All reviews freshly made pizza private beach friendly barman pool bar delicious cocktails early season mini disco pay euros sea view animation team amazing location enjoyable holiday holiday makers buffet style every evening greek night would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 20 May 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here I was quite worried about being moved hotels. We booked as part of a group to go 1st-8th may as my brother was getting married at St pauls chapel in Lindos. This hotel was picked by my sister in law who wanted us all to stay together and not have to spend a fortune. we booked on ice lolly.com which I definatly would not recommend using. After reading the reviews we weren't expecting much but as soon as we pulled up in the coach all worries disappeared. The hotel reception is clean,bright and the staff were extremely welcoming. after a 2 hour couch journey we arrived at 11.30pm the group was a mix of children(youngest 7month nephew) and grandparents- one in a wheelchair. The hotel provided us with bottled water and food to eat while we checked in which was a lovely gesture. Myself my two girls 4&7 and my mother were given a room on the new block and as it was dark a staff member took us round and even carried our cases downstairs. the room was clean and spacious with the 2 settees made into beds which were more than adequate. The bathroom basic but clean and everything worked, maids came most days but they always left the trolleys out so if you need a clean towel it was easy to find one. Some of the party stayed in the main building which was dated but no complaints from anyone. The hotel is right on the beach with beautiful views,the sand isn't too nice and you are charged for the beds.Food is served outside overlooking the beach it is a small separate building where they cook and serve food , tables are outside covered by a slatted style roof which does give you shade (there is an indoor restaurant but they only use it during rain) they are well spaced out so you don't feel too crammed in. Food was fresh,well presented and hot.not too much choice but if you like greek salad or a meat and veg option then you'll be fine, we ate out twice in Lindos and also out for the wedding which broke it up but think i'd have needed to venture out more if staying for longer than 1 week . the AI drinks option was the biggest let down for me there is beer, wine, juice and pop taps in the restaurant and by the pool, the pool bar only served gin, vodka, ouzo and rum -very strong with cheap pop - yuk!! they did get a delivery of other mixers but they weren't free. I ended up buying some schnapps from the shop to add to lemonade as the beer was bloating me too much and needed to fit in my wedding outfit lol.(note I didn't go to get bladdered every night but a few nice drinks in the evening is pleasant) The hotel is on its own, a 10 min walk (no footpath) will get you to 2 shops and a good looking restaurant but its further to the nearest town which I think was Pefkos it did look busy and lots of places to eat with outdoor play for children but as we were in coach on way home couldn't investigate further. A taxi to lindos cost 12€ so if you do want to go out be prepared to spent a fortune in taxi fares.We were the only English there for most of the week everyone else i'm guessing were French and the evening entertainment was definately geared up for them but the daytime guys worked hard to include everybody, we even did the darts competition for a laugh and my eldest enjoyed joining in with the 'aqua gym' each day. As it was early season we didn't have any problem getting beds by the pool and it was clean and warm enough. What I would mention is the staff they were all polite, helpful and went out of their way for you. my nephew had an allergic reaction on the 1st day and reception were brill sorting out medical help and afterwards staff were asking how he was, genuinely concerned. A word of warning MOSQUITOS etc, as we were dining outside it was bad during the evening and the only 2 who didn't get bitten were my girls so pack plenty of repellent spray, didn't have a problem in the room tho !!!!. all in all I would go back to the hotel but only for 1 week as the food wasn't really my cup of tea but hotel great for a quiet cheap break and the weather was red hot.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kathrynditchfiels
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went with the intention of relaxing after a very stressful time, and from arrival we were not disappointed. The room although basic was clean, the sheets were changed daily and the view from the room was stunning. The staff were very friendly and polite, and particular mention has to be given to the head barman who seemed to be able to converse in every language......including Welsh!!! The food was always wholesome, varied and very tasty and the chef was very proud when complimented. Having read previous reviews which commented on the location, it is not in a town but there are regular buses from right outside the hotel and you can walk to Pefki, which we managed without too much trouble. We will hopefully be going back in the near future and wouldn't have a problem returning here.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Beth E
Reviewed 24 March 2013

a beautiful hotel next to a beautiful beach great food but poor drinks a 15 minute walk gets you to pefkos there is no where to go unless you want to walk or take a long swim which is a great way to get to pefkos the rooms are beautiful as is the out door restaurant will definitely go back very good for families not good for a party though lovely place to fish from and snorkle

Room tip: send them an email so you dont get stuck in sister hotel rooms by the pool are fab but rooms further away are better
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank siouxLiverpool
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My boyfriend and I booked the holiday last minute, and having read the reviews on TripAdvisor we were a bit worried about what to expect. The hotels web site pictures and description looked amazing but on here they didn't seem great. Well, I have to say what we got was much more than we expected. The room we had was brand new, clean and fully air conditioned. The bathroom had a bath / shower and the water was constantly hot. The towels and bed were changed and made on a daily basis.
The hotel is located on a clean sandy beach which is a short walk up the stairs to the hotel bar so you can take advantage of the all inclusive drinks and ice creams at all times. The sunbeds on the beach are chargeable at 4 Euros per person with includes a bottle of cold mineral water.
The restaurant is located over looking the beach which is stunning and open air with a modern trellis style covering. Meals are served 3 times a day with morning and afternoon snacks in between. The food is always fresh and with a great selection of foods for everyone, including tasty local mains and deserts.
The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming and there is a great atmosphere throughout.
We went to Pefkos for dinner one evening which is a short taxi journey and also walk able in approximately 20 minutes. Lardos is also in the opposite direction and is a very tradition Greek village with a market square and various taveners.
All in all the hotel was amazing for us. It was modern yet had an authentic Greek twist to it, clean, friendly and a perfect location whether you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday like us or if you want something a little livelier- there is something for everyone. We will definitely be returning to the Sunrise Hotel in the next few years.

Date of stay: September 2012
11  Thank PennyDanny36
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We booked Sunrise Hotel 2 months ago. once we got there we were told that the hotel was fully booked due to an error on the booking system. If you read the reviews you will find out we are not the only ones so basically What they do is take As much bookings As they can and then move the people in other hotel.they moved us in another hotel called flora. the room was dirty and very old fashioned. we changed 3 rooms. after 3 days we moved to sunrise again. the hotel is nice ma very dirty!the location is amazing but the food just awful!!!What i suggest is book just the room and eat out but if you book through an economy tour operator be sure you will be moved into another hotel for at least 3 night. They just Try to make it easy and explain you that is normal like was My fault!!!for me was just a bad experience!i really do not like When an hotel just thinks about busines and does not care about people s holidays and expectations!

Date of stay: August 2012