“Beautiful hotel, great location, excellent food and service.”

Hotel Villa Romantica
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Limone sul Garda
Semriach, Steiermark, Austria
“Beautiful hotel, great location, excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I always check this site to read reviews. I had mixed feelings about this hotel because of some of the bad reviews. I am not sure but I think the management has recently changed and perhaps the unfortunate experiences were due to the old management. But I went ahead and booked this hotel because I know the area and I knew it was at least in a good location. I was very pleasantly surprised. The couple running the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The food was great and the service was excellent too. We chose half-board option for food and we were very impressed with the menu. Instead of a typical buffet, we had a nice selection every evening and were served meals in a beautiful dining room with great views overlooking the lake.
The hotel itself is lovely and charming with incredible views of the lake, a private beach and swimming pool.
Our room was small, although comfortable, and we had a balcony that made up for less than grand size of the room. The balcony was a treat that was unexpected and greatly appreciated. I highly recommend this hotel and will return very soon.

Room Tip: If you choose a standard room, ask for a balcony. It is a little more money but well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We did not stay here so I cannot comment on the accommodation. We were staying near by and discovered this hotel on a walk. It stands right on the edge of Lake Garda, as do many hotels. However we noticed this one because it does indeed look romantic, and quite small and charming. It has two or three terraces decked out in very nice looking garden furniture. The dining room is airy and overlooks the lake beautifully. The owner was very solicitous. The food was really good. A great change from the pizzerias that abound in Limone. We went for the set menu of which there were 3, each was 23 euro for 4 courses. Each course was delicious, and I assume, typically upmarket Italian. It was a great treat and change from the halfboard buffet we had booked in for at our hotel. If the bedrooms and rest of the service equals that of our experience of the restaurant I would happily recommend staying here for a couple of days. I imagine it would make a very very romantic stay. It is a pleasant walk along the path above the lake into Limone, which is where the photo was taken from. Limone itself is a very pleasant, civilised, small lakeside town.

Room Tip: Reading the other reviews, perhaps be very clear about your requirements and double check!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bobbieIreland
London UK
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Lovely hotel in superb location - right on lake beach, admidst stunning scenery, and a pleasant 10 minute stroll into Limone. The staff were lovely, helpful, friendly and kind (and with reference to 2 other reviews didn't rob me blind, nor did they double book me - but I did contact the hotel in advance to confirm my booking). The rooms were well decorated, clean and comfortable & the lake views were gorgeous (although they did not have air con which was unsurprising for a 3 star hotel, but would have been nice in the heatwave). I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Romantica, it was everything I hoped and more, making for an incredibly relaxing & pleasant stay. I was sorry to leave and plan to visit again next year.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank TravellingWillbury
Prague
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Hello everyone,

I would like to warn you all against staying at this hotel. I was there about a month ago and I was roobed. My wallet was stolen from my handbag when me and my boyfriend were having breakfast just few steps from our room. It was on our last day there, we checked out after the breakfast. Unfortunately, I realized I was robbed only in Germany when I wanted to pay for gas, so I could not do anything about it anymore.

What a surprise it was for me today to receive a call from an unknown person who also stayed at that hotel. The receptionist gave him my empty wallet and asked him to give it to me, because we are from the same country.

I know I was a bit silly to leave my handbag in the room but still????? I called them many times and asked them to at least give me back my id and transport pass, but they sweared they did not find anything. They had both my phone number and email, but they did not even contact me when they found my wallet. DISGUSTING!

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank VinoPrague
Newcastle
Reviewed 3 September 2007

The holiday in Lake Garda was booked some 3 months ago. It was to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. However, we received a telephone call from the agent to say that the Villa Romantica had sent an email 2 days before we were to leave, saying they had double booked. They could offer us a room a little further down the road but could not promise a sea view (which we had paid extra for). They were sorry.
I am sure that you can only imagine how upset we were. It spoilt our holiday and we couldn't go. We will have to try to book something else.

• Liked — WE NEVER GOT THERE, THEY CANCELLED OUR ROOM
  • Disliked — THEIR VERYPOOR REASON FOR CANCELLING OUR HOLIDAY
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hallasmam
Leicester
Reviewed 27 August 2006

We made this hotel our first stop on a tour of the Italian Lakes and Austria. Traveling from Bergamo Airport it took us about 1hour 30 mins to reach Limone[Lake Garda]. The Hotel is right on the waters edge with hotel reception on the top floor.It's a little difficult to find when you are driving and the road is narrow when you leave the main road to decend to the hotel built into the rock. When we arrived we were amazed by the beautiful view that the hotel looks out to the Lake. Our room was pure magic with the water lapping up on the beach directly below our balcony. The meals were excellent, varied and well cooked. The hotel staff were very helpful and spoke good english. The swimming pool was huge and immaculately clean. The only downside was the lack of a reasonable sized Bar in the evening. The reception area had four easy chairs which was not really good enough when we had rain one evening.
After a three day stay we moved on to Austria. we will definitely return to this hotel.

• Liked — The view and location proximity to Limone town
  • Disliked — No lounge Bar facilities
  • Tips/Secrets — Ensure you get driving directions. It's a little difficult to find the little road that leads down to the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank IJUSTLOVEFRIDAYS
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2006

Having been looking forward to a holiday without our children this was our first venture into hotel accomadation with half board. On arrival we were very warmly greated and given a tour. From then on everything we encountered was better than aticipated, food, facilities and particullarly the staff were excellent. We will definately be going back. P.S the surrouding area is also fantastic, just go.

• Stayed June 2006