“Great hotel,unforgetable experience”

Ranked #16 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Lindos
Rhodes
“Great hotel,unforgetable experience”
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Being a recent (July 2009) client of Erato Apartments, I really believe I made the best possible choice.Situated in a picturesque location (Lindos,Rhodes), this hotel offered me numerous moments of joy, along with the pleasant atmosphere and the remarkable kindness of the staff. Also, Erato Apartments really sets the perfect example when it comes to cleanliness and room service. Regarding my experience, I would undoubtedly recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy both nature and civilization, all at its best!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Greece
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Spring holidays at Erato Apartments in Lindos , is an unforgettable experience. Especially when this time coincides with the Easter vacations. One can enjoy the warm weather, early swimming as well as the local Easter customs. Accomodation at Erato Apartments makes you feel at home. Mr and Mrs Hadjinicolaou, the owners of the house, were friendly and warm and did not stop offering to us homemade local delicacies. The interior of the traditional house, the pebbled court and the terrace were ‘’dressed’’ with the vivid colors of the flowers of the season. We always recollect our suppers on the first floor with the view to the Acropolis and the sea. The rooms were decorated with taste and maintained regularly. Choosing spring for your holidays in Lindos it offers the opportunity to explore the island during its best considering weather and landscape. Try, for example, some excursions in order to spot the wild orchids of Rhodes. I will definitely come back to Erato Apartments taking advantage of the 10% discount offered to repeat customers.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dudley West Midlands
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I have been holidaying in Lindos since 1996, and have now visited over 20 times. Until May this year I had always done this as a package deal. Due to work commitments I normally have to do the Saturday flights, but this May I was struggling to find a Saturday package from Birmingham airport so I decided to be brave and try the independant route.
I looked at various websites but was attracted to "Erato" due to location and price and I was not disapointed.
For any any one who knows Lindos, they are located just around the corner from Yannis and 404 Bar. Very central but also very quiet. They are the basic older type of accomodation but so much better then than the package holiday ones. They are clearly very well looked after in a good state of repair, and very clean.
There are I think three rooms downstairs of varying sizes which share a lovely shaded pebbled courtyard and upstairs was the room I stayed in plus another 2 bed-roomed apartment. There is a lovely terrace upstairs with views across the sea and you can also see the acropolis. I also liked the wooden outdoor tables and chairs (so much better than those plastic ones)
I arranged with the owner for a taxi to pick me up at the airport. George who they have know for years is a gem. He parked the taxi by the bakery at the top of the road leading to St Pauls Bay and took my case right up the stairs to the door of my apartment where the owner Anastasia was waiting for me. She was lovely, even came around whist I was unpacking with some home made biscuits. That set me up nicely as I was a bit too late for dinner and just had time for a quick shower and change before meeting friends.
At the end of my week George again came and collected me from my room again carrying my case down the stairs and to the taxi for me.
I have the same problem for next year wanted to go June when many of my friends have booked for but couldn't get a Saturday flight again so I decided to contact "Erato" again. Was even more pleased when I found out that the prices are the same as last year, but even better, because I am a repeat customer I have been given a 10% discount.
Can't wait to go back in June!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank AnnieB11
London
Reviewed 27 July 2008

We have just returned from a few very pleasant nights at Erato Apartments in Lindos, Rhodes. The apartments surpassed our expectations in many ways.

The owners were very friendly and helpful (but beware of the grumpy cleaning lady!!). Location was excellent - just a few minutes away from some fantastic restaurants (try Kalypso or Marias for some delicious traditional dining), 10 minutes to the main beach or a few minutes to St Pauls Bay.

We were in the 2-bed apartment, which had a lot of character with lovely pebbled floors and a very traditional feel about it. The bedroom was a bit dark but other than that, couldn't fault the apartments. Very clean and tidy, with airconditioning, and set around a inner courtyard which was perfect for leisurely breakfasts in the shade. The veranda upstairs had lovely views to chill with a nice bottle of wine.

I would recommend getting detailed instructions to the apartments from the owner in advance depending on your point of arrival. We arrived into Lindos from the main bus stop but the directions we had were from St Pauls Bay so we got a bit lost initially (there are no street names in Lindos!). But once you've found it you'll always find your way back :o)

Overall, very recommendable.

• Liked — The location and the price!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple