“Fabulously fresh and flavoursome pasta”

Ristorante Il Fuedo
Ranked #30 of 39 Restaurants in Monteriggioni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulously fresh and flavoursome pasta”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is an un-assuming trattoria in the central piazza of the beautiful walled city of Monteriggioni. The Pear-stuffed Tortellini with a Pecorino (sheep's cheese) and Pistachio sauce was spectacular. Probably the best pasta I have ever had (well, equal first with the Stuffed Squid in Salina at Cucinotta)

• Hebrew first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One Really Good Pasta Dish, But Frustrating Overall Experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wish I had read some of the other reviews prior to stopping or lunch at Il Feudo, or we may have skipped it altogether. The pizza was decent, and the pasta stuffed with pears and cheese was some of the best we've had in quite some time. Kudos for that. Price was okay, not expensive, not cheap.

Given how good the food was, I'd review this place higher if it had its service act was together. However, average value of food price combined with less-than-average service makes for a poor rating and a non-return. I expect to have to ask for service as needed, and to have to ask for the bill at the end of the meal. I don't expect to have to ask for the bill, wait 10-15 minutes, then have to ask for the bill again. And I certainly don't appreciate asking for the bill, then asking for the bill again, and then having to eventually walk inside to try to find the bill myself, total time 25-30 minutes. Particularly when people around me are promptly getting their checks and exchanging puzzled looks with me about why I'm not getting mine (one couple commenting to us, "She must have plenty of time."). With a family and an agenda planned for the day, I simply don't have plenty of time.

If you have the better part of the day to spend, and are looking for some really good pasta at an average price, this may be your stop.

“One dish shone”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Ate here outside as a glorious day. Overall food and service was fair if not great, hate cover charges, i know its only 1.5 euro, but is not clearly advertised, so be warned. Would have been a three star if not for one dish - the pecorino and pear fagottelli with pecorino and pistachio sauce which was outstanding.

Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
“Bad experience at Il Feudo Caffetteria Ristorante”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a bad experience at Il Feudo for lunch. First, the kitchen took 45 minutes after our appetizers to have our main dishes ready. My wife was dying for her first Tuscan steak and it came out severely undercooked (and the cut of meat was of low quality). Due to the long wait for the meal, she chose to return it and have it taken off the bill. Well, what ensued was another 30 minutes of arguing with the poor waiter chosen to convey by the owner/chef that: 1. We must pay the entire bill. 2. He would call the police if we did not.
After this ridiculous game of back and forth, I luckily had 40 Euros cash and gave it to them which was slightly more than owed after subtracting the cost of the steak.
I noticed that the unlucky diners with kids also having to wait in excess of a hour for their food. I cannot tell you if this was an usual occurrence or par for the course.
Given the reviews here, I would say go when you are not in a rush and order very carefully sticking to food that is easy to prepare. You cannot go wrong with wine and cheese.

Florence, Italy
“Not very friendly to tourists”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

When asked for the bill it came all together and when we asked inside the Restoration the head waiter said no we can not do separate bills it take too long and I want to eat. They had a cash register where it is possible to separate the food but no we were obliged to do it ourselves with the help of the menu. For me they do not particularly like tourists well they don`t come back so why bother. In Tuscany you find this so often no wonder the tourists are going to Umbria or the Marche.
The Pizza was mediocre no seasoning and it was forgotten and only arrived when pointing this out.
sorry but I wont go there again and can not recommend it.