The service was poor.
The room was so basic, I wanted to leave as soon as I arrived. The wardrobe was so high that it could only be reached by using a pole which we attached to our coat hangers, which made life very difficult as myself and friend are not very tall, but then again neither are italians!
Our bedding wasn't changed during the whole of the week's stay, and I found a flea in my bed on one occasion.
The food was so basic and ordinary. running out of various items during the week. No fruit juice one morning or tinned fruit (no fresh fruit) and no toaster.
We had to walk dowbn 90 steps to reach the lake, which became a problem when the steps were slippery, after rain.
The lift was frequently out of order, which was difficult when moving suitcases down two flights of stairs.
I feel that this hotel should only be rated a 1 star, and I am surprised that it was found in your Thompsons brochure, as before I have always had very good hotels with good food and cleanliness.
All in all we had a very disappointing holiday, one that I have been looking forward to for several years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Castell, grown in the rocky face of an lemon house "limonaia", in a quiet and phenomenal location, situated just e few steps from the characteristic historical center of the town, with shops, cafe's and restaurants, which can be reached by an internal staircase. The hotel has 48 comfortable and friendly rooms, divided into two categories: the double rooms Standard and the double rooms Superior. All rooms with shower/W.C., hairdryer, telephone, TV/Sat, safe and balcony. Internet connection (WLAN) free throughout the Hotelproperty. Rich breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant offers great quality and style cuisine that retrieves all the flavours of Italian tradition. Our Outdoor Pool is in a beautiful location, with a small refreshment area, the ideal place to relax, to ffer you drinks, snacks or sip an aperitif in the magic of the place Small parking place in front of the hotel or free garage (300mt) from the hotel You will have a reception open 24 hours on 24 and the friendly staff is happy to provide tourist information and help with your every request. Parking-place guarantee at 300 mt. from the Hotel. In Hotel ONLY on request and reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Castell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castell Hotel Limone Sul Garda
- Hotel Castell Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy