“Superb”
Review of Krana Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lindos
Krana Apartments
“Superb”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Fantastic holiday at the krama. Small. Family run hotel with a huge welcoming feel. Perfect location with a five minute walk into the labyrinth of Lindos town. I would recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sheba25

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tiptree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Krana apartments and I can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have been on.

We usually do 5* all inclusive further afield or self catering in the canaries (again 4* or 5*), so I was a little worried that this wouldn't live up to our expectations. How wrong could I have been! We have never been to any of the Greek islands before so can not compare but from what I have heard from friends and people we met whilst away booking a 3* hotel/apartment in Greece could have been a bit risky.

We arrived at 6am after a night flight to a beautiful sunrise. The reception was unattended but there is a sign to the side which explained where our room was and where to find our keys.

We stayed in room 2, which was at the back of the main block. Originally I was slightly disappointed as I had wanted a pool/sea view but in hindsight I'm pleased we had one at the back. The balcony (which was of a good size) was much more peaceful and private compared to the front rooms. If you want a sea view you are only ever a few minutes away from the best view in Lindos, just by going down to the pool area.

The first thing we did was buy the air conditioning for a week (€60), which was well worth it. It was around 38-40 degrees whilst we were there and it doesn't cool down at night either!

Marina, Jenny and Fedra (two sisters and their mother) are very welcoming and couldn't have done more for us. They serve food from 9am - 8pm so we often had lunch here and they are very generous with portions considering how cheap it was. You can also buy bottles of water, ice creams, crisps and various drinks at reception. Anything else you may need you can get from the supermarkets down some steps just outside the apartments. You will also find the Lindos ice bar down the steps which, although we didn't eat here ourselves, was well recommended by other guests.

We generally stayed by the pool most days as it was so hot. The pool was exceptionally clean and very big considering how few people were staying here. We would often have the pool to ourselves. There is also a small children's pool although there were no children staying here, only a couple of teenagers with their parents. I think these apartments are definitely aimed at couples, small groups than families with young children. It was very peaceful. There were always, always sunbeds available no matter what time of day you got to the pool. The one thing I would say is that Greek swimming pools are public which means anyone can come and use them, this was fine and didn't really effect us, although towards the end of our week we found some of the English bar staff that stay and work in Lindos were coming and slightly taking over the pool area during the day!

We went to the small beach (palace beach) one day which was, we found, the nicest and cleanest of the 3 beaches in Lindos. You also have St Paul's Bay and the main beach. St. Paul's was so busy and also not all that clean. Looks lovely from a distance though. All beaches are crammed with sunbeds and are €4 per bed a day. We also walked up to the acropolis. €6 entry but defiantly worth the views! We went at around 4pm and it was hot but to be honest anytime you go it's going to be hot this time of year! You can get a donkey up which is just cruel! They should be used for children only, not the fat, lazy people that couldn't be bothered to walk. These animals are quite poorly treated.

Lindos itself at night was beautiful. During the day you get coach loads of people arriving in for day trips but by night the little narrow streets are just magical to walk around. You really do get 'romantically lost' whilst walking around. We went for a meal every night and typically spent €50-€60 on starters, main course with a couple of beers and half a carafe of wine. I would recommend Kalypso, Stefanys and Mythos. There were a few bars and clubs but nothing major. Lindos by night was lovely to sit and have a drink with great views. Also, the captains house which is tucked away is very traditional and worth a visit.

Lindos and also the Krana apartments are not ideal for people with walking difficulties. The Krana is at the top of the hill and you just follow the road down to the town which is 5minutes away. Can be more of an effort to walk back up so there are taxis to take you back €4 each way.

Overall I would not hesitate to recommend the Krana apartments to anyone. I think one other guest we met summed it up to me saying they have stayed in Lindos town for the past 20years. This year they chose to stay at the Krana and now they will never go back to the town as nothing compared to here. The family work tirelessly day in day out to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. It was certainly this and so much more.
These apartments are the cleanest accommodation I think
I have ever stayed in. The have everything you need including hair dryer, kettle, toaster etc and bathroom towels which were changed once whilst we were away, same as the bed sheets. The maids came to our room everyday to make beds and so on.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank EssexSunsearcher
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just returned from the Krana with my wife after a two week holiday and we cannot compliment it enough. Marina and Federa were exceptional hosts and the room we had, overlooking the pool was amazing. This is certainly one of the cleanest and friendliest places we have stayed at and would recommend it to anyone. It is perfectly situated with great views overlooking both the Acropolis and Lindos bay. It offers a short walk into the town and for anyone staying here I would recommend eating at 'the Mythos restaurant and bar' which is arguably the best restaurant in Lindos where the authentic Greek food is exceptional. Alternatively for a fantastic wood cooked pizza go to the casa Della Pizza restaurant where the pizza's are the best I have had 'anywhere'.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as it is a small family run complex however we had one on the ground floor overl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eric M
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

just come back for our second holiday at the krana. just the same as it was 2 years ago. if you are looking for the perfect place to chillout then this is the place for you. you can't beat this view and the rooms are spotless clean, a beautiful pool area with plenty of sunbeds. if you need anything at all just ask Marina,Federa or Jenny as nothing was too much trouble.
if you go into the village a taxi costs 4 euros (its a lot easier in a taxi at 2 am). if you want to chillout and do a bit of people watching the red rose sports bar is a place to start.
thanks for another fab holiday.

Room Tip: they say travel on a wednesday for the front rooms, don't know if its correct but it worked for...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank denise_martin_2011
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just back from another great two weeks at the Krana (7th year). The location has by far the best view not only in Lindos but to my mind in Rhodes. Just outside the village but within 5 min walk, with fantastic view of both the Acropolis and the Bay. The family of Marina, her mum Federa and sister Jenny can't do enough for you and treat us as friends not customers. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily, the pool bigger than you would expect for a small complex of just 14 apartments, with children's pool and Jacuzzi and the food (wide selection) excellent. Get's a lot of repeat customers, so would advise booking early, we have already for next year !!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank apresskiliverpool
Derbyshire United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just had a perfect week staying at the Krana Apartments, we had never been to Rhodes before but we will be returning, the hospitality we received from Marina,Federa and Jenny was outstanding nothing was too much trouble. The apartments are clean and comfortable as are the pool area and bar.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Debbie P
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

A belated review but that is no way a reflection of my view of the Krana. I had never been to Rhodes before and have to say it was one of my best holidays ever. So much so I recommended the apartments to my brother in law and his wife and they went just two months later and had an equally fab time. I was going to go again this year but ended up going to stop with family elsewhere, however will certainly want to go next year. Apartments really clean and spacious as were the outside grounds. The pool area was just heaven and no issue with getting a sunbed and there was plenty of space around so didn't feel crowded in. The amount of regulars to the apartments is true testament to the place. It was great that we were just on the outside of Lindos main town with magnificent views. There was a pathway that led out of the back of the pool area down to the main road and then a short walk (5/10 mins) down hill to the town. We had no difficultly walking down or back up but even if you don't feel up to it there were lots of taxis around to take you up the hill for very little money. The apartments are also well located to catch the local buses which will take you anywhere on the island, again for just a small charge. Thoroughly recommend the place, although a little bit of me thought twice about recommending the apartments as wanted to keep them to myself!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple