We debated location on Rhodes and chose to stay in Lindos. We were not sorry! We loved staying here, especially since we had rented a car (4 adults and one child). Lindos was charming, especially before all the tourists arrive in the morning and after they leave in the afternoon. We swam in Lindos Bay - somewhat crowded but easy access from Tsambika studios - and enjoyed walking to restaurants in the evening. The acropolis is actually an easy walk, especially if you go before the heat of the day (and the arrival of tourists). (Be sure to take money to get in... )
Now, Tsambika Studios... this turned out to be a good choice for our family (two adults and two adults and one child). We had two rooms - one of them was the remodeled room with the large private balcony. This was beautiful - excellent view, kitchenette, modern bathroom, private balcony with lounge chairs and umbrella.
The other room was downstairs in the back. It was dark and the third bed (for child) was a cot and not too comfortable. Nonetheless, the room was fine - good air conditioning, close to the beach, kitchenette, etc. (I would recommend requesting one of the rooms in the front, with the shared deck area, and this would have been a good compromise between the costly upstairs remodelled room and the back, dark room. ) We used the shared balcony and table for breakfast. This was fine as we enjoyed talking with other travellers from other countries.
The rooms were clean, with a great location - close to beach, walking to restaurants. Oh, free parking is located past the square and marked with a sign for "beach parking". If you park in the other area near the square, you will need to pay between 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Stavros did meet us at the square. Look for a man with a three-wheeled scooter and ropes to tie on your luggage. The studio is not far from the square (all walking paths on cobblestones) but would be difficult to find the first time! We rolled our suitcases when leaving and this was fine.
There are small markets in Lindos but if you want a larger selection, you might stop along the highway to stock up on necessities. We recommend Tsambika Studios and felt that the location was excellent and the rooms good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tsambika's Studios is situated above the small beach of Lindos and beneath the Acropolis castle. It consists of 5 studios situated around a courtyard and 2 upper level studios with private balconies. All studios contain mini kitchens, bathrooms and air conditioning. Our studios are known for being very clean and having great views! The rates vary depending on season, studio type and number of beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Tsambika's Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsambika`s Studios Hotel Lindos
- Tsambika's Studios Lindos, Rhodes