Arrived back from Limone on 20 August. I would describe Hotel Castell as a no frills hotel.
As this was our second holiday of the year we decided to go for a generally cheaper option hotel and room.
I don't know what the superior rooms were like but our room didn't have a fridge, hairdryer or tea/coffee making facilities.
Guests should bear in mind that this an old hotel so doesn't have the benefit of air conditioning. My partner and I sufferred on a couple of nights due to the warm conditions. We didn't feel secure in leaving the terrace open but brought a portable fan instead. It worked ok but in that warmth, a fridge to keep water and other drinks cool would have helped.
The room we had was on the lower terrace where the view of the lake was partially obscured by a tree. That said the advantage of this hotel was that all rooms are guaranteed a lake view . We could see from our balcony that some guests in other hotels wouldn't get a lake view at all. The views from the swimming pool and restaurant balcony are fantastic.
The pool and sun lounge area is small so get there early. We thought the evening meals and service were excellent. Unfortunately, the hostess was not of a cheery disposition.
Limone itself is a quiet, beautiful and clean looking town. If you want more activity and shopping options, take a trip to Malcesne. If you take the cablecar to Monte Baldo, check the weather first. Its a bit dissappointing to get up there and not have the panoramic views.
We would stay at the Castell again but would choose a superior room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Castell, grown in the rocky face of an lemon house "limonaia", in a quiet and phenomenal location, situated just e few steps from the characteristic historical center of the town, with shops, cafe's and restaurants, which can be reached by an internal staircase. The hotel has 48 comfortable and friendly rooms, divided into two categories: the double rooms Standard and the double rooms Superior. All rooms with shower/W.C., hairdryer, telephone, TV/Sat, safe and balcony. Internet connection (WLAN) free throughout the Hotelproperty. Rich breakfast buffet. The evening restaurant offers great quality and style cuisine that retrieves all the flavours of Italian tradition. Our Outdoor Pool is in a beautiful location, with a small refreshment area, the ideal place to relax, to ffer you drinks, snacks or sip an aperitif in the magic of the place Small parking place in front of the hotel or free garage (300mt) from the hotel You will have a reception open 24 hours on 24 and the friendly staff is happy to provide tourist information and help with your every request. Parking-place guarantee at 300 mt. from the Hotel. In Hotel ONLY on request and reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Castell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castell Hotel Limone Sul Garda
- Hotel Castell Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy