“Some reservations”

Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Limone sul Garda
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Lovely hotel in a stunning location. Room clean, well equipped with the promised partial lake view, i.e., there are palm trees but you can still see the lake! Attentive service. Good breakfast buffet, but the coffee was mediocre, sometimes very weak. Five course dinner variable - mainly international dishes, not typically Italian, and I was sometimes slightly disappointed. Other guests were predominantly German. Free Wifi. Outdoor pool lovely and always sunbeds available. Surprised at the lack of dress code in the spa - in the interests of hygiene guests should be required to wear swimwear or a towel in the sauna and steam rooms, most people did, but there were alarming exceptions! Limone sul Garda is a lovely village, and La Limonaia del Castel is well worth a visit, entry 2 euros, fantastic views and interesting history.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JandBT
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao

Reviewed 18 September 2012

What a treat to have been recommended this hotel by our holiday agent - the hotel, a wonderful and exciting 2.5 hour drive from Venice was perfect to arrive into, we were treated very with courteous and welcoming reception staff and restaurant staff...who had to be very patient and accomodating for my very fussy palate. They were always willing to suggest alternatives to the meal options....and that brings me onto the view from the restaurant...we were one of 6 couples who had the very highly prized window seats for 3 nights...for dinner...wow...what a treat that was - thank you for that Park Hotel Imperial Mgmt...similarly the view from our Junior Suite in the new building you access over a cute little bridge...well it was cute until I decided to wear my hotel slippers on the last day whilst it was raining...and slipped onto my back. Nobody's fault but mine so no complaints - just a warning..don't do that yourself!
Take a drive out if you can using the 2 or 3 recommended routes - you won't regret it.
PS - very interesting spa - but be warned - some couples like to go commando!

Room Tip: Junior Suite - perfect.
1  Thank Ajay J
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel has a 5 star rating - don't believe it for a second. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels and this one is not close. The list - they screwed up our reservation so we had to move rooms for the last night (doesn't happen at a 5 star). The room they gave us for the last night was an upgrade in name only to a suite. Our first room was non-smoking and had a view of the lake - our "suite" was a smoking room and had no view. In addition, the small things that make a 4 star a 5 star are not here - no coffee maker in the room, no room service menu in the room, rude staff at breakfast and other places in the hotel, beds are rock hard, Restaurant was not 5 star quality food either...............reading other reviews this experience doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. Beware.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a suite - not worth the extra bucks. and if you do make sure it is a second floor suite...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Popoki63
ParkHotelImperial, Direttore at Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Popoki63,

I'm really very sorry for what happened. I understand your disappointment and of course I apologize, on behalf of all the staff, also here. Unfortunately because of the wrong input of your booking, the room of your last night's stay had to be changeg. In order to excuse us we have given you an upgraded room (Junior Suite) and our housekeeper provided personally to move in the new room all your things.
Our mattresses are patented “Medicott” all antiallergics, for a total hygiene function. We get compliments from our guests, all of the time about the comfort and the quality of sleep. However in case of specific problems, and only by request, we can replace them with latex mattresses.
If you allow me, I find it slightly inaccurate your definition that our Restaurant is not of a 5 stars quality, since you have not had the opportunity to take your meals at our restaurant.
Concluding your review with “beware” does not reflect neither the reality nor the opinion of so many customers who reward us by placing our hotel at the top of the list on this portal.
I am sure that your review goes beyond your intentions since you wrote it when you were still in the hotel at the time of having to change room for the last night.

I am pleased to inform you we have introduced that in all the rooms the courtesy set tray with a kettle so that now you can prepare hot tea or coffee by yourselves without requiring room service.
I invite you personally to come back and visit us again.

With best regards
Director

Reviewed 11 September 2012

This really is a top class hotel. From the moment we arrived the service provided by the staff was first rate. Our suite was spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable. The facilities, including the indoor and outdoor pool, are first rate. The evening meal provded some of the best food we have been served anywhere in the world! We will certainly go back to the park imperial.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Nikhardy
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We've just returned from a week at the Park Hotel Imperial and had a fantastic time. We thought the hotel was superb - spectacular views of the lake and surrounding areas, good attention to detail and clean/well maintained communal areas. The pool area in particular was a serene and tidy space with lovely views of the mountains.
With 5 courses every night and a vast breakfast selection you are spoilt for choice when it comes to the food. We couldn't fault this, but we did find ourselves (on the odd occasion) fancying a something simple like a pizza, but this is of course personal preference.
The walk into town is about 10 minutes. We recommend taking the ferry to Malcesine and hiring the hotel's own Fiat 500 (complete with picnic) which was brilliant for exploring the wider area.
Staff were really helpful and friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a Lake View.
2  Thank Walfie25
ParkHotelImperial, Direttore at Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Walfie25,

I clearly feel from your words the emotion of someone who spent a very nice holiday here with us at Park Hotel Imperial, and this makes me really happy. I read between the lines that you lived a day of “Dolce Vita Sprint” using our Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, in great demand by our customers because, as you write, it is really perfect to enjoy the thrill of moving up and down the beautiful streets of the villages which characterize our region.

We look forward to welcome you again to the Park Hotel Imperial for enjoying again the emotion of the “Dolce Vita”.

with best regards
Direttore

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Incredibly unhappy!! On arrival, after traveling all day, we found out that staff had messed up our booking, despite emails and phone calls before our arrival. Other families experienced this too. Staff said they would move us to another hotel for 1 night and give us that night free. However, we moved to this awful/ disgustingly dirty hotel! We complained but they said if you’re not happy find your own hotel! We then went back to the hotel the day after and did not receive the promised lake view room! We could barely see the lake or anything due to obscurity! On the penultimate night, we went to settle the bill to be told we were now not going to be given the night free which we were promised! We spent hours debating with staff and then of course no one could apparently speak English. They then left us standing in reception for hours hoping we’d go away. We had a door slammed in our face and eventually the owner came out and assaulted my partner by throttling him!! Never ever stay in this hotel. We went to the police and found out that the owner has done this before

Room Tip: This hotel is not 5 star quality. Would look at other hotels in Lake Garda
9  Thank DrESiddall
ParkHotelImperial, Direttore generale at Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Dr E. Siddall,

I believe we need to clarify the situation in an appropriate way because your version of the facts does not appear to be entirely objective. Your stay at the Park Hotel Imperial began as well as possible and with our best intentions. Upon your arrival we immediately recognised our mistake in the management of your booking, we made our apologies and we offered and described two alternative accommodation solutions:
• in a 4 star hotel in Limone sul Garda (there are no other 5 stars in Limone apart from ours) and for this reason with full reimbursement for the night.
Or
• accommodation in another 5 star hotel in a nearby resort, Riva del Garda.

Your first choice was the 4 star, however, this hotel did not meet your expectations and you opted for the 5 star; you were taken, at our expense, by taxi to the luxury 5 star hotel (a category superior to ours) in Riva del Garda. Naturally, your accommodation in the hotel was paid for by us (500 Euros for one night). The following day you returned by taxi to continue your holiday in perfect tranquillity for the next 6 days. We gave you a room on the upper floor with a partial lake view, the one you originally booked did not have a view. We also provided you with our “Fidelity” voucher, reserved for our habitual guests, which allowed you to make use of certain beauty farm treatments free of charge at our Tao centre.
On our side every effort was made to make up for the initial mistake which we caused.
When the time came to check out your behaviour was entirely unjustified, and left us absolutely speechless. The aggressive tone you used (your physical size is considerable and this too makes a difference, with respect) frightened all the front office staff who even found it necessary to shut themselves in the office for self protection. Your threats and shouts frightened not only our staff but also the other guests who happened to be there to see your performance.
Nothing like this has ever happened to us before! Witnessing such behaviour took us entirely by surprise, I admit, but our clients are normally civilised people who are capable of behaving and interacting with others according to the rules of good manners and common sense.
Asking for the reimbursement of your first night was absolutely not your right (I also repeat here), and I had suggested that you contact your tour operator for assistance, but you refused to listen.... since we accommodated you for the first night in a superior category hotel at our expense. Beating your fists on the reception counter and bursting into my private office were not steps we appreciated, and my reaction was simply to accompany you outside.
It really was like a scene from a film, which we at the Imperial, I repeat, have never seen before! I really do not believe that such behaviour would be tolerated even in your home country, to be honest.
I would further like to specify that your hotel extras bill remains outstanding and it is my duty to inform you that we are evaluating whether to take legal action in relation to damages, defamation and failure to pay your extras bill.
I do not believe there is anything further to add.

The Management
Risatti Family

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We have just returned from an enjoyable week's holiday at the Park Hotel Imperial. By and large, we were pleased with the hotel. It is beautifully manicured and very clean. The pool and sunbathing areas are very nice, with spectacular views from the raised terraces. From what we could see, it is definitely the most plush hotel in the area. It is in an excellent location - very quiet and just a short walk into town, albeit up a fairly steep hill which may be a challenge for those with mobility problems.

However, in our opinion, and on comparison to other hotels we have visited worldwide, the 5 star rating is a little generous. Therefore, although we would recommend the hotel to others (I'm sure you will enjoy it!), we would advise people to temper their expectations just a little, rather than arrive and then feel a little bit disappointed, as we were.

The niggles we had with the hotel were:

1. The air conditioning in the bedrooms did not function well. We struggled to get the temperature in our rooms to fall below 27 degrees C on most days/nights which made for a quite uncomfortable sleep, especially for a fairly heavily pregnant woman like myself. We did discuss the high temperatures with Reception but were advised that this was quite normal during warm weather and that there was nothing they could do.
2. Although very nicely fitted out, our bathroom had a large tile missing from above the bath, which was quite unsightly. There was also a fair amount of black mildew underneath the silicone sealant around the bath tub. Both things were not really representative of a true 5 star hotel. We also arrived to find a used bar of soap next to the bidet, which wasn't very nice as we could only imagine what that had been used for by the previous occupant!
3. We believe the evening restaurant is supposed to be very nice (though we didn't try it). However, the breakfast and lunch options were quite disappointing. Adequate, but definitely not 5 star quality.
4. The helpfulness and friendliness of staff was somewhat variable - from super-accommodating to quite dismissive and even bordering on rude on a couple of occasions.
5. One of our party (a teenage boy) cut himself quite badly on the foot due to some broken glass around the pool area. We do appreciaate that this was quite probably an exremely unlucky and rare accident, but it did make us question how diligently the pool area is monitored for such hazzards.

In conclusion - despite the niggles I described, we really did enjoy our holiday very much and we would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jennifermcb
ParkHotelImperial, Direttore at Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Jennifermcb,

Thank you for the time you have dedicated to us on this portal. I have read very carefully both your praise, for which I thank you, but especially the part which you describe as our "faults" during your stay to which I shall try to respond accurately:

1 – Air conditioning: during the days of your stay Italy was subject to an exceptional heatwave which even in our area reach peaks of 40° in the shade!
We had a really humid August with above average temperatures.
I am confident you will understand that brining the room temperature from 38/40° to 27° (in reality it has been proved that the thermostat reads 1 or 2 degrees higher) is already a significant drop in temperature of over 10° which personally and for the health of our guests I find more than satisfactory.
However, your particular situation may have required greater sensitivity from our staff and I extend my apologies personally if you got the impression you were not being listened to.

2 – The bathroom: we are aware that some (very few) of our bathrooms are in need of renovation. In your specific case the missing tile was the beginning of renovation work which we were obliged to interrupt, a really unfortunate episode, but one which we were unable to avoid in spite of our best intentions. We are fully committed and make every effort to avoid our clients being affected by this work; if and when it happens we are the first to apologise, believe me.
I read your comments about the soap and I was honestly surprised, truly amazed, nothing of this kind has ever happened before in many many years, I assure you! I would have preferred to receive your complaint directly in our Hotel so that I could deal with it immediately for you, but I would like to make clear that the soap was certainly yours, I can categorically exclude the possibility that it belonged to the previous client, excuse me, but the cleaning carried out by our ladies are too carefully managed and detailed for this to be possible. The ladies who take care of cleaning and tidying your rooms have been working with us for many years, they are most reliable, scrupulous and carry out their duties with great care, believe me.
We have complete faith in the management of our housekeeper who has always been extremely competent and often complimented on the tidiness and cleanliness of the rooms.
I am pleased to forward her personal apologies for what happened.

3 – Breakfast: please note that during the summer season both breakfast and lunch are served on the garden veranda by the swimming pool and may appear rather more informal than when they are served in the indoor breakfast room. I can only repeat that the quality of the food which we offer our clients is a priority for us, fresh and wholesome foods only. Furthermore, we aim as far as possible to use local suppliers who provide or produce groceries of excellent quality, and help to reduce our environmental impact, as you are aware we are located within the "Alto Garda Bresciano Park"

4 – Staff courtesy: ours is one of the best professions, but also one of the most difficult. There are, unfortunately, days when our work becomes more intense and it can happen, although rarely, that we fall short of the high standards expected by our guests. We are certainly the first to regret that this can happen and we constantly undertake to improve our communicative skills, our willingness to listen to and accommodate our guests.

5 – Swimming pool: the swimming pool is regularly cleaned and tidied every morning and every evening. Drinks in this area are served in unbreakable plastic containers and ashtrays are made of aluminium, all in order to promote the safety of our guests. In spite of these precautions we can only suppose that someone must have broken a glass in the area, not supplied by the hotel, without informing any of the staff so that we could safely remove the fragments. As you yourself pointed out, it was just an unfortunate accident which, thanks to the strict measures we adopt in our swimming pool area, had never happened before.

I hope I have managed to clarify how the "faults" came about and I am delighted to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the birth of your baby and I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back as soon as possible!

Best wishes

#17 of 42 in Limone sul Garda
Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel
Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel
#7 of 42 in Limone sul Garda

Been to Park Hotel Imperial - Centro Tao? Share your experiences!