“Not as bad as people say!”

Ristorante Il Fuedo
Ranked #29 of 39 Restaurants in Monteriggioni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
england
“Not as bad as people say!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We were served by a lovely and friendly waitress...food was pretty good and reasonably priced -for such a tiny little village with mainly passing trade I thought it was quite good. Got our food quite promptly and nice and hot.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Soulless in beautiful monteriggioni”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Had a mediocre lunch meal here with my family. Moderate pizza and pasta. What was worse was the service if there was any of it at all...
Just go to one of the other restaurants around!

Sydney, Australia
“Fabulously fresh and flavoursome pasta”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is an un-assuming trattoria in the central piazza of the beautiful walled city of Monteriggioni. The Pear-stuffed Tortellini with a Pecorino (sheep's cheese) and Pistachio sauce was spectacular. Probably the best pasta I have ever had (well, equal first with the Stuffed Squid in Salina at Cucinotta)

Salt Lake City, Utah
“One Really Good Pasta Dish, But Frustrating Overall Experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wish I had read some of the other reviews prior to stopping or lunch at Il Feudo, or we may have skipped it altogether. The pizza was decent, and the pasta stuffed with pears and cheese was some of the best we've had in quite some time. Kudos for that. Price was okay, not expensive, not cheap.

Given how good the food was, I'd review this place higher if it had its service act was together. However, average value of food price combined with less-than-average service makes for a poor rating and a non-return. I expect to have to ask for service as needed, and to have to ask for the bill at the end of the meal. I don't expect to have to ask for the bill, wait 10-15 minutes, then have to ask for the bill again. And I certainly don't appreciate asking for the bill, then asking for the bill again, and then having to eventually walk inside to try to find the bill myself, total time 25-30 minutes. Particularly when people around me are promptly getting their checks and exchanging puzzled looks with me about why I'm not getting mine (one couple commenting to us, "She must have plenty of time."). With a family and an agenda planned for the day, I simply don't have plenty of time.

If you have the better part of the day to spend, and are looking for some really good pasta at an average price, this may be your stop.

“One dish shone”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Ate here outside as a glorious day. Overall food and service was fair if not great, hate cover charges, i know its only 1.5 euro, but is not clearly advertised, so be warned. Would have been a three star if not for one dish - the pecorino and pear fagottelli with pecorino and pistachio sauce which was outstanding.