I stayed at the Eleni Studios in the last week of July 2010 with my boyfriend and these apartments were great: clean, spacious and quiet as it's adults only! The only gripe i have is its location: up a very long hill from Lindos village! But the surrounding hotels are all welcoming so you don't HAVE to do the hill trek to find a bar.
We booked with First Chioce so were transferred from the airport by coach. Upon arrival at about midnight, we were met by a friendly member of staff who showed us to our room. She allowed us to settle in and said that she'd be by the pool bar for another 30 minutes if we needed anything. We purchased a safe key for 10 Euros and the 'part-time' air-conditioning (9pm - 9am) for about 60 Euros - well worth it as temperatures were pushing 40 degrees.
The pool is big enough for the size of the complex with a small childrens area at the end. Quiet tasteful music was played for part of the day but was not intrusive. Drinks at the bar were quite expensive though: 6.50 Euros for a Coke and Brandy and Lemonade. Annoying really when a bottle of coke from the supermarket next door is only 1.60 Euros - but you're not allowed to consume any food or drink not brought at the pool bar around the pool!
Lindos village was about a 600m walk down a steep hill, where you'd find shops and bars. But there is next to nothing in the way of evening entertainment, no shows, bands, kareoke etc. The studios have a great view of the Acropolis - well worth the hike to see some ancient ruins! A taxi ride back up the hill to the apartments was 4 Euros.
Getting around the island was easy enough - we rented a quad bike, 55 Euros for 24 hours. The buses are easy to navigate - it's about 6 Euros to Rhodes Town. You have to purchase a ticket from the bus kiosk before travelling though as you can't just pay on the bus. Snorkelling in St Paul's Bay was fun and the Waterpark in Falaraki was a fun day out. Pefkos is only an 8 Euro taxi ride away for a more built-up, touristy atmosphere.
All in all a great holiday, value for money and well looked after by First Choice/Thompson. Would only recommend to fit and able-bodied people! Wouldn't go back here just becuase we've been here before and i couldn't knowlingly face that hill again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eleni's Apartements consists of 14 appartements located in the neighborhood of Krana just 10 minutes walking distance to the ancient city of Lindos. In our relaxing garden we also have our large pool where you can spend your days basking in the sun with our kind service from the Pool Bar where we also have a variety of dishes both local and international. Large and comfortable room with a large balcony overlooking olive gardens, donkeys, Acropolis and of cour the beautiful Maditerrenean sea. In the room you will find a double bed, desk and a kitchenette with fridge, toarster and tableware. Of course we provide with linen and towels. The bathroom has a bathtub and we provide you with towels and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Eleni Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleni`s Apartments Hotel Lindos
- Eleni Apartments Lindos, Rhodes