Just returned from a week staying at the Hotel Castell. It was everything we expected from the brochure.
Firstly the views are amazing. I think it's maybe luck of the draw with the room you get and the quality of the view but my room (and I think most rooms) had a stunning view over the rooftops of Limone and accross the lake to the mountians. Most evenings were spend just sitting on the balcony taking in the atmosphere and the music from the hotel below (which was mostly very good). The rooms are very clean, a nice size, with new furniture and a nice bathroom. Yes there is no air con but this wasn't a problem as the sun goes off Limone by 5pm ish and the doors to the balcony let a lot of fresh air in. The breakfast buffet was good and the evening meals were everything you'd expect from a 3* hotel - 3 choices of each course. The pasta was very tasty. The longest we took to have the 3 course meal was an hour and a half which isn't bad at all and there are wonderful views again from the dining room! The Swimming Pool was big by my standards with, again, fantasitc views. Steps are nothing to go down (!) and not bad going up. There are benches to sit on if you get tired but most people should manage them no problem! Management and staff seemed very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Castell, grown in the rocky face of an lemon house "limonaia", in a quiet and phenomenal location, situated just e few steps from the characteristic historical center of the town, with shops, cafe's and restaurants, which can be reached by an internal staircase. The hotel has 48 comfortable and friendly rooms, divided into two categories: the double rooms Standard and the double rooms Superior. All rooms with shower/W.C., hairdryer, telephone, TV/Sat, safe and balcony. Internet connection (WLAN) free throughout the Hotelproperty. Rich breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant offers great quality and style cuisine that retrieves all the flavours of Italian tradition. Our Outdoor Pool is in a beautiful location, with a small refreshment area, the ideal place to relax, to ffer you drinks, snacks or sip an aperitif in the magic of the place Small parking place in front of the hotel or free garage (300mt) from the hotel You will have a reception open 24 hours on 24 and the friendly staff is happy to provide tourist information and help with your every request. Parking-place guarantee at 300 mt. from the Hotel. In Hotel ONLY on request and reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Castell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castell Hotel Limone Sul Garda
- Hotel Castell Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy