Hotel Castell
Hotel Splendid Palace(Limone sul Garda)
US$216
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Dirce(Limone sul Garda)
US$123
US$120
Hotel Villa Romantica(Limone sul Garda)
US$221
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Alexander(Limone sul Garda)
US$182
US$172
Hotel San Pietro(Limone sul Garda)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cristina(Limone sul Garda)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Royal Village(Limone sul Garda)
US$126
US$119
  • Pool
Hotel Panorama(Limone sul Garda)
US$157
US$153
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Du Lac(Limone sul Garda)
US$341
US$659
US$327
All reviewsceiling fanpool arearoom and en suiteextension leadabsolutely loved our holidaybreathtaking viewsthe cliffair conreception barmobility issuesexcellent breakfastview from the balconylovely hotelstayed here for a weekemailed the hotelend of junecold meats
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The views of Lake Garda and Limone from this hotel are stunning and it's location and ease of access immediately into the town center is too good to be true. The staff are the most friendly and helpful that we have ever encountered. Although spotlessly clean the rooms and interior decor of the building are all in need of some redecorating and updating. The food was quite good and the restaurant well organised. Would love to go back and be prepared to pay extra to see improvements to the rooms. This hotel could have everything going for it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Hotel Castell is a very nice 3*** hotel. Its located on the mountain side and most of the room have a fantastic panorama view to Lake Garda.
There is a small path behind the swimming pool who brings you easy down to the city.
The staff is very helpfull. There was no wifi when I was there, but the manager tells me it will be there soon.'

Room Tip: If you are a couple, try order double room nr. 2, 3 or 4. Its on the top and also have a very big terrasse.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank dkjohn
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed here for 11 days with my mother and my two children last July. The views over Limone and the lake are absolutely fantastic and definitely the hotel's major selling point. We had two rooms with a large terrace shared with 2 other rooms. Although shared there were screens and enough privacy. Although the hotel decor is perhaps a little dated, it was clean and comfortable. The staff were all very nice especially the waitresses and the girl on reception. The manager became very friendly on our final day when we had quite a nice chat with him. Maybe he was glad we were leaving :) The lift broke down a couple of days before we left and the night porter carried our luggage (including my very heavy suitcase) up two flights of stairs to reception on the day we left which must have been above and beyond the call of duty.

The only downside to the hotel is the 100 steps down to the village. Definitely not practical for anyone with mobility issues. Although if you're even only reasonably fit it's not a problem and there's a beautiful view to stop and look at on the way up if you need to catch your breath. Limone itself is a beautiful village, definitely my favourite place on Lake Garda. Getting on ferries to visit other towns and villages on the lake is easy. The lady in the ticket office may seem a little scary but became very friendly and talkative when I spoke to her in Italian. A trip over to Malcesine and on the cable car to the top of Monte Baldo is a must but go as early in the morning as you can. My daughter and I queued for an hour for the cable car and we arrived for it opening at 10am. By the time we came down 4 hours later the queue was much longer. If you're going out and about, Lazise, Sirmione, Gardone Riviera, Venice, Verona and Milan are all well worth a visit.

All in all, I'd definitely return to Limone and stay at the Castell. Well worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lake view. There are superior rooms available for a supplement but I thought the ordinary rooms were perfectly adequate if you're only there to sleep and relax on the balcony. More space on the shared balconies than the private ones. Lots of privacy provided by screens and large plants.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank seren72_12
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the Castell in September. Although our room was quite small it was very clean and the views from the balcony are stunning. The pool area is very nice and well kept although the sun beds are rather hard and I would recommend buying a cushion from the centre. The food in the hotel was very good with plenty of choice and again with stunning views across the lake. The girls in the restaurant work very hard to ensure drinks and food are served quickly and always with a smile. The reception staff and manager (Rocco) were always happy to help and nothing was too much trouble. We had a fantastic holiday at the Castell and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewcastleBreaks
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and wish we had booked more time here. The views are absolutely amazing and because of the hotels structure garanteed because all the rooms face the Lake. Rooms where always cleaned the day after and service was the best I've experienced in Italy as a whole. The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast. There was so much choice! And the freshest bread I've had in years... And you get to eat with an amazing view of the lake, just go early to get a good seat. The hotel is a bit outdated, but that's not an issue for me as the Pool and table tennis area combined with the views and all the above make up for it. The town is an interesting 5 minute walk. Going downs the easy part ;) make sure to take some bread to feed the birds on the lake. The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel is the evening Dinner arrangements. You have to book it in advance and pay a set €16 for a three course meal. We never eat three courses and there where no other options to choose from, so we ended up eating elsewhere which is a shame. But overall my favorite hotel in Italy so far...

• Stayed: October 2012