I spent a week at Monteriggioni Castello in May this year, with my sister and our mother. We had been looking for a very special place, as the whole trip was to be our mother’s birthday gift (she is 70). It turned out everything we wished for. An authentic, old little house that had been thoughtfully and stylishly renovated, retaining the charm of age but providing every comfort.
The apartment is airy and spacious. The kitchen is small but two to three persons can still comfortably prepare a meal together -- largely thanks to the fact that there is not one but two entrances between the kitchen and the large living room with the dining table. All the basic kitchen equipment is there. If anything, we missed paper towels and plastic garbage bags after a few days of stay.
The bathroom is just as clean and comfortable as everything else.
One of the bedrooms has a door leading to a tiny patio where one can sit and sip coffee. Our mother, who smokes, appreciated this easy access to a private, cosy outdoor space. Mornings and evenings we sat there listening to the doves, to the church bells ringing hours, and watching the tiny town wake up and go to sleep. The Castello gives you that smug feeling that you *live* at Monteriggioni, as opposed to all the other tourists :-)
One has access to the owners’ quiet garden/orchard adjacent to the medieval wall. There one can also park one’s car.
The owner family are every bit as hospitable, accomodating, charming and helpful as other reviewers have said. They are always available, yet making one feel left in peace. Their gestures of genuine, personal hospitality added an extra nice touch.
Final tip: if you travel in a rented car, make sure not to choose the biggest broadest one – this saves you the struggle while driving in to town through the narrow medieval gate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming holiday-house within the medieval walls of Monteriggioni. A fortified village right in the heart of Tuscany a few km away from Siena and Florence. Recently restructured it's both elegant and refined, family-run it also has an informal atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Camere Dentro Il Castello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteriggioni Castello Hotel Monteriggioni
- Camere Dentro Il Castello Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany