This is one of those rare hotels that is even better than advertised. Most 3 star hotels in Italy, particularly in touristy locations, are more like 2 or 1 star hotels. In my opinion this hotel actually rates 4 stars. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The views were spectacular, and provided a particularly memorable backdrop for breakfast or other meals. The (included) breakfast deserves its own sentence. Fresh cut meats, quality cheeses, fresh fruits and veggies, a daily variety of cakes and breads...I have experienced some fine European breakfasts (we live in Europe) but this one was truly sublime. For lunch/dinner the restaurant has some excellent dishes (carpaccio, chocolate souffle cake, an interesting orange-flavored ravioli), and most of the menu rates at least "good". The food is clearly much better than at the surrounding restaurants, which mainly cater to rather chubby, elderly German tourists.
The hotel was so newly renovated the doors had no scratches. It was extremely tastefully done, with spacious rooms and bathrooms. We had a "mountain view" room, which didn't have much of a view, but was extremely quiet (good for our baby) and let in plenty of light during the day.
There are a few downsides:
- no WIFI or internet, whatsoever, with few options to connect even within the town. There's one tiny cafe about 1km uphill, but you have to use their computers.
- as other reviewers have said, the hotel is a bit hard to get to. If you have tons of luggage, be prepared to work a bit before checking in. The hotel is about 200m away from the nearest spot to (temporarily) park a car for unloading.
- the town is boooring, unless you happen to be one of the aforementioned chubby elderly German tourists. Then you'll probably quite like it. Even the ice cream sucks. Hiking in the region is great, but you could say that about a lot of towns near Lake Garda.
It's a wonderful hotel and restaurant in a very pretty and well-maintained, if lifeless, town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Limone sul Garda you'll find Hotel Monte Baldo. It is situated in a very calm position and surrounded from the ancient centre of Limone, full of history and traditions. From our Hotel you have a beautiful view on the old fishing harbour and you are facing directly the lake. In a special atmosphere and luxurious comfort you will spend unforgottable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Monte Baldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Baldo Hotel
- Hotel Monte Baldo Limone Sul Garda, Lake Garda, Italy