I spent ten days in Sunrise hotel with my teenage son in August/September this year and we had a fantastic holiday. There are few things I would like to say about the hotel:
1. LOCATION:The hotel's address says "Lindos" but it is not in Lindos town, but on outskirts of Pefkos (about 15 min walk from Pefkos and 10-15 min bus ride from Lindos town). The hotel situated RIGHT(2min walk) on a small beautiful crescent shaped beach, which is sandy with some shingle. The water is crystal clear, you can literally see a single grain of sand even if you swim far from the shore. Great for snorkelling too.
The hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere which is fine by me as I don't like to listen to the noise day and night, but if you feel like partying Pefkos and Lindos are very close and easily reached by car or bus. Bus stop is right outside the hotel on a main road and bus fare to Lindos is 1.50 Euro.
The hotel is right in the middle of Rhodes' East coast and is therefore and ideal base to explore both North and South of this beautiful island.
2. ROOMS: We stayed in the new building and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the room. The hotel's rating is 3* but I would give this room 4*. It was very clean (and cleaned every day+towels changed every day), spacious with light and neutral decor. It was really nice to have a pristine white bathroom (bath, shower, hairdryer) with perfect white shower curtain. Little things like that really do matter.
There is a flat screen TV , small fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Air conditioning worked perfectly (really important in 40 degrees heat).
Very nice balcony with sea view.
Safe in the room cost about 20 Euro for 10 days.
As our flight back to Gatwick was late at night I wanted to keep the room longer but it was not possible as they were fully booked. To keep the room after checkout time costs 7 Euro per hour, so I decided it wasnt worth it and we went on all-day excursion instead (for the same price).
3. GUESTS:There were mostly couples/families - a mixture Brits, Poles, Russians, Germans, French and Italians, everyone really nice and friendly.
4. FOOD: This is where it goes down a bit. Don't get me wrong, nothing scary, just standard bland all-inclusive fare. However no damage was inflicted on our digestive systems and we always found something to suite our tastes ( I am leaning towards vegetarianism). Barbeque at the Greek Night was quite good.
5. STAFF: There were native Greeks, Poles and Russians working there. I personally found them all to be very nice and helpful.
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
Rhodes is an amazingly beautiful place so please everyone, if you go there, find time to explore the island. These, in my opinion, are the "musts":
1. Rhodes Old Town. I suggest you go there at least twice, first time with a giuded tour to give you a general idea about the layout and history of the place. Old town history is dominated by Knights of St John, so see the Grand Master's palace, the Archeological Museum and the street of the Knights.
2. Lindos Acropolis. Take a donkey ride to the Acropolis and admire an amazing view and ruins of temles and churches. Donkeys look well looked after and I saw some of them grazing freely in the evening.
3. Sail to the island of Symi and the monastery of Archangel Michael.
4. See Prasonissi - the southern tip of the island. watch the surfers there.
5. Hire a car for a day or two to see villages and monasteries in the mountains, off the beaten track. Driving in Rhodes is easy and roads are fantastic. It was the first time ever I drove abroad. If I could do it, anyone could do it
All in all, it was a great holiday and I am very pleased I chose this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise hotel is located just a few kilometers from the historical village of Lindos in Rhodes. The area is called Pefkoi (which means Pine Tree) which is small and colorful.Your experience is completed in our charming rooms. Four different room types will cater to your needs: spacious, most of them with view to the sea and private balconies where you can enjoy moments of relaxation while gazing at the endless blue...All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, private bathrooms, TV, hairdryer and telephone. The hotel offers a large swimming pool with sun beds and parasols. You can enjoy your coffee, soft drinks or even an afternoon cocktail while enjoying moments of refreshment in the cool waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunrise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Hotel Lindos, Rhodes