The thing to remember with the Castell is that it is a 3 star, value hotel (at least it was value for us). Most people in the hotel seemed to agree that they got a bargain and made the most of it.
We were staying half-board although we would have paid the same to stay B&B. So we treated dinner as a bonus and agreed that if the food was terrible we would just head into town for dinner. The food was interesting but we both managed to leave filled up every evening. If you don't like what you get served there is a nice salad buffet available to fill up from.
The views are incredible and every room has a balcony with a lake view. Our room was small and a little dated but it was very clean and we grew to like it a lot.
The staff were all friendly and flexible. We were allowed to have an early breakfast on 2 occassions and a late dinner on one since we were out on excursions.
Yes, the hotel is up a lot of steps (I counted 107 to the hotel then a further 36 to our room) but if you do your research first then you can decide if it is suitable. I see this as a positive as it is the height that gives such spectacular views and the walk down to town is quite charming.
The pool is beautiful too (but freeeeezing).
We would stay again. Any of the negative things you might read about food seem to be shared with all the hotels, even the 4 star ones (according to others on our flight).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Castell, grown in the rocky face of an lemon house "limonaia", in a quiet and phenomenal location, situated just e few steps from the characteristic historical center of the town, with shops, cafe's and restaurants, which can be reached by an internal staircase. The hotel has 48 comfortable and friendly rooms, divided into two categories: the double rooms Standard and the double rooms Superior. All rooms with shower/W.C., hairdryer, telephone, TV/Sat, safe and balcony. Internet connection (WLAN) free throughout the Hotelproperty. Rich breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant offers great quality and style cuisine that retrieves all the flavours of Italian tradition. Our Outdoor Pool is in a beautiful location, with a small refreshment area, the ideal place to relax, to ffer you drinks, snacks or sip an aperitif in the magic of the place Small parking place in front of the hotel or free garage (300mt) from the hotel You will have a reception open 24 hours on 24 and the friendly staff is happy to provide tourist information and help with your every request. Parking-place guarantee at 300 mt. from the Hotel. In Hotel ONLY on request and reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Castell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castell Hotel Limone Sul Garda
- Hotel Castell Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy