“Stay the night if you want to see the true Lindos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lindos

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Monument, Colorado
171 helpful votes
“Stay the night if you want to see the true Lindos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Lindos is great. St. Paul's Bay was my favorite, closely followed by the Captain's House (bar/historical site) located in the heart of Lindos.

We only went into town after 4pm, and missed the crazy crowds that come for the day as part of packaged tours. I like the time of year that we visited, mid-June. It wasn't too hot outside, but hot enough to enjoy swimming.

I thought the Acropolis was a great setting, but the Italians did a terrible job restoring it.....very sad to see the bad replications that they have done in comparrison to the Acropolis at Athens or the buildings in Ephesus or Rome.

I would recommend spending a night or two in Rhodes Town as well, and also renting a car when on the island.

2 Thank pedrothelion77
oldbury, west midlands
80 helpful votes
“Lindos. A piece of heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

We didn't stay in Lindos, we were in Pefkos. Can't describe what it was like on paper, but just fell in love with the place. Next year hopefully, staying in the village. With it's little winding streets and bouganvilla, it's the best place we've ever been to. Hubby fell in love with the place as soon as we stepped into the village. We went four times on our two week stay and still got lost. Donkeys passing everywhere. Lovely tavernas, all varying in price, but something for everyone. Bar prices also differing prices. Good beaches. Heard lately that it was very quiet. AI doesn't help. Please support the local tavernas and bars. Can't wait for next year!!

1 Thank doris45
taffland
2 helpful votes
“crazy donkey handlers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

just got back may 2011 be wary of the donkey handlers as they pass you on the way up to the acropolyis . They nudge you out of the way and will even give you a sly little kick if you get in their way .I had one handler come nose to nose screaming at me to keep walking as i was apparently impeding the donkey .Icomplained to the man in charge but got a really smarmey smirk for my trouble.went past the local town hall called in to complain but got nowhere.

1 Thank taffTaffland
Bucharest, Romania
78 helpful votes
“Blue sky, blue sea and wonderful Lindos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

If you are seeking for total relaxation and an incredible sightseeing somewhere in Europe, you can find it in Lindos, in the south of the Greek island of Rhodes. Beautiful beaches, an ancient village, yachts, the sun, the warm Mediteraneean sea, silence, relaxation, is there anything more that you wish for?

2 Thank Septimiu
berkshire
6 helpful votes
“my greek wedding planners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I've just got back from Lindos after having the wedding of my dreams. We used "unforgettable rhodes weddings" wedding planners, and I can't big them up enough! They gave us a brilliant package, and just having them around on the day really put my mind at rest as anything we wanted, they organised. It was TOTALLY stress free. We got married in St Pauls Chapel, and anyone thinking of doing the same:
1) wear flat shoes!! My groom wore flip flops
2) choose late afternoon as it gets soooo hot in the day
3) just GO FOR IT. All our guests thought it was one of the best weddings they had been to. There was no pomp or stuffiness and because everyone there was on holiday, it made it a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

Good Luck!

3 Thank lulabellejayne

Been to Lindos? Share your experiences!