Some of the reviews already posted paint a poor picture of The Castell, and also suggest the manager is rude and staff poor, plus moany comments about the food and small rooms. I beg to differ - big time. We have been there several times and have NEVER found the manager to be anything but charming, as are all the rest of the staff including the SEVERAL staff cleaning the rooms etc. The Castell is a smallish 3* Italian hotel, and The Castell delivers exactly what smallish 3* Italian hotels deliver - good but simple food served by efficient and friendly staff, small but very adequate rooms serviced very efficiently by friendly housekeepers and a warm welcome by a really nice manager who is very hands-on. When we arrived very late in the evening nothing was too much trouble; we were provided with a very nice salad with nice cold meats, and we were able to buy wine by the bottle without any trouble. Those complaining about The Castell very obviously need to stay on the Spanish Costas in a glass and concrete monstrosity. We will be back to The Castell - we know exactly what to expect, and find it serves our purpose well. On other holidays to other parts of the world our expectations are different, but The Castell is in Italy, in a most beautiful place, delivering great Italian 3* small hotel service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Castell, grown in the rocky face of an lemon house "limonaia", in a quiet and phenomenal location, situated just e few steps from the characteristic historical center of the town, with shops, cafe's and restaurants, which can be reached by an internal staircase. The hotel has 48 comfortable and friendly rooms, divided into two categories: the double rooms Standard and the double rooms Superior. All rooms with shower/W.C., hairdryer, telephone, TV/Sat, safe and balcony. Internet connection (WLAN) free throughout the Hotelproperty. Rich breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant offers great quality and style cuisine that retrieves all the flavours of Italian tradition. Our Outdoor Pool is in a beautiful location, with a small refreshment area, the ideal place to relax, to ffer you drinks, snacks or sip an aperitif in the magic of the place Small parking place in front of the hotel or free garage (300mt) from the hotel You will have a reception open 24 hours on 24 and the friendly staff is happy to provide tourist information and help with your every request. Parking-place guarantee at 300 mt. from the Hotel. In Hotel ONLY on request and reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Castell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castell Hotel Limone Sul Garda
- Hotel Castell Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy