Melenos Lindos Hotel
US$216
US$93
Lambis Studios(Lindos)(Great Value!)
US$49
Lindos White Hotel and Suites(Vlycha)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$53
  • Pool
Lindos Blu(Lindos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgarden terracehoneymoon suitebeautiful hotelancient acropoliswedding venuerooftop restaurantsmall hoteloverlooking the baygreek islandsstunning viewsmain beachmariagreecevillagesealuxuryaegean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We had the opportunity to spend an 4-day weekend at Melenos during the 2010 Easter break. Prior to my arrival I thought I knew a little about Rhodes and 5-star hotels. To be perfectly honest, my stay with Melenos really changed my views (and standards as well). I do not wish to repeat what other enthousiastic visitors have already mentioned (and is actually correct in my oppinion). The first impression that comes to my mind is that I did not really wanted to leave the place and go somewhere else. That is the key achievement of Michalis Melenos and his team: keeping balance between being professional and truly friendly.
I could go on and on describing the elegance of interior and exterior facilities, the views, the extraordinary level of the in-house restaurant, the impecable service etc...
I can only suggest to those interested in details to have a look at the Hotel's website: the real thing is even better....

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Came back from Marmaris when we ended our sail from Crete, as we had sussed out Melenos on our stop in Rhodos.
Value was quite exceptional, as we were lastminute. Apart from that, this is real island Greece, so will be back when next in Rhodos.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2010

The Melenos Lindos is one of the most unusual and loveliest places to stay in Greece (or anywheres else for that matter.) The setting of the hotel is incredible-perched high above the Aegan sea with breathtaking views, fitting perfectly into the charming architecture of the town of Lindos. The rooms are beautifully decorated, passage ways and gardens throughout the hotel complex are eye-catching and the outside settings for breakfast and dinner are both beautiful and relaxing. Service is excellent and our 5 day stay there was the kind you dream of when you book a vacation. There are two lovely beaches a few minutes walk from the hotel and because it's located right in the town of Lindos it's a short walk to the quaint shops and delicious restaurants in the town, and has easy access to the donkey rides to the top of the Acropolis in Lindos.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrequentTraveler024
Reviewed 11 October 2009

We were recommended the Melenos by our FANTASTIC wedding planner, Karen Traynor at Lindos Weddings.

We were over the moon with the setting and so were our guests. The Melenos are making improvements to the St Demetris Chapel, which is almost directly above it, which made the setting even more ideal, although to be honest, the hotel, garden and surrounding areas are so pretty you could get married there, if that's possible legally, as we were blinded by the sun and the heat was oppressive at the Chapel, even at 5:30 on a late September day. I think it's possible to get married later in the day.
That said, from the moment we arrived at the Melenos both of the Michaels’s, the charming Mr Melenos and the other the lovely restaurant and banqueting manager were just wonderful.

The Melenos decorated the tables and printed the menu's to match our colour plan at no additional cost and went to great effort to match the colour perfectly.

We booked one of the Honeymoon suits for the evening of the wedding and myself and my bridesmaids used it to get ready in, the hotel also provided a second room for my husband (to be) and the best man to change in, as they didn't want to travel to the hotel in suits.

I could not fault the management at all, including the lovely lady called Marina who looked after us during the day, making sure we had a steady flow of refreshments.
The room was gorgeous, but I won't dwell on that, as everyone else has described the hotel in great detail. Suffice to say it is very special.

We had our guests meet in the hotel garden, which overlooks Pallas Bay, it's tented and so lovely and cool, they could stay cool and refreshed before going to the Chapel just in time for the wedding ceremony.
The path to the Chapel is very steep, but no worse than other Chapels and much more private than any of the others we looked at, which was a big attraction for us. We did have elderly guests and they managed just fine with a little assistance.

We then had a Champagne reception, back in the garden, we asked the hotel to keep our guests glasses full and the staff needed to be constantly asked to fill the glasses, I found this irritating as I wanted my guests treated as they would have been in my own home, I’m sure Mr Melenos will also be annoyed as they could have sold us several more bottles of champagne! The staff were nice, but didn’t appear overly self motivated, or friendly, compared to the more senior staff members, they were not un-friendly, indifferent would be my description.

Dinner was in the upstairs, open air, tented restaurant, the food was fabulous and the house wine very good. It was private, beautiful and just exactly the atmosphere we wanted. It can be difficult to get exclusive venues in Lindos, particularly high end venues. We saw several wedding parties in restaurants we were using around the village, that’s what some people want of course, I’m not knocking it.

Because of the Chocaki floor (if that's how you spell it), we went back to the garden to dance. The only down size was that the staff didn't make any effort to clear a space for us to dance in and the hotel porter (if that's who he is, he drives the hotel van), kept turning down our music and chastised my sister that this was a hotel and people were sleeping. This was around 10pm, I might add that we had every intention and did turn our music off completely at midnight and that our music was very middle of the road, think Bee Gees, Beatles, Billy Joel... hardly Hardcore. We think that the problem might be that the music is played EVERYWHERE, I'm not 100% sure if it's the case, but we think that the piped music is played onto the patio areas outside all the rooms, which might be why they seemed to have a problem, as basically they played our music in place of the piped music, not a separate system. If you have ever been to a Greek Wedding you will know that they know how to enjoy themselves, so why expect my guests to sit and chat among themselves?

Be aware that there are 2 entrances to the Melenos. We left with some of our guests after midnight to go 'party' at a local bar and returned... me in my wedding dress, to find we were locked out and the hotel in complete darkness, no response to our knocking on the door etc. Panicking we were back to the bar, we had left our phones, other hotel keys in the locked hotel, the bar owner, gorgeous George and his son Panos from the Lindian Apollo (great bar), managed to contact Mr Melenos (it was now 2am) who explained the second entrance. I had read in the room information that the hotel closed, but that we had a key to the front door, we just weren't made aware that the door where reception is is not the front door, that is to say, reception is on the lower lever, but unmanned, the back door is where you check in and out, but that's not called reception.. confusingly enough! George took us to the second entrance, we would not have found it easily and we got in, thankfully.
Unfortunately we had a meeting quite early at the town hall the next morning to sign our wedding certificate (or at least my husband did, women are not required to sign in Greece), so we missed the breakfast, unfortunately, as I am sure it would have been very good, based on our experience of the hotel overall.
I would completely recommend the Melenos for an intimate, tasteful, wedding day, we fed back our only slight problems, mainly the dancing aspect, which I'm sure they will resolve. The Melenos is priced to attract a particular clientele, they just need to decide if they want to have receptions or just wedding dinners, like so many other restaurants in Lindos do.

I just want to mention again Karen and her husband at Lindos Weddings, they are fantastic and as good at the Melenos was, I could not have had such a great experience without Karen and her lovely team, if you are getting married in Lindos, speak to Karen first!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TessieWard
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Hi all,
we stayed at Melenos one week in August 2009. The hotel is amazing! The place is ideally located under the Acropoli of Lindos, with perfect view on the beach and the place around. The hotel staff and the owner is really very polite. We have travelled a lot around the world, but in this hotel we found the most polite, willing and acommodating personel of all hotels i have ever stayed. They all help to make our vacation perfect.
The restaurant of the hotel was of a top quality, with a perfect view.
Our room (suite 12) was one of the best. Actually, the suites of the top floor have the best view, but also the suites of downfloors are nice, even if the view is not perfect.
In general, our vacation was really perfect and i will definetely return in that place!!! I love it!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends