“Family friendly!”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Family friendly!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Fantastic 10 days away with my husband and 3 children (13,11,9), and to attend our friends wedding at St. Paul's Bay. After an easy 50 mins drive from the airport, with the hotel well signed, we had a warm welcome by Irene and her sons. Although the kitchen was officially closed they provided us with a fantastic Greek meal, sat at a table overlooking the pool. Our room was better than we had imagined- having 3 children we often find the girls are squeezed into a tiny space, but not here. They had their own room and bathroom with a huge double bed, which comfortably fitted them all, plus a single bed,which would be a sofa area for a smaller family. Our bed was equally large and both rooms had the bonus of free air conditioning. Our friends were staying 2km away in a larger hotel, where the rooms and beds were tiny by comparison, with extra charges for air con, plus they had paid more per person! The pool area was larger than we had expected, spotlessly clean and never busy. Often our children had the whole pool to themselves! I would recommend a car to be able to drive to all the lovely beaches- we really liked Pethkos and Lee Bar for lunch and Kyma for dinner. Mostly we ate lunch at the hotel pool and if we weren't meeting our friends we stayed at the hotel for dinner. My husband said he had the best Moussaka, cooked by Irene herself. Her son told us it was his mothers best Moussaka so far this year! I would definitely come back to this hotel if visiting Rhodes again, but I would go when the weather was a bit cooler in May/June/September as it was too hot to enjoy the culture of the island.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

It’s a clean, comfortable, spacious and very well maintained place.
Irene made us feel welcome and was a pleasure to chat with, and we just felt lucky we managed to get a room although we booked just a day prior to our arrival.
The swimming pool was a treat as well, especially since the hotel is not by the sea. Actually, this is probably the only minus I can find in this place, but if you hire a car, finding a nice beach in the area is not a problem.
I would recommend this place both for couples and for families with children as a good place to relax in, or as a base to explore the island.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have just returned from an amazing 10 day stay at Ville Di Lindos. Having returned to the island of Rhodes for the 4th time it was our first stay at Ville Di Lindos and we were so impressed it is the one place we have stayed that we will most definitely return to.
I was travelling with my husband and 3 year old daughter so had quite a clear idea of what I required from my holiday and being 4 months pregnant a tranquil peaceful environment was my number 1 priority and Ville Di lindos did not disappoint.
I was very impressed from the moment I booked, I went directly via their website to book http://www.villedilindos.gr/ I had a few questions which they were very prompt in replying to me. I requested a ground floor suite as I thought this would be easier with a child and was told this was no problem. The room itself was very clean and spacious with a huge bed and separate area with a bed for my daughter separated with a low partition wall. The bathroom was modern and again very clean.
The facilities and grounds of the hotel exceeded our expectations. The swimming pool was by far the best feature with a shallow kid’s area and a very large pool with sun lounges and parasols. The view was lovely with an outlook of the sea and wonderfully kept gardens. The hotel also had a small kids play area which consisted of a playhouse, swings and climbing frames with a slide which my daughter loved along with the hotels dog which she also took a liking too.
The breakfast had enough choice for all serving fruit, breads, pastries, eggs, cheese, ham etc and was included in the room cost. The lunch was available from 1-3pm and dinner from 7-10pm. All was home cooked and traditional Greek food.
I was very impressed with the hotel staff especially Irene who I believe owns the hotel my daughter especially loved her and was given lots of free ice cream and freshly picked fruit!! Irenes 3 boys who also work at the hotel were just as lovely and were all a pleasure to be around.
We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Blackeldom
Nederland
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This spring we traveled trough Europe and started on Rhodes. As usual we looked for the rare combination of comfort, quality, nature, tranquility and of course a good price.
Ville di Lindos ticked all the boxes here!

The Good:
+ Wonderful spaceous appartments with beautiful sea views and superb beds(!).
+ Well maintained gardens with large pool.
+ Daily cleaning.
+ Quiet location 2 kilometers outside of pittoresk Lindos.
+ Extensive breakfast with some special foods.
+ Excellent food in the restaurant.
+ Very good price/quality.

The Bad.
- Sometimes loud music at the bar during the day.
- Unless you truly like to walk a car is required to visit Lindos

Highly recommended for a reviving holiday on Rhodes.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room in building 5.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed a week in mid June. Not at all crowded at this time.
The views were awesome, socially from our balcony and the pool area.
Great facilities, and meticulously clean.
The owners and staff were fantastic and welcoming without being intrusive.
After a mix up with the air con for 2 nights in a row we were treated to a lovely 4 course Greek meal with wine in their restaurant.
Situated halfway between Lindos and Pefki, you'll need a car or to be prepared to walk a couple of miles to the supermarket/resorts.

• Stayed June 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I Stayed 3 nights at Ville Di Lindos in September, it is a very pleasent hotel with spacious, clean rooms, a quiet swimming pool and great facilities.
The self catering room had everything you would expect although the TV didn't seem to pick up any channels (local or international.)
The hotel has a games room, large pool, kids pool, children's play area and bar/restaurant all of which were very good quality (I didn't eat in the resaurant but we got severe "food envy" when we got back after dinner one night and saw what others were eating!)

The location is great - 5 mins drive to Lindos for the acropolis, restaurants and bars. About 50 mins to Rhodes town. You really need a car though if planning to explore, I didn't see any local busses and it would be a good 25-30 minute walk to Lindos or the beach.

All in all, this was the perfect hotel for what we wanted and what we paid, it may have been just out of the main season but the hotel was very peaceful and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well,

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ben K
Eirinirhodes, Owner at Ville di Lindos, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thanks for the effort to convert us to forces.
.Very kind of you.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have to say, after travelling from the airport towards Lindos I had a feeling that Rhodes is just another greek island where the greeks only care about your money but not about how you feel. I was right, it is a very beautiful island, but no one cares about the garbage, you will find it everywhere but mostly in the NE part, closer to Rhodes and the airport. It is impossible not to see this, it is everywhere, next to the roads, next to the shops, in the airport, even in the old town in Rhodes. I have to say...for me this vacation was just a lot of money for something not even average.

First take home message...think twice if you want to go here.

Now, I also found very nice places, and after a few days on the island I forgot about what made me angry when I arrived so I started to enjoy what the island has to offer.

Definitely you need to stay closer to Lindos but not in Lindos village because it is very crowded, for me Lindos is something you have to visit only.
The location of Ville di Lindos has several advantages, it is not crowded, there are only a few villas next to it, it has a very nice view to the sea because is located higher, it has a pool, very big clean. you will also find a very nice garden, the owners do their best to keep the garden green although water is not an unlimited resource on the island and you will definitely see the striking difference with the outside of the villa where only rocks and burned soil can be seen.

The rooms are very big, the facilities are more than enough for a vacation where you want to discover the island and not "for watching favorite tv shows". I would recommend that you rent a car, the prices are not very expensive(30 euros/day for economy) and visit everything you want.
We've spent five nights in Lindos trying different restaurants like Dionysos, Mavrikos from which highly recommend Dionysos. Also just walking and shopping for small gifts is interesting since Lindos is very nice.

The breakfast was of medium quality but you have to also think of the price you pay, we like to travel and stay in five stars hotels but in Rhodes it is just too expensive during high season and also keep in mind most of the hotels here are very old and you might want to spend your money wisely.
You will find at the hotel free WIFI which worked fine, free parking, the option to serve dinner in the restaurant(was very good and such a nice place to spend you evening).
You will hear noise from other rooms but it was not too bad in my opinion.

When you do your reservation make sure you talk to the hotel directly instead of using a booking engine because you get the breakfast included in the same rate.

All in all a nice experience at Ville di Lindos which made our vacation a better one in the end.

Room Tip: Rooms in buildings 2,3,4 have better views because the first building is next to the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Your review flatters us why you're knowledgeable individuals.
Thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,489 reviews
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Ville di Lindos? Share your experiences!