric ring cooker a kettle and an under counter fridge. Opposite this is the double bed!!!! The room is then seperated with a pine and glass sliding door/wall...this does not reach the ceiling in fact is only about 7 ft high. The other side of this partition is a single bed a settee and a small dining table. To the rear is a small patio with outside furniture.
The room was hot so we attempted to turn on the Air Con.....No remote control. Went to reception to be told we had to pay 65 euros for the remote!!!! We explained we had paid for Air Con through Thompson and were told that the room had Air Con fitted....but to use it we had to pay the hotel directly......something Thompson do not tell you!!!! After the first night we awoke to find the living eating and bathroom areas covered in Ants. This was not due to cooking as we had not bought anything to cook....yet. This was reported to reception who came and sprayed the room 2 days later and within 24hrs the Ants were back. I asked a cleaner for some spray and she told me to " go and buy some"!!!!!
We paid over £1600 for this apartment. Be warned...al 1 bed Apartments are partition walls....if you want Air Con you have to pay the hotel for it...if you want a safe, you have to pay the hotel for it!!!!
The bar and restraunt are expensive. 4 euros for a local beer and 6 euros for a bacardi and coke. The meals are good quality but expensive!!!! Overall this is an expensive place to stay that I would put in the 2 star catagory.....maybe travel companies have different standards!!!!!! Its an OK place to stay but not worht the money.....sorry but this is one we will not be returning to.!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2010

Many thanks for you response to your recent visit with us and I do appreciate the time you have taken. We are truly glad that you enjoyed the overall atmosphere of our restaurant and bar. I would like to apologize personally for the less than perfect experience you had with your stay with us.

We do not provide cooking facilities like you have in the luxury of your home. We only have the basic equipment as certain you can read at the Thomson website which says ‘’ kitchenette with 1 or 2 electric rings, kettle, toaster and fridge suitable for the preparation of light snacks only’’.

Also in your comments you sound like you have no idea how the one room separated from each other as a prove if you are going once again at the Thomson website you will read ‘’ 1 bedroom apartments have a twin bedroom and 2 extra beds in the lounge area, separated from the bedroom by a half partition’’

In addition you refer in your comment that bar and restaurant are very expensive and the cost for a local beer it costs 4 euros which is no truth because the large draught beer costs 3.60 euro which this price exist 3 years now and you also mentioned that the Bacardi and coke it costs 6 euro which this is no truth as well because the Bacardi and coke here at the Lindos View costs 4.40 euro which this price exist the last 3 years. Also I would appreciate if you could provide us a receipt with the price you are saying.

Moreover the ants in the bathroom areas I would like to inform you that the most obvious source of ants is the great outdoors. Ants live in most climates in almost all parts of the world with the exception of the extreme Northern and Southern Polar Regions. They are generally found in backyards, parks, deserts and mountains. Busy cities do not discourage ants as local ants are accustomed to the climate in the area forgive me but I can not accept your saying that we did 2 days to respond to your call, just to let you know I have maintenance service 16 hours per day, yet regarding the housekeeper decision not to give you a spray it is right for the reason that they are not allow to give any liquate to guests without the management permission for safety reasons, just to finish with this comment I would like to tell you that the housekeepers are not speak English so for this reason it is impossible to told you to go buy some.

Another thing that I would like to inform you is that you mentioned to your comments that you did not know the air – condition is at a charge as prove to this comment you can go at the Thomson website and read what it says ‘’ All studios and apartments have air-conditioning at a charge’’ however the air – condition it does not cost 65 euro for the remote control but to explain to you the air – condition costs 55.00 euro for a week and 10.00 deposit for the remote control which the deposit money will return to you when you bring the remote control back

Finally to your last comment about the category you range us I would like to inform you that in this category are not only the travel companies which they put us but the majority of the guests who are coming here and the so many awards we received of them.

Thanks again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 15 August 2010

Lindos is a beautiful place.
The apartments position on the top of the hill is amazing.
It has the most amazing view of the acropolis ruins on the hill top (which you must visit)
We were lucky enough to get a room with a balcony on the front looking directly at the Acropolis which was lovely in the morning as it had the sun and in the evening to have a drink on and watch the sun go down and the lights on the acropolis come on.
Everywhere was very clean, and the outside was very well maintained with two lovely pools. The staff were very friendly and got straight on to bringing us an extra pillow when we asked for it.
Supermarkets are a 5 minute walk down the road.
All shop keepers and resetaurant staff were very nice and friendly, and we ate some of the best food ive ever had down in the town.
We had a lovely holiday as did our friends who went a week before.
Would visit again and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple